MJJC Legacy Project - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

This is the certificate of the trees which was sent to Katherine Jackson

From Yvonne Kolsteeg on The One Rose for MJJ Facebook Page

:hug:( I Posted this for other research but thought it should go here as well ):agree:

Last edited:

This is the certificate of the trees which was sent to Katherine Jackson

From Yvonne Kolsteeg on The One Rose for MJJ Facebook Page

:hug:( I Posted this for other research but thought it should go here as well ):agree:

This is awesome! Between American Forest, Arbor Day and Nature Conservency, many trees are being planted in honor of Michael. No on can deny that Michael made signficant contributions to heal the world and still is through us. I'm so proud of our MJ Family. God Bless you all. :angel:

Re: MJJC LEGACY INITIATIVE - Planting Trees in Michael's Honour

By the way, we can still donate in honor of Michael to the fund that Nancii (TheChosenOne) set up. When I donate every month, I always write to the Nature Convervency Member Services to ask them to allocate my donation to the Michael Jackson fund using the reference number that is associated to the fund of course. They write back and say they are glad to do it. I think they see the outpouring of giving by the fans as well.

With Arbor Day, I give in honor of Michael and print out a ceritificate and American Forests, I have done the same. We are all making a difference. :wub:

:ciao: :bow: You are so awesome Teamie :clapping::heart:

I was also wondering about our MJJC Legacy Team Nature Conservatory Account :pray:

Can we get that started and UPDATED windy09 I know there is others that were on this Team Project and all the amazing work you did for Michael :pray: Please regarding the details and information could you please send it to me in a PM :agree: or in the LP Room :dancin: I will be doing everything I can to keep this Thread Updated as soon as we get the "Trees" count update !! It would be so awesome if we all could earn our OWN Plaque for planting Trees for MJ :heart:

By the way, we can still donate in honor of Michael to the fund that Nancii (TheChosenOne) set up. When I donate every month, I always write to the Nature Convervency Member Services to ask them to allocate my donation to the Michael Jackson fund using the reference number that is associated to the fund of course. They write back and say they are glad to do it. I think they see the outpouring of giving by the fans as well.

With Arbor Day, I give in honor of Michael and print out a ceritificate and American Forests, I have done the same. We are all making a difference. :wub:

Last edited:

:ciao: Teamie :heart:

Would you please put this information here AGAIN for us to continue contributing to our account :agree: so proud of all the work that has been done here for MICHAEL :pray::heart::pray:

:ciao: :bow: You are so awesome Teamie :clapping::heart:

I was also wondering about our MJJC Legacy Team Nature Conservatory Account :pray:

Can we get that started and UPDATED windy09 I know there is others that were on this Team Project and all the amazing work you did for Michael :pray: Please regarding the details and information could you please send it to me in a PM :agree: or in the LP Room :dancin: I will be doing everything I can to keep this Thread Updated as soon as we get the "Trees" count update !! It would be so awesome if we all could earn our OWN Plaque for planting Trees for MJ :heart:

Hi Bree, what I posted about earlier with Nature Conservancy is the project that we were keeping track of the number of trees. I don't know of another one. Please let me know if there is. Also I will send you the fund account number for what I give to via PM.

Sending love and light,
Kim

Hello MJJC Family,

Below is the original post from this thread from TheChosenOne. Included is the fund information. Please see below:

Sending a major L.O.V.E.

=======================================================

banner2ru.png

The Michael Jackson Fan Community continues to 'Make That Change'!

We are pleased to announce our first official initiative - Plant A Tree In Michael's Honour!!!

We must first acknowledge that this idea was first mooted by Chamone on the KOP board and brought to our attention by Wendy 2004! Thanks for this guys!

As Michael fans we know how strongly Michael felt about the planet, its environment and its people and the MJJC Legacy Project have established a Michael Jackson Memorial Fund with the Nature Conservancy in support of the their Plant A Billion Trees project.

The Nature Conservancy, the leading conservation organisation, is committed to protecting ecologically important lands and waters. They address threats to conservation, including climate change, partnering with indigenous communities, businesses and governments.

Check them out at: http://www.nature.org or http://www.plantabillion.org/

Fans can choose to donate as little as $10 US for 10 trees.

IMPORTANT: WHEN MAKING A DONATION, PLEASE BE SURE TO USE THIS REFERENCE NO. 1207 5587. THIS IS THE NUMBER SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MICHAEL JACKSON FUND.

To donate you can:

1] visit their site (see above).
PLEASE NOTE - if you choose to use this option you will need to send a separate email to
natureconservancy@mailca.custhelp.com, providing them with your RECEIPT CODE and the REFERENCE NUMBER for Michael's fund

2] call them at 1-800-628-6860 (be sure to give them the reference number)

3] post a cheque/postal order to:
Nature Conservancy
P O Box 6016
Albert Lea
Minnesota, 56007
U.S.A.
(be sure to attach a note with the reference number)

The Nature Conversancy will keep a record of the number of trees are donated in Michael's honour and the Legacy team will be able to give a monthly update! But when you have donated, feel free to post here in the thread .

So, ready, set, GO MJ fans - let's show the world how it's done

Nancii

:clapping: :swoon: We already had it :doh: I thought there was other information that was missing :agree: Like where can we go to Update the Tree Counts for our Project in the Thread :scratch: I will PM you :bow:

Love & Light

:group::heart::group:

A Million Trees for Michael

" Take care of the planet and love each other, because we are all one." ~ Michael Jackson

Welcome to A Million Trees for Michael, which is dedicated to planting trees all over the world in honor of Michael Jackson. In addition to planting trees, our blog and Facebook page concentrates on promoting Love, Kindness, Compassion, Understanding, Appreciation, and especially Unity for all Beings, as Michael taught. We’re committed to carrying on with Michael’s message, spreading L.O.V.E throughout the World.

A Million Trees for Michael is a non-profit organization where fans of Michael Jackson can give a gift back to HIM in exchange for the music, the magic, & the memories he has given to us for nearly five decades! ”

[YOUTUBE]QbrbxO00k7w[/YOUTUBE]

My name is Trisha Franklin and I am the creator/founder of A Million Trees For Michael Although I loved Michael’s incredible music and his amazing dancing, where I felt a true connection and kinship to him was through his kind, compassionate heart. It was so clear that Michael had a desire to help make the world a better place, and I, too, share that same dream.

After seeing “This Is It”, I was inspired to create this project, to honor Michael and keep his memory alive, while also helping our beautiful planet and future generations to come. We have partnered with the oldest environmental non-profit organization in the U.S., American Forests which was founded in 1875. Now fans can plant trees in Michael’s honor for only $1.00 per tree, to give a gift back to Michael for everything he has given to us to enrich our lives. Our hope is to have “Michael Jackson Memorial Forests” in as many countries as possible, on every continent, as Michael was so beloved all over the world.

[YOUTUBE]17yh7g5DfjA[/YOUTUBE]

In the past year and a half,A Million Trees for Michael has gained an international team which now ranges from the USA to England and Germany and as far away as Australia. We are now approaching 14,000 fans on our Facebook page, with over 18,000 visitors our website, from all over the World.

Everybody knows Michael loved God, nature and trees and we think he would be pleased to see a project like this, dedicated to his memory and honor.

Won’t you join us in planting 15 (or more) trees for Michael and our Mother Earth?

The Source:
http://www.amilliontreesformichael.com/

76-640x360.jpg

The Article:

An Acre Of Trees for Michael Jackson ..Friday, 15th March 2013

We have received the following report from the Michael Jackson Legacy group about an acre of trees which will be forever protected in Michael’s memory!

On 16th January, just over two months since fund raising for Michael’s Acre began, the entire £3000 for a dedicated, protected acre of woodland and expertly-crafted dedication bench, was funded by Michael’s faithful around the world. It is likely that the bench will be ready by the end of June/beginning of July this year, at which time the woodland – chosen by donors – will also be dedicated. Once dedicated, it is dedicated for posterity. The beautiful woodland is called ‘The Nymph Hay,’ and is situated in a quaint and picturesque village in the UK called Kington St Michael.

If this isn’t enough to make you wonder whether this was meant to be, the woodland is also adjacent to a children’s playground. In fact, it was partly designed by children! Bev Steyn, an invaluable supporter of MJL, recently flew in from South Africa to take a look. As the first supporter to visit the woodland since it was chosen, she kindly agreed to take photos for us all, and you can see some of her wonderful pictures here.

hay.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

With bluebells having been planted last year, this wood is going to look glorious in spring, and even more so in summer, when the bench is complete and the acre is officially dedicated.

The Source:
http://www.mjworld.net/news/2013/03/15/an-acre-of-trees/

Hello MJFamily,

I've posted this several months ago, but I will post again. I still donate to this fund and will do so again in just a few minutes. Please see below:

Hello MJJC Family,

Below is the original post from this thread from TheChosenOne. Included is the fund information. Please see below:

Sending a major L.O.V.E.

================================================== =====

banner2ru.png

The Michael Jackson Fan Community continues to 'Make That Change'!

We are pleased to announce our first official initiative - Plant A Tree In Michael's Honour!!!

We must first acknowledge that this idea was first mooted by Chamone on the KOP board and brought to our attention by Wendy 2004! Thanks for this guys!

As Michael fans we know how strongly Michael felt about the planet, its environment and its people and the MJJC Legacy Project have established a Michael Jackson Memorial Fund with the Nature Conservancy in support of the their Plant A Billion Trees project.

The Nature Conservancy, the leading conservation organisation, is committed to protecting ecologically important lands and waters. They address threats to conservation, including climate change, partnering with indigenous communities, businesses and governments.

Check them out at: http://www.nature.org or http://www.plantabillion.org/

Fans can choose to donate as little as $10 US for 10 trees.

IMPORTANT: WHEN MAKING A DONATION, PLEASE BE SURE TO USE THIS REFERENCE NO. 1207 5587. THIS IS THE NUMBER SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MICHAEL JACKSON FUND.

To donate you can:

1] visit their site (see above).
PLEASE NOTE - if you choose to use this option you will need to send a separate email to
natureconservancy@mailca.custhelp.com, providing them with your RECEIPT CODE and the REFERENCE NUMBER for Michael's fund

2] call them at 1-800-628-6860 (be sure to give them the reference number)

3] post a cheque/postal order to:
Nature Conservancy
P O Box 6016
Albert Lea
Minnesota, 56007
U.S.A.
(be sure to attach a note with the reference number)

The Nature Conversancy will keep a record of the number of trees are donated in Michael's honour and the Legacy team will be able to give a monthly update! But when you have donated, feel free to post here in the thread .

So, ready, set, GO MJ fans - let's show the world how it's done

Nancii

Trees can add value to your home, help cool your home and neighborhood, break the cold winds to lower your heating costs, and provide food for wildlife.

The Value of Trees to a Community

The following are some statistics on just how important trees are in a community setting.

“The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to ten room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.” —U.S. Department of Agriculture

“If you plant a tree today on the west side of your home, in 5 years your energy bills should be 3% less. In 15 years the savings will be nearly 12%.” —Dr. E. Greg McPherson, Center for Urban Forest Research

“A mature tree can often have an appraised value of between $1,000 and $10,000.” —Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers

“In one study, 83% of realtors believe that mature trees have a ‘strong or moderate impact’ on the salability of homes listed for under $150,000; on homes over $250,000, this perception increases to 98%.” —Arbor National Mortgage & American Forests

“Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20 percent.” —Management Information Services/ICMA

“One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 18 people.” —U.S. Department of Agriculture

“There are about 60– to 200-million spaces along our city streets where trees could be planted. This translates to the potential to absorb 33 million more tons of CO2 every year, and saving $4 billion in energy costs.” —National Wildlife Federation

“Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30 percent and can save 20–50 percent in energy used for heating.” —USDA Forest Service

“Trees can be a stimulus to economic development, attracting new business and tourism. Commercial retail areas are more attractive to shoppers, apartments rent more quickly, tenants stay longer, and space in a wooded setting is more valuable to sell or rent.” —The Arbor Day Foundation

“Healthy, mature trees add an average of 10 percent to a property’s value.” —USDA Forest Service

“The planting of trees means improved water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. This allows more recharging of the ground water supply. Wooded areas help prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams.” —USDA Forest Service

“In laboratory research, visual exposure to settings with trees has produced significant recovery from stress within five minutes, as indicated by changes in blood pressure and muscle tension.” —Dr. Roger S. Ulrich Texas A&M University

“Nationally, the 60 million street trees have an average value of $525 per tree.” —Management Information Services

To help locate New York City’s heritage trees, the City Department of Parks and Recreation conducted a program called the “Great Tree Search.” New Yorkers looked for trees of unusual size and age, those linked with historic landmarks, and trees of unusual species or location. On Arbor Day, they held a big party to celebrate New York City’s Great Trees.

After a tornado destroyed more than 800 trees in Cardington, Ohio, citizens organized a tree restoration committee which solicited donations and memorials. Volunteers who learned of the tree planting through local newspaper articles appeared on Arbor Day to wrap trunks, water, mulch, and stake 40 large trees which were planted along major streets.

1d3bbc563a4f2b017a91980010c9290f.jpg

We will Plant Trees via Arbor Day Foundation.

“To exist as a nation, to prosper as a state, and to live as a people, we must have trees.”
—Theodore Roosevelt

Link:
http://www.arborday.org/

Back