MJ Songs That SHOULD Be Re-released?

It does make a lot of sense, but it's so unfair how some of the tracks are technically from Dangerous sessions (Superfly Sister, Blood on the Dance Floor, Earth Song etc).
Yes, but then, as you already are alluding to with your inclusion of Earth Song, many of the songs of the album proper can be traced far back. Come Together and Little Susie are Bad and Off the Wall era, respectively, for Pete’s sake!

Reading it the way I did, all of your statements became logical fallacies. You want WHE only because you don’t have TUC. You don’t have TUC only because it has everything you want. And so on…

Okay, I will resign. Over and out!
Our brains work differently, lol. I think we can agree on that. And that John Robinson interview! We're good. :)

I agree the '01 rework deserves to see the light of day, but the '86 version does need to be rereleased to come out of the black hole called TUC.
The Ultimate Collection deserves to languish in limbo forever because it's compressed so horribly, it is not worth listening to.

Secretly, King of Pop was a way better effort. Just impossible to invest in. So just dismantle it and go from there.

The Ultimate Collection deserves to languish in limbo forever because it's compressed so horribly, it is not worth listening to.
True, but we're talking content-wise, right?
There's always the option to go back to the original masters.

True, but we're talking content-wise, right?
There's always the option to go back to the original masters.
Well yeah, true. But then, idk. Why not just rerelease it? That's the true missing equation piece; they'll make a new TUC. With new outtakes. That would make the most sense (for a senseless organization).

Well yeah, true. But then, idk. Why not just rerelease it? That's the true missing equation piece; they'll make a new TUC. With new outtakes. That would make the most sense (for a senseless organization).
Sunset Driver has just been reused for T40. Much less compressed than before, but the mix is awful.

Sunset Driver has just been reused for T40. Much less compressed than before, but the mix is awful.
I didn't notice a difference. A negative one anyway. The bass is much more noticable on the new mix. And I enjoy it way more without the compression so it's a nonstarter for me which j prefer.

I didn't notice a difference. A negative one anyway. The bass is much more noticable on the new mix. And I enjoy it way more without the compression so it's a nonstarter for me which j prefer.
I beg to differ, but do you, mate.

completely off topic, but i think the reason to why the OG songs on Xscape sound so poorly mixed is because they werent done by L.A Reed and his team, but in-house by the estate, similar to Thriller 40.

What’s this now, then? Is it “I’m gonna have to put you down” you believe people will object to?

I never heard anyone having any problems with the lyrics. Explain yourself!
In this era? I can assure you people will object to such a line. It suggest putting a girl down like how you put a horse with a broken leg down.

I fully expect you’re now going to tell me “putting someone down“ is just another way of breaking up and not killing someone. So if that is the case be gentle and don t embarrass me too hard 😅

In this era? I can assure you people will object to such a line. It suggest putting a girl down like how you put a horse with a broken leg down.

I fully expect you’re now going to tell me “putting someone down“ is just another way of breaking up and not killing someone. So if that is the case be gentle and don t embarrass me too hard 😅
It literally just means belittling someone.

Now how would you like to be flogged? Socially, I mean.

Now why would they make them sing something like that? 🤣

(But then again, they made them sing Touch…)

But wait… the song must have taken on a whole different form for you now, now that you have freed yourself from your old interpretation? @filmandmusic

But wait… the song must have taken on a whole different form for you now, now that you have freed yourself from your old interpretation? @filmandmusic
Not really, I didn’t care about the lyrics because he didn’t write them. I loved the song for Michael’s vocal interpretation of it. It is actually one of my fave Motown songs. For the same reason I don’t mind “touch” either. I think it is a great song but I understand people might find it too steamy for such a young singer 😅

Hollywood Tonight definitely deserves a better release push on an album that isn't as tainted with controversy, and is more popular. Especially if it turns out there's additional elements to the song, potential extra vocals ,as well.

Last edited:
Imagine a world where the Neff-U's mix of Hollywood Tonight gets an official release...

Back