Movie Thread

DuranDuran

Proud Member
Jazz On A Summer's Day (1958)
[youtube]L36AhSocVlc[/youtube]

The Secret Life Of Plants (Stevie Wonder - 1979)

Last edited:
Sound (Rahsaan Roland Kirk - 1966)

Last edited:
The Harder They Come (Jimmy Cliff - 1972)

Last edited:
Calliope (Phil Collins - 1994)

Last edited:
Gimmie Shelter (Rolling Stones 1970)

[youtube]lTsWs4FY6Gk[/youtube]

Save The Children (1973)
This was recently uploaded. The poster says it is edited, probably cut out something so Youtube doesn't block it. It doesn't say what was edited though. The picture quality isn't that good, but this is probably the only way you're going to see it. Because I doubt it will ever get an official release. If it does, it won't be anytime soon. I know the Marvin Gaye What's Going On/What's Happenin' Brother medley was officially released on a DVD of different Marvin performances. I have it. There was also a soundtrack (which has been out of print since the 1970s). The concert movie has never been on home video, other than a bootleg in the VHS days.

I wonder if Questlove can get something done about Save The Children getting a release. He is behind making the documentary about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival (Summer Of Soul). Although it would be cool to actually get the Harlem footage released in full, it's just a few clips in the documentary. A few years ago Questlove also put out a photo book about Soul Train.

Back