MJ Documentaries To Watch

Arif Emirhan Alkan

Proud Member
I Am planning To watch Loving Neverland with my family do you have any other recommendations?Also Thank You Michael For Everything.You are the first person aside form my family that I cried for.Hope to see you in heaven.

There's a doc called Michael Jackson Commemorated that focuses on when he visited Gary, IN in 2003 and his birthday celebration later that year. It has some cute moments in it!

The two Spike Lee documentaries Bad 25 and Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off the Wall are both excellent. They focus on him musically, with little personal stuff. They go in detail into each song on the respective albums. I also believe they are both free on YouTube now.

I also think Humanitarian: The Real Michael Jackson is pretty good. I felt like it could have covered more, but that's mostly because I had read a lot about his humanitarianism prior to seeing this.

Regarding legal issues and the allegations, I think Square One is your best bet.

There’s one called “Devotion“. It‘s pretty decent to my knowledge.

I made a somewhat similar thread a day earlier, that didn’t kick off so maybe mine can get merged with this one or just delete mine.

Absolutely phenomenal documentary recommended to me by @zinniabooklover!

Really great conversation on how Michael's own fandom of various artists and movements inspired his own work. But it's also like a love letter to Michael from a fan (and skilled filmmaker). I am pretty sure he actually says something about it being a love letter to Michael, but perhaps I'm remembering it wrong. Either way, I don't see how anyone who loves Michael wouldn't love this. Not only is the narrative itself great and the angle interesting, but the film quality, editing, and personality is just top notch!

Absolutely phenomenal documentary recommended to me by @zinniabooklover!

Really great conversation on how Michael's own fandom of various artists and movements inspired his own work. But it's also like a love letter to Michael from a fan (and skilled filmmaker). I am pretty sure he actually says something about it being a love letter to Michael, but perhaps I'm remembering it wrong. Either way, I don't see how anyone who loves Michael wouldn't love this. Not only is the narrative itself great and the angle interesting, but the film quality, editing, and personality is just top notch!
Yeah, Yoann does call it a love letter to Michael and it really is *exactly* like a love letter. The best kind. Beautiful, exciting, surprising, funny, heartfelt, emotional.

The stunning quality, as you say, of the filming, editing, the execution of the idea, the basic idea itself, the pacing, the ability to tell a story and keep me interested. There are just so many reasons to love this piece of work. And as a loving homage to Michael it is unbelievably good.

I'm so glad you liked it.

Yeah, Yoann does call it a love letter to Michael and it really is *exactly* like a love letter. The best kind. Beautiful, exciting, surprising, funny, heartfelt, emotional.

The stunning quality, as you say, of the filming, editing, the execution of the idea, the basic idea itself, the pacing, the ability to tell a story and keep me interested. There are just so many reasons to love this piece of work. And as a loving homage to Michael it is unbelievably good.

I'm so glad you liked it.
Absolutely! I will definitely be rewatching it too. All I ever want is really high quality documentaries about Michael and often that's not the case, even from people who are extremely well-intended. This felt so professional and was just so well-executed. I mean, I was totally riveted even with having to read subtitles the whole time! haha.

Thank you so much for sharing it and recommending it. I hope others check it out :)

I have to be honest I was totally gobsmacked when I watched Michael Jackson commerated, I never knew Michael agreed to something so personal and intimate.

I have to be honest I was totally gobsmacked when I watched Michael Jackson commerated, I never knew Michael agreed to something so personal and intimate.
gobsmacked! What a great word! But yes, I totally agree.

this is probably my favourite 💜 it was about his talent and success. he exuded positivity, that was able to reach all people in a way like never before (or since).

Back