MJ Estate Statement Re: Justin Bieber Slave To The Rhythm Recording. [Merged]

rish15

Proud Member
Gaz;3888933 said:
MJ Estate Statement about Slave 2 The Rhythm.

Hello there:

For those who have been asking about the recently posted recording of “Slave 2 The Rhythm” by Michael and Justin Bieber, this recording was not authorized and has been taken down.

Best,
The MJ Online Team

Hello

The song which leaked this week was not authorized for release of any sort. It should not have been made available on the Internet, nor should radio stations be playing it. Whoever uploaded the song is also likely responsible for distributing it to radio. Unfortunately, with the way technology works, once a song has been uploaded and disseminated by the original unauthorized party and then by fans who spread the song even more, it is very difficult to scrub the Internet of the song completely.

We can assure you that the Estate is quite upset about the leak and is doing everything in its power to get the song removed from as many sites and YouTube channels as possible.

Best,

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™"

This is a bit interesting...

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_THup5zWjrc

http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/look-this-is-probably-complete-bollocks-but/118649/

Last edited:
Re: Someone's mixed STTR with Bieber

Well I'm not sure what to say.
The video on that site doesn't work but I found it on youtube.

Of all the unreleased MJ tracks I have heard STTR has the most potential as a future hit single. I prefer the MJ only version, but if this version is released (or something similar) and does well then it's all good.

I hope the MJ fan community don't ruin future potentially good projects with their 'purist' views. It's too limited IMO. The MJ Estate have no more new MJ material being recorded so they have to work with what they've got and they are largely unfinished tracks. They need to make money, that is their job.

STTR was almost releasable IMO, all it needed was a fresh mix and the MJ Estate could have released it as a Michael Jackson single, which would have been awesome. A guest artist could have been acceptable, but they have turned this into 'Bieber feat. Jackson' rather than 'Jackson feat. Bieber' which is a shame. While I would have preferred less Bieber and more Jackson on this particular track we all have to accept that guest artists will be in the future and we (as a fan community) need to be less hostile toward projects like this. I would like to see MJ at the top of the album and singles charts on his own, but that is incredibly unlikely. If mixes with guest artists can do it then I'll be happy. The purists can be catered for later with more raw MJ demos and outtakes on album packages. Hit singles need to be contemporary, and they need to be polished. This new version of STTR is both.

Last edited:

STTR sung by Mike is great, but this is horrible, sorry. Bieber should not try to be like Michael Jackson. It'll never work. Ever.

I agree, although some of the Bieber vocals don't sound like him, but then some do. Feels like a familiar situation :p At least we know MJ's vocals are real though.

I'm assuming this is real, but I'll have to listen properly later.

Assuming this is real, that means unreleased MJ songs with finished vocals are being replaced with duet partners... I liked the duet idea if it meant the duet partner would sing the unfinished parts of whatever song Michael left, but this is just unnecessary.

Is this Beiber ? and how is he allowed to sing this song. We have been waiting for it to be released and not by JB :( This is BS

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no No no no no!

If this gets released as a duet all hell will break lose. Yes this song deserves a release but it would be ridiculous to release it as a duet!!

Estate, be careful. :)

No future Michael Jackson songs should be released as duets unless the duet was actually recorded with Michael when he was still alive. Slapping modern singers on these unreleased songs is just really disrespectful

First of all i think this is official leak
Secondly. Michael's vocal sometimes sounds different from first leaked version, and Bieber didn't have song STTR till now.
MJ's voice clean, so it can't be result of filtering.

I think Sony ia planning single release. Remember when they was choosing tracks for BAD25, they said "We've found a gem! but it is from different era", that hit was STTR. So maybe they will release it as dued\remix version on album, and demo, solo\remix, duet\remix on a single, like was with The Girl Is Mine Single in 2008.

And it will be disaster if this will be the only one version released. I am seriously saying, if that happens, i will print bieber photos and burn them wishing him dead. BIEBER DON'T RUIN MJ'S TRACKS! RUIN YOURSELFS!

If this is gonna be released and put on the next album then i won't be buying it. I really hope that they haven't f**ked up again like they did with the last album

Slapping Justin Bieber on Slave To The Rhythm to try and appeal to the younger crowd is wrong, disrespectful and insulting

This is beyond pathetic if the estate are releasing this as a duet with beiber. It's amazing with MJ on his own. They are going to piss ALOT of ppl off if they do this. They will never get my respect back if this happens. Slave to the rhythm SHOULD be a single but only with MJ!!!

Notice how clear MJ's voice is with no bg music from the original song? They used the cappella - this shit is official

I think we the MJ fan community need to rally together and protest against this disaster of a song before it gets officially released. Why don't we all contact the estate and show our disapproval?? This is disgraceful!!!!!

Spreading this via Twitter/Google+/YouTube/Facebook.

People must hear about this and protest.

Bieber has his own take of the song.

Michael's voice is too clear to be filtered.

It must be something behind the scenes. But this is just brutal.

If this is a remix of the song and they are using the MJ only version as the official song then I guess I'm okay with it. But if this version with beiber is the official version I'm gonna be sick and they have yet another disaster on their hands.

On the plus side, we have some clearer MJ vocals on this song. Down side is the song is potentially a huge hit, but it may have Biebers name attached to it.

I hope if it is released like this it won't be on Bieber's upcoming album and on MJ's instead.

Is somebody able to change the thread title? This needs as much attention as it can get. We need to rally as many fans as we can in protest against this!

I prefer the MJ only version, but if this version is released (or something similar) and does well then it's all good I suppose.

This^

Oh and if anyone tries to say ''Oh well if we have Justin Bieber on here it will appeal to the younger crowd and it will go to number 1 and be big hit'' and to those people i'd like to say SHUT THE F**K UP!! Michael Jackson dignity as an artist is far far far more important than getting a number 1 record!

They could easily get a #1 with this song just using mjs vocals!

What would you like to change it to?

Hmm how about 'STTR MJ featuring Justin Beiber set for official release?'

I dunno just something to get this more attention if indeed it is being planned to be released.

Hold on, Hold on! Chill. We already have the full Michael version. We are quick to judge others, but when it comes to MJ everything is wrong and must be clarified. We have NO idea what the Estate/Sony are doing. This could be a 2CD duet album where one disc is duets and the other is original versions. But if they release a single from that, who the f*** cares? It's about time people started taking Justin Bieber seriously, he is not the 16 year old who sang Baby anymore. Do you think people threw ABC at Michael Jackson all the time? No. he was given time to mature and that is what JB is doing now. Maybe he will get there (obv not MJ level, come on.)

Whilst people may not like what I've said because he's a "gay 19 year old who spits on fans etc etc" we need to grow up really. It is not "blasphemy" nor is it an "insult". It is simply making these songs more attractive to more markets = $$$$. If his own family are only doing things for money, then why shouldn't the people who it's their job to get money from him? We already have the full Michael Jackson version anyways, so y'know.. chill.

The video on that site doesn't work but I found it on youtube.

Of all the unreleased MJ tracks I have heard STTR has the most potential as a future hit single. I prefer the MJ only version, but if this version is released (or something similar) and does well then it's all good I suppose.

I think Michael's name should not be officially associated with acts below a certain level. His legacy and image should not be cheapened just for instant chart success.

Fans are doing all kind of mash-ups on the Internet, I have no problem with that, but a release of something like this would be a disaster for Michael's image as an artist. Bieber is not taken seriously as an artist and with a good reason.

I must be in some kind of a nightmare. Just when you think they couldn't mess it up any more. Please somebody kill me.

Back