Musicians that Michael inspired or Influenced

voyevoda

Proud Member
Musicians that Michael inspired. I just gonna list the ones that i know.

Eddie Vedder
What was the first record you bought?
I remember how much it cost -- $5. It was probably a Jackson 5 record. It might have been Got To Be There -- the Michael Jackson solo record...at like a liquor store. He also said he loved "Ben"

Miley Cyrus
Her "Fly on the wall" video had some thriller and bad in it. She also changed her party in the usa song at teen choice to make a shout out to him. She's not talentless

Some obvious ones are Usher and Beyonce. Confessions was Billy-Jeanish. Beyonce uses a ton of his dance moves. Don't get me started on Justin Timberlake.

Pharell Williams.
Some of Radiohead's stuff screeches "MJ" to me at times. "Last flowers" for example. But maybe that's just me...

this new Kravitz song sounds like it was inspired by Walk Right Now:
Lenny Kravitz: Human

Justin Timberlakes new shortfilm of No Angels seems to be inspired by Thriller and Liberian Girl
Justin even says the same words as Michael in Liberian Girl when he is seen after the filming: that's a wrap

Last edited:
Last edited:
This may come as a surprise to some (I found out today myself): Kurt Cobain. He made a drawing of Michael to express his admiration.

https://www.julienslive.com/lot-det...-COBAIN-ORIGINAL-MICHAEL-JACKSON-ILLUSTRATION
I only came across this fairly recently. I like it a lot, I think Kurt did a good job. I've seen a comment on reddit claiming that Kurt was a big fan of Michael when he was young but what that's based on I don't know. I can easily imagine an artist being inspired to draw Michael even if they were not so interested in the music. Kurt would have been in his mid-teens by the time Thriller came out so Michael, as an iconic figure, would already be part of Kurt's cultural landscape.

Kurt Cobain wearing a MJ shirt
Kurt-Cobain-wearing-Michael-Jackson-t-shirt-michael-jackson-dave-grohl-200x400.jpg

Back