MJ's most creative songs?

BTW I didn't know there was a more finished version, why wasn't it released?

Apparently, DBMR was worked on during the Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and History sessions. The version released on Bad 25 was from the Bad sessions, which is understandable.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on unreleased songs can confirm it.

Wow. I didn't know it went that far back. I always thought it was from the bad era. learned it something "new" today.

Here's my pick:

HIStory: A beautiful and skillful blend of classical music, hip-hop, gospel and r&b within the structure of sound collage and avant-garde music
Morphine: Industrial noises (actually electric guitar played by Michael and Slash), movie samples (The Elephant Man) and anti-climax section (the demerol part)
Heartbreaker: The prototype of modern dubstep music
In The Back: Reversed structure and melody
I Am Love: Probably the most underrated J5 song with multiple sections in different genres, could've been the Bohemian Rhapsody or A Day In The Life of J5

I think the rap part in Tabloid Junkie that isn't very audible serves a purpose. That part of the song represents the media and serves the point that they talk rubbish, hence why the vocals are very hard to understand and sound gibberish. The part where MJ's vocals becomes audible represents him and his point of view. MJ is obviously very clear in his message that "just because you read in a magazine or see it on a TV screen, don't make it factual."

Never thought about it like that. Makes a lot more sense now.

Apparently, DBMR was worked on during the Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and History sessions. The version released on Bad 25 was from the Bad sessions, which is understandable.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge on unreleased songs can confirm it.

Peter Lopez -MJs then attorney- said in late 2007 DBMR was a candidate for T25.

Back