MJ's Deaf Impersonator

FullLipsDotNose

Proud Member
Just come across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK0DeN-RheM

The video (a bit old though, I guess) depicts a deaf Czech impersonator Karel Černý. He's never heard him singing, but that didn't stop him from pursuing a career in dancing. He has a girlfriend and a son whose name is Michael Černý (which literally means "Michael Black").

In Czech Sign Language with Czech subtitles.

To me, it just looks incredible to see Deaf people embracing MJ's legacy, because to many people, he will be remembered primarily as a musician.

that's cool, I have a cousin who's also deaf and MJ fan, and he like to dance too like him

That's cool. This reminds me of a conversation me and DuranDuran had in another topic the other day where he made a remark something along the lines "what good is dance to blind people?". His point seemed to be that music is more important than dance or that dance is somehow unimportant comapred to music. I don't agree with that because the same way you can ask then "what good is music to deaf people"? And this proves that dance actually can make deaf people enjoy music in a way that they would be never able to experience if they just saw a bunch of guys with guitars sitting on a stage.

Last edited:
That's cool. This reminds me of a conversation me and DuranDuran had in another topic the other day where he made a remark something along the lines "what good is dance to blind people?". His point seemed to be that music is more important than dance or that dance is somehow unimportant comapred to music. I don't agree with that because the same way you can ask then "what good is music to deaf people"? And this proves that dance actually can make deaf people enjoy music in a way that they would be never able to experience if they just saw a bunch of guys with guitars sitting on a stage.

I'm no expert on this, but I've heard that even Deaf people can perceive music through "interpretation". I saw an interpreter (she works as an interpreter for Czech Sign Language and Czech language) making moves that represented rythm and melody of a classical composition. To me, it looked like a "hand dance". I'd like to know what MJ's songs would look like.

Deaf people can also perceive strong ***** (it's not a matter of sound as such, but resonance), so they can go to disco and dance to techno, for example.

Back