MJ is the only international artist in UK top 10 best selling albums twice

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Cmn3a3BWIAA6_4J.jpg:small

Last edited:
Re: Michael is the ONLY international artist in the top 10 of the UK's best selling albums of all ti

Oops can a mod edit this to say that "Michael is the ONLY international artist with TWO entries in the top 10 of the UK's best selling albums of all time"
I accidentally worded it wrong, but I only noticed after I already posted the thread LOL. :)

Re: Michael is the ONLY international artist in the top 10 of the UK's best selling albums of all ti

I always thought Bad was MJ's best selling album in the UK??

It was for a very long time. But sometime in the 00's a re-appraisal was done of this list - I don't know by whom or why. When this happened, suddenly the chart shuffled a great deal and Thriller went above Bad with Bad dropping significantly. Interestingly this chart matches very closely with the BPI's certifications on albums. And notably, Bad has had no new certifications on it for the past 24 years!! Thriller on the other hand was recently re-certified in February this year.

Oops can a mod edit this to say that "Michael is the ONLY international artist with TWO entries in the top 10 of the UK's best selling albums of all time"
I accidentally worded it wrong, but I only noticed after I already posted the thread LOL. :)

The title is too long to add anything to it (there's a word limit) but if you want you can suggest a shorter one.

The title is too long to add anything to it (there's a word limit) but if you want you can suggest a shorter one.

Michael only int'l artist in UK top 10 best selling albums

Something like that?

Michael only int'l artist in UK top 10 best selling albums

Something like that?

"Michael only int'l artist in UK top 10 best selling albums twice" Abba is there too ;)

Only solo international artist? :D

Great list MJ is my favorite solo artist ever and Oasis are my favorite band ever The Beatles and Queen take 3rd and 4th Spot.

This is really impressive. Even the Beatles didn't make it twice-and I don't see the Rolling Stones at all.

Back