MJ’s Jerky/Staccato style Dance moves in This Is It.

MKTCREATE

Proud Member
You know the kinda jerky/staccato style dance moves MJ pulled out in WBSS and a couple of other times during This Is It? I always thought they were a bit different/strange but as I was listening to Invincible today on my hike, I thought to myself, those kind of dance moves would have suited the Invincible sound perfectly? I wonder if he came up with a whole new set of moves/new style in the Invincible era for songs like Unbreakable, Threatened, Heartbreaker etc that he never got to show because of the lack of videos and performances of those songs and if that’s what we got a glimpse of in those moments during This Is It? Thoughts?

I’m sure he had practiced dozens of new steps, he did that with each new album but he was always secretive about it.

The YRMW walk is an example, and the slow mo hip thrusting in his Billie Jean this is it performance.

You know the kinda jerky/staccato style dance moves MJ pulled out in WBSS and a couple of other times during This Is It? I always thought they were a bit different/strange but as I was listening to Invincible today on my hike, I thought to myself, those kind of dance moves would have suited the Invincible sound perfectly? I wonder if he came up with a whole new set of moves/new style in the Invincible era for songs like Unbreakable, Threatened, Heartbreaker etc that he never got to show because of the lack of videos and performances of those songs and if that’s what we got a glimpse of in those moments during This Is It? Thoughts?
Absolutely yeah!

His moves on the HIStory tour were so eclectic:

But then

You can see his moves at work in 2001. He still just couldn't help but show out even at 42.

This definitely informed his moves in 2009.

On a similar note, I'd give... not my legs away, but if I could, put my legs in service to the ideas and spontaneity flowing through him later in life. For example we know he worked with Lavelle Smith Jr. in late 2008 and that they always filmed their brainstorming sessions. Those videos exist (allegedly).

Back