MJ Songs That SHOULD Be Re-released?

Guess this thread needs to be revived officially.

Start with Chicago. Heaven Can Wait. Who Do You Know. Work from there.
Some great suggestions on this thread but I'd settle for We've Had Enough. Bc I don't have TUC, bc it has everything I love about Michael as an artist, bc it is so stunningly brilliant and bc the world needs it. IMO. :)

Some great suggestions on this thread but I'd settle for We've Had Enough. Bc I don't have TUC, bc it has everything I love about Michael as an artist, bc it is so stunningly brilliant and bc the world needs it. IMO. :)
I am firmly of the camp they should save it for Invincible 25. And yet, it would be a pretty big song, a pretty notable song, and one of the last few MJ anthems. Idk though. My idea was to license the song, maybe for a big movie soundtrack, and then let it chart naturally.

The successful songs go first. Cheater doesn't need a rerelease. They need to release the Invincible era version.
I agree the '01 rework deserves to see the light of day, but the '86 version does need to be rereleased to come out of the black hole called TUC.

I am firmly of the camp they should save it for Invincible 25.
You're thinking like a producer. I'm just being selfish. I want the song and I want it now. A re-release to give it a chance to raise its profile. I want the song to be part of the world's DNA.

And yet, it would be a pretty big song, a pretty notable song, and one of the last few MJ anthems. Idk though. My idea was to license the song, maybe for a big movie soundtrack,
I love the idea of it being on a film. Especially if it came out before 2026. Next year would do me very nicely, lol. :)

Seriously, though. That song could work SO well in the right film. Doesn't have to be a political film. That song has a lot of scope.

and then let it chart naturally.
I've already started weaving daydreams around this.

'Doggone Lover' originally released on the 1973 LP 'Music & Me' but has been missing from many of the recent re-issues, it is a great song and certainly deserves to be heard by more fans.
What are you on about here? Is it Doggin’ Around you’re referring to?

Edit: Yes, of course that’s the track you are referring to. I do apologize if I came across as brash!

And I do agree with you in that it (Doggin’ Around) is a great song.

Last edited:
Bet a kidney Invincible will never get any anniversary re-release.
Make it 2. If Dangerous which is an album a lot more popular than Invincible couldn't get a re-issue then neither will Invincible. The only reason HIStory of all things is/was going to get an anniversary release is because of the HIStory tour, nothing more.

The only reason HIStory of all things is/was going to get an anniversary release is because of the HIStory tour, nothing more.
Yes, although I prefer HIStory over Dangerous, an anniversary rerelease of it was just an excuse to release Munich and get that out of the board.

Lol! I read this post in a stepwise manner:

I want We’ve Had Enough!
Why do I want WHE?
Because I don’t have TUC.
How come I don’t have TUC?
Because it has everything I love about Michael as an artist.
Why does it [TUC] have everything I love about Michael as an artist?
Because it is so stunningly brilliant and because the world needs it!

Oh, well — I might be too tired for hanging around in this community right now, but I gotta tell you… I found this hilarious! 😅

Make it 2. If Dangerous which is an album a lot more popular than Invincible couldn't get a re-issue then neither will Invincible. The only reason HIStory of all things is/was going to get an anniversary release is because of the HIStory tour, nothing more.
What’s the reasoning to that, though, seeing as Dangerous like HIStory had a tour?

Probably. Great tune! I doubt fans will warm to the lyrics in the chorus though lol
What’s this now, then? Is it “I’m gonna have to put you down” you believe people will object to?

I never heard anyone having any problems with the lyrics. Explain yourself!

What’s the reasoning to that, though, seeing as Dangerous like HIStory had a tour?
John Branca said on the premiere of Michael Jackson's Halloween premiere at Comic Con 2017 that it's because it's the only tour that was recorded in HD, surround sound and with multiple camera angles.

John Branca said on the premiere of Michael Jackson's Halloween premiere at Comic Con 2017 that it's because it's the only tour that was recorded in HD, surround sound and with multiple camera angles.
Pff, couldn’t care less about surround. And I find this Branca claim odd, to be honest.

Thanks for the explanation.

Lol! I read this post in a stepwise manner:

I want We’ve Had Enough!
Why do I want WHE?
Because I don’t have TUC.
How come I don’t have TUC?
Because it has everything I love about Michael as an artist.
Why does it [TUC] have everything I love about Michael as an artist?
Because it is so stunningly brilliant and because the world needs it!

Oh, well — I might be too tired for hanging around in this community right now, but I gotta tell you… I found this hilarious! 😅
I must be tired, also, bc I didn't understand this.

I don't have TUC bc I didn't buy Michael's records until after he died. Did not know about TUC. When I did go looking for it found out it had been discontinued. I don't shop online. Occasionally I do WHE on YT but mostly play it in my head. At some point I will have to decide whether to buy the thing online.

I am out of step with everyone. This is my normal life, lol.

I wonder if there was going to be an album along with the remaster of the concert or if it was going to be just that, there's so little remaining songs from HIStory that if they were going to make a re-issue they'd have to rely almost entirely on past releases.

Pff, couldn’t care less about surround. And I find this Branca claim odd, to be honest.

Thanks for the explanation.
Well. It seems that Munich is the only potential live release which gives them the option to redo from scratch (since there's raw footage of each camera separately and the multitracked audio).

Everything else is the "live angles mix" (jumbotron feed) of each show.

I wonder if there was going to be an album along with the remaster of the concert or if it was going to be just that, there's so little remaining songs from HIStory that if they were going to make a re-issue they'd have to rely almost entirely on past releases.
Or make it a single disc with the bonuses being additional tracks to the album.

Or make it a single disc with the bonuses being additional tracks to the album.
Wouldn’t fit, would it? Or do you mean, a single disc on top of the original album?

Yeah, don't mind me. It has 3 minutes left on a CD only.
An additional CD then, maybe.
Maybe bundle it with BOTDF, that is, the five proper songs from there. Then fill the rest of that second disc up with Much Too Soon, demo versions, etc.

Maybe bundle it with BOTDF, that is, the five proper songs from there. Then fill the rest of that second disc up with Much Too Soon, demo versions, etc.
It does make a lot of sense, but it's so unfair how some of the tracks are technically from Dangerous sessions (Superfly Sister, Blood on the Dance Floor, Earth Song etc).

I must be tired, also, bc I didn't understand this.

I don't have TUC bc I didn't buy Michael's records until after he died. Did not know about TUC. When I did go looking for it found out it had been discontinued. I don't shop online. Occasionally I do WHE on YT but mostly play it in my head. At some point I will have to decide whether to buy the thing online.

I am out of step with everyone. This is my normal life, lol.
Reading it the way I did, all of your statements became logical fallacies. You want WHE only because you don’t have TUC. You don’t have TUC only because it has everything you want. And so on…

Okay, I will resign. Over and out!

Back