MJ was a Vegie or Non-Vegie?

I'll also mention that Kai Chase, since that note was shared.. She said Michael ate lean protein including fish.. she'd make him antioxidant drinks, eggs, lean meats, some potatoes, and greens.

The one thing I'll never forgive Michael for is liking KFC more then/instead of Popeyes.:lol:

Popeyes chicken>any other chicken except for maybe my local carry out.

Honestly I don't think he was a strict vegetarian, I think he just wanted people to think he was. If that makes sense.

He never tried to make people think that he was a vegetarian when he was not. He was a strict vegetarian during the Thriller and the Bad era, and that's when he said he was a vegetarian. After he started eating chicken and fish, he stopped saying he was a vegetarian.

He never tried to make people think that he was a vegetarian when he was not. He was a strict vegetarian during the Thriller and the Bad era, and that's when he said he was a vegetarian. After he started eating chicken and fish, he stopped saying he was a vegetarian.
True. He had special chefs that traveled with him as well as frequenting a vegetarian restaurant in Encino.

I remember him saying that Jermaine had turned vegetarian because of his skin problems and he decided to do it too-around Off the wall/Triumph time.

Last edited:
Looks like he also went back to vegetarianism for a short while in the late 90s. This is from an interview with Debbie Rowe around the time Prince was born:

"Michael's a vegetarian, and I was too until I was three months pregnant," she says. "Then I became very anemic, so I had to start eating chicken and fish and meat again. When Prince was born, it became an issue. I wanted him to eat meat, but Michael didn't. It was an ongoing argument, but I won. It was one of the few fights I ever won with him. I wouldn't compromise my baby's health for anything and Michael agreed with me."

Michael was going to eat Spinach cob salad with organic turkey breast the day he passed..

Back