MJ Song List

Mjjpikagurl

Proud Member
If you were to make a list of officially released MJ songs would you include the songs from the album "Michael"?

Do you mean to include "those" 3 songs with the impostor ? *
Regarding those 3, I'm not sure.

Regarding the other songs, yes, because they were officially released, so by definition they belong to such a list.
Though I hate what they did with many of them, I'm convinced they would have been completely different if Michael finished them. (Same goes for Xscape.)
I would also include all the Motown and Steeltown eras and works he did with other artists. (Categories may be useful there.)

* I just got it ... "Michael" album was "Among us" ten years ahead of it's time?

Yes - of course I would. The 7 songs are actually great. But the Cascio songs... no of course not.

Yeah well they're not all that great, the more I hear, the more I don't like how they finished them. In example, 3 songs that I'm 100% sure they ruined for me on both "Michael" and "Xscape", after comparing them to previous versions/original demos: "Much too soon", "Love never felt so good", "A place with no name" ... I think that "Behind the mask" gets in that list, but haven't listened to it for while. Hence, I'm not even sure if I want to consider all of those as MJ songs ... more "some kind of DJ remixes based on unreleased songs".

Maxym;4317486 said:
Do you mean to include "those" 3 songs with the impostor ? *
Regarding those 3, I'm not sure.

Hess;4317506 said:
Yes - of course I would. The 7 songs are actually great. But the Cascio songs... no of course not.

Whether we like it or not, these three fake Cascio songs (on the ‘Michael’ album) are officially released songs by Michael Jackson.

According to The Los Angeles Second District Court of Appeal, these three songs are rightfully being sold under the singer’s name.

This also means that both Sony and The Estate can continue to rightfully get revenues from the sales of these three songs.

Maxym;4317486 said:
Though I hate what they did with many of them, I'm convinced they would have been completely different if Michael finished them. (Same goes for Xscape.)

This is the fate of many posthumous songs after an artist dies.

In the case of Michael Jackson, they also released certain, previously unreleased songs, that the singer would have never wanted them to get released.

Also, another problem in his case is that they called producers (with whom Michael Jackson never worked when he was still alive) in order to contemporize them and finish them in their own way (and thus ruining the original vision that the singer had with these songs).

mj_frenzy;4317512 said:
Whether we like it or not, these three fake Cascio songs (on the ‘Michael’ album) are officially released songs by Michael Jackson.

According to The Los Angeles Second District Court of Appeal, these three songs are rightfully being sold under the singer’s name.

This also means that both Sony and The Estate can continue to rightfully get revenues from the sales of these three songs.

This is the fate of many posthumous songs after an artist dies.

In the case of Michael Jackson, they also released certain, previously unreleased songs, that the singer would have never wanted them to get released.

Also, another problem in his case is that they called producers (with whom Michael Jackson never worked when he was still alive) in order to contemporize them and finish them in their own way (and thus ruining the original vision that the singer had with these songs).

I know they are released and therefore are oficially MJ songs... - But the question in this thread IS:
If you were to make a list of officially released MJ songs would you include the songs from the album "Michael"?

And My answer is - if I were to make a list of officially released MJ songs, I would include the 7 MJ songs from Michael, YES.

I was not asked to answer what the law says, what a judge says or anything, I asked the question asked, my opinion. I know of course the 3 fake songs are a part of MJ's official catalog - that is the whole problem with these songs. They should be removed from Michael and MJ's discography - but that's a totally different discussion than what was asked in this thread.

mj_frenzy;4317512 said:

that's a lie michael didn't write them.

Back