MJ Haters that are my friends??? :(

1958MJJmoonwalker7

Applehead_MJ
Hi guys i have a question. MJ is my absolute favorite person on this earth, and i want to express that. i believe that i should be myself and not purposely try to be like others, but whenever i listen to him or watch his videos, one of my friends always says, "hes so weird" or "isnt he dead?". it always hurts my feelings and i know i should be true to myself and michael, but if i keep going on about it, she'll find a way to bring me down for my interests. i've tried to make jokes or be serious in the past but its never worked. Shes also kind of sensitive in a mean way, so if i try to talk back or stand up, we'll probably end up in a fight :( the thing is, she is OBSSESSED with this one mainstream artist. he is much older than her, and she always says that she wants to marry him and is obssessed. she loves him in a very different way than the reason i love mj, and she doesnt know that. i feel like i cant have a mature conversation with her, but i still want to be her friend. what should i do? šŸ˜¢

the thing is, she gives offhand comments a lot of the time like, "hes so weird" and laughs like its a light joke. so i dont know if she knows shes hurting my feelings and i dont want to ruin the mood ,you know? i also think she doesnt know that i love that he is a kind, genuine person that i can see myself in and relate to in some ways. i think she thinks i only like him because of his music, and that im just a regular fangirl.

Last edited:
we have a pretty similar personality when it comes to jokin around. we can laugh about random things. but other than that idk rly know... ive never thought of that
It's important to have friendships that are actually meaningful. You don't have to have everything in common but if they put down your interests that's not cool. But at the same time, maybe they're just not the one to talk about it with.

the thing is, she gives offhand comments a lot of the time like, "hes so weird" and laughs like its a light joke. so i dont know if she knows shes hurting my feelings and i dont want to ruin the mood ,you know? i also think she doesnt know that i love that he is a kind, genuine person that i can see myself in and relate to in some ways. i think she thinks i only like him because of his music, and that im just a regular fangirl.
It she just gives offhand comments like that it might not be a big deal. Not everyone likes the same things. I don't have friends that are fans of Michael.

If you can't work out the differences between your music choices, then moonwalk away from this friendship. Especially if she doesn't build you up. Even if she doesn't like Michael Jackson(which is a huge red flag hehe), she should not be undermining you for your interest in him. It's difficult, but try to talk to her. She might not even realize she's making you feel this way. Good luck

If you can't work out the differences between your music choices, then moonwalk away from this friendship. Especially if she doesn't build you up. Even if she doesn't like Michael Jackson(which is a huge red flag hehe), she should not be undermining you for your interest in him. It's difficult, but try to talk to her. She might not even realize she's making you feel this way. Good luck
thank you!!!

we have a pretty similar personality when it comes to jokin around. we can laugh about random things. but other than that idk rly know... ive never thought of that

Excuse me but you seem like a healthy person with a head on your shoulders which is not the case for your friend so like Jay I think it's not going to work sorry. But it's a blessing in disguise for you, I think it will be more beneficial than anything else.

Back