My World: The Official Photobook: Vol. 1

I know it's old thread... but do we know now for sure if it was really written by Michael?
On amazon I found rewiev:
Contrary to popular belief 'My World: The Official Photobook' - Was NOT written by Michael Jackson.

It was created and licensed by MJ Licensing who sold it under the false pretense that Michael Jackson had created and released it. However, when MJ came to know of this, he requested for all future copies to be halted, (as he knew that it was misleading to his fans etc. He had not created such a book.) That is why you will never see this book in print. Michael himself had put an end to the publication and distribution of it. As far as I am aware, MJ Licensing does not even exist anymore.

For any true MJ fans, if you read the book carefully, you will see that it doesn't even sound like Michael's words...The captions that have been used, have been dug up from previous comments that MJ has made. MJ Licensing may have had access to some pics/lyrics etc of MJ, (which may have not been seen before,) but, so do many companies...

I will advise you to look at Michael's previous Officially released books; 'Moonwalk' and 'Dancing the Dream' and you will see the difference in quality immediately. 'My World: The Official Photobook' does not compare on any level. MJ (as you all know) did not produce half hearted ventures, his work was world class and this book is definitely not anywhere on that par, because it wasn't from MJ.

Sorry to disappoint all of you, but, for those of you who have forked out big bucks for it, I truly feel for you guys...
If someone knows something - please let me know. Thank you :)

Back