MJs first ever recording to be available digitally?

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
Apologies if this has already been discussed somewhere. Please direct me there if so.

Fifty-six years ago, on July 13, 1967, Michael Jackson and his brothers entered Chicago’s One-derful studios for their very first recording session. The session produced a song called “Big Boy,” with the song marking the first time Jackson’s voice was put on tape and the first recording from The Jackson 5.

Now, the song is getting its first-ever digital release. Starting Thursday (Dec. 7), fans can purchase “Big Boy (One-derful Version)” as part of a limited-edition release. This release is being done in collaboration with the song’s owner, Recordpool, and Swedish blockchain-based music and royalty marketplace anotherblock.

Available for $25, the “open edition” package includes the “Big Boy (One-derful Version)”, accessible through anotherblock’s player; images of master tape and agreements; downloadable song stems; and a digital vinyl B-side including “Michael the Lover” and “My Girl” along with their stems.

Available for $100, the “limited edition” includes everything in the open edition, along with newly designed artwork and nine additional songs and stems from the Steeltown sessions in 1967: “Big Boy (Steeltown Version),” “We Don’t Have to Be Over 21 (To Fall in Love),” “You’ve Changed,” “Tracks of My Tears,” “Lonely Heart,” “Saturday Night at the Movies,” “Stormy Monday” and “Under the Boardwalk.”

These packages will be available worldwide for four days, starting Thursday at noon ET via the anotherblock site.

There's more information in the article. Anyway, this sounds like total nonsense, yeah?

Nice thanks. I didn't get the limited edition physical release so will definitely check this out. I'm curious about the B-sides. Are these the steeltown versions or did The Jackson 5 also record these songs prior to the 1968 release? 🤔

$100 is a bit steep though!

Edit: I got the regular version and the B-sides are just the Steeltown recordings.

Last edited:
Ok so the version labelled as the One-der-ful version in the $25 version is NOT the one-der-ful version at all but the regular steeltown version!

So I'm confused the version released in 95 isn't the original ?

is it a vinyl at all.. or just a picture on a USB of a vinyl = digital vinyl? xD

Yeah it's like an NFT. They've updated the version now to be the actual one-der-ful version. I regret the purchase. Should have just kept the $25 and put it towards getting a physical copy of the 7" released in 2014.

"we're the only ones that are allowed to disrespect Michael Jackson"

Seriously though this does seem like a major cash grab.

Looks like it's gonna be dealt with.
LMAO

In Thursday’s letter, the estate also sharply criticized the decision to publish previously unreleased songs, telling anotherblock that Jackson was “was the consummate perfectionist” and that he had been “very careful about what recordings he released to the public.”

Because of this, we have serious doubts that Michael would have ever wanted these recordings released and commercialized,” the estate’s attorneys wrote.

LMAO

In Thursday’s letter, the estate also sharply criticized the decision to publish previously unreleased songs, telling anotherblock that Jackson was “was the consummate perfectionist” and that he had been “very careful about what recordings he released to the public.”

Because of this, we have serious doubts that Michael would have ever wanted these recordings released and commercialized,” the estate’s attorneys wrote.
The estate don't like to practice what they preach, in any conceivable way lol.

anotherblock = NFT

best thing the estate has done for Michael in years!!!

LMAO

I get the funny haha joke, but I actually feel very starved of new MJ content.

Last bit of music we got was mostly recycled stuff. Time before that was 8 cuts of mostly leaks.

And they tried to give us fake songs, I mean, writer's demoes that made us nostalgic for Michael, remember?

Back