Moonwalker in UK

MJBrazil21

Proud Member
Can anyone tell me if when Moonwalker was released in cinemas in 1988, was it shown in the UK? If yes, in which cities?

it was released on 26th December 1988....nationwide as far as I know.

it was released on 26th December 1988....nationwide as far as I know.
Do you know if there were any exhibitions in Oxford, Liverpool, York, Manchester, Watford, or in Scotland for example?

Do you know if there were any exhibitions in Oxford, Liverpool, York, Manchester, Watford, or in Scotland for example?
No offence, but that's an odd one to include. Watford isn't a city, it's just a small town.

No offence, but that's an odd one to include. Watford isn't a city, it's just a small town.
Sim, eu sei disso, mas This is It foi exibido nos cinemas de lá, então talvez tenha havido uma exibição do filme Moonwalker em dezembro de 1988

Sim, eu sei disso, mas This is It foi exibido nos cinemas de lá, então talvez tenha havido uma exibição do filme Moonwalker em dezembro de 1988
Can't be bothered finishing the google translate on this but it seems weird to suddenly abandon English when your other comment was in English

OK, just did a bit more Google translate. I don't speak Portuguese, sadly.

This Is It was shown in lots of cinemas in the UK including really small towns as well as large cities. I can't remember what happened with Moonwalker bc I didn't want to go and see it at the cinema. I don't think it was widely shown. In 1988 people wanted to own a film on video.

Just to add , why is there a Brazilian poster randomly interested if Moonwalker played in a cinema in Watford upon it's release in 1988? 🤣🤣🤣

That's phucking brilliant 😂

I lived in England at the time, and I was a child, so I don't remember when it was released
I hadn't looked at your name before. Apologies for not picking up that English might not be your first language. I was an adult when Moonwalker was released and even I can't remember anything about the cinema release for the film, lol.

It went straight to VHS in the states; theatrically released elsewhere.

HMMMMM would be cool if it did go to cinemas
It would but I'm wondering how I missed that if it really happened. I didn't want to see the film myself - I'm not really into the cinema - but I would have been stoked for Michael to get a cinema release. Posters outside cinemas. Posters at the bus stop. I don't remember any of that. wth? 🤔

All I can remember is everyone had it on video.

It would but I'm wondering how I missed that if it really happened. I didn't want to see the film myself - I'm not really into the cinema - but I would have been stoked for Michael to get a cinema release. Posters outside cinemas. Posters at the bus stop. I don't remember any of that. wth? 🤔

All I can remember is everyone had it on video.
yeh i think it went to VHS

Looks like “lorimar motion pictures” was the UK distributor.

It went straight to VHS in America,,,,it was cinematically released elsewhere.

I saw it in the cinema in Romford, a random town on the outskirts of London. I assume it was released everywhere in the UK.

Back