My Michael Jackson YouTube Content

russtcb

Proud Member
Hi all. Apparently I created an account on here a couple of years ago, but never ended up posting. Some of you may know me as one of the hosts from the Thriller Challenge parties, but I'm guessing most don't know me lol. Having said that, I have a music podcast and a YouTube channel that covers tons of music. As a long time fan and staunch defender of Michael Jackson, we end up having more MJ content then any other artist. I thought I'd post some of our Michael Jackson YouTube content for anyone who's interested. If this isn't allowed, please by all means remove the thread. I really do think MJ fans will enjoy this stuff though :)

Hi all. Apparently I created an account on here a couple of years ago, but never ended up posting. Some of you may know me as one of the hosts from the Thriller Challenge parties, but I'm guessing most don't know me lol. Having said that, I have a music podcast and a YouTube channel that covers tons of music. As a long time fan and staunch defender of Michael Jackson, we end up having more MJ content then any other artist. I thought I'd post some of our Michael Jackson YouTube content for anyone who's interested. If this isn't allowed, please by all means remove the thread. I really do think MJ fans will enjoy this stuff though :)
Really enjoyed this. I do find this whole 'Michael / Prince' thing weird, boring and exhausting. As you say, it's crazy to compare them as they were such different artists. I know the media love to do this - Beatles vs. The Stones, Madonna vs. Cyndi etc. But it's nonsense. Plus, as you point out, no-one needs to choose. We can have it all, lol.

I've never been that bothered about Prince. Just never really appealed to me that much. The only song I had was SOTT. That did change late last year. I had a sudden Prince moment and managed to pick up a few more songs that I like. I think I've got about 6, now. But it's still the case that he mostly leaves me unmoved. But it's not bc I think he's inferior to Michael. It's just personal taste.

I enjoyed this but, I dunno, hidden gems? SIM? Got to No.4 in the UK. It's never gonna be talked about as freely as BJ or Thriller or Beat It, for sure, but that goes for so much of his output, doesn't it?

GITM - god, yeah, that is easily Slash's best ever solo and one of the best ever from anybody in any decade. I don't read muso mags very often but I do like to catch Slash interviews when I can but that guitar solo never gets mentioned. Or I haven't seen it. Don't understand that at all. It's an astonishing piece of work.

Butterflies - can't argue with that although was hoping for DWA, lol. But any time Invincible gets some love, I'm happy.

Streetwalker - yeah, fine, but I was hoping you'd go for Abortion Papers. Of course, I understand that these are *your* preferences not mine! It's just that Song Groove / Abortion Papers seems to get pretty much no attention, imo. The conversations always seem to be about Streetwalker.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this. I do find this whole 'Michael / Prince' thing weird, boring and exhausting. As you say, it's crazy to compare them as they were such different artists. I know the media love to do this - Beatles vs. The Stones, Madonna vs. Cyndi etc. But it's nonsense. Plus, as you point out, no-one needs to choose. We can have it all, lol.

I've never been that bothered about Prince. Just never really appealed to me that much. The only song I had was SOTT. That did change late last year. I had a sudden Prince moment and managed to pick up a few more songs that I like. I think I've got about 6, now. But it's still the case that he mostly leaves me unmoved. But it's not bc I think he's inferior to Michael. It's just personal taste.

I enjoyed this but, I dunno, hidden gems? SIM? Got to No.4 in the UK. It's never gonna be talked about as freely as BJ or Thriller or Beat It, for sure, but that goes for so much of his output, doesn't it?

GITM - god, yeah, that is easily Slash's best ever solo and one of the best ever from anybody in any decade. I don't read muso mags very often but I do like to catch Slash interviews when I can but that guitar solo never gets mentioned. Or I haven't seen it. Don't understand that at all. It's an astonishing piece of work.

Butterflies - can't argue with that although was hoping for DWA, lol. But any time Invincible gets some love, I'm happy.

Streetwalker - yeah, fine, but I was hoping you'd go for Abortion Papers. Of course, I understand that these are *your* preferences not mine! It's just that Song Groove / Abortion Papers seems to get pretty much no attention, imo. The conversations always seem to be about Streetwalker.
Thanks for checking the videos out and I really appreciate your counter points on the hidden gems thing.

To be honest, the hidden gems series is just based solely on my personal experience. Here in the US, it seems next to no casual MJ fans have heard Stranger In Moscow, let alone most of Invincible lol.

Pretty much everyone I've played songs like that for are always like "wow, what a song! I can't believe I've never heard this!" and I'm always like "yeah, I can't believe you hadn't heard it either" haha.

Again, I appreciate you watching some of the videos and giving me some feedback :)

Thanks for checking the videos out and I really appreciate your counter points on the hidden gems thing.

To be honest, the hidden gems series is just based solely on my personal experience. Here in the US, it seems next to no casual MJ fans have heard Stranger In Moscow,
Yes, to all of this. I totally get why you listed SIM as a hidden gem. I'm sure you've noticed that it has been included in that Spotify Michael Jackson: Deep Cuts list. I was pleased to see it there. Yes, it got to No. 4 in the UK but I'm sure if you asked a random person to name some of Michael's songs they would just go for the usual 80's songs. If you nudged them to go for 90's stuff they would probably mention BOW, maybe Earth Song or YANA. I doubt they would remember SIM.

I was just being melodramatic, lol.
let alone most of Invincible lol.
I know. :(

That said, at least HCW has been trending plus it's on that Spotify list. I'm very happy about that.

Pretty much everyone I've played songs like that for are always like "wow, what a song! I can't believe I've never heard this!" and I'm always like "yeah, I can't believe you hadn't heard it either" haha.
As long as people get to hear SIM (GITM, IIS, Keep The Faith, 2Bad ... ) and they have a chance to get to know it, that's the main thing. :)

Again, I appreciate you watching some of the videos and giving me some feedback :)
I'm working my way through the Taj interview. It's good, one of the best I've heard.

Back