NEW BOOK: Michael Jackson: Rewind: The Life and Legacy of Pop Music's King

Remember when he got booed at the World Music Awards despite the fact that everyone including the other stars there (Chris Brown and Beyonce) were stanning like hell for him.
You want to know something funny? I remember seeing on the evening news that Michael was booed at the World Music Awards-the story probably went worldwide. And I was so mad and disgusted and just hurt for him, that I cried. (And I don't cry at the drop of a hat)

Somewhere around 2008 I discovered the Pandora's Box of YouTube and I was just watching all these videos and ran across that very World Music Awards ceremony and heard the screaming and the applause and the frenzy that night-no one was booing Michael. It was the exact opposite.

My mouth fell open and I even think I did a "movie style double take". I just couldn't believe the audacity of the press of reporting something that was so flagrantly false and easily disproven. Just unbelievable.

You want to know something funny? I remember seeing on the evening news that Michael was booed at the World Music Awards-the story probably went worldwide. And I was so mad and disgusted and just hurt for him, that I cried. (And I don't cry at the drop of a hat)

Somewhere around 2008 I discovered the Pandora's Box of YouTube and I was just watching all these videos and ran across that very World Music Awards ceremony and heard the screaming and the applause and the frenzy that night-no one was booing Michael. It was the exact opposite.

My mouth fell open and I even think I did a "movie style double take". [/B]I just couldn't believe the audacity of the press of reporting something that was so flagrantly false and easily disproven. Just unbelievable.[/B]
It's messed up but doesn't surprise me in the least.

When the media does stuff like that they're riding on the fact that many people will believe anything negative about Michael even if it's a obvious lie coupled with the fact that for many people if they hear a lie often enough they believe it's the truth, even when the lie is debunked with solid evidence.

For example, even after the autopsy there a lot of people that still swear up and down that Michael bleached and didn't have vitiligo.
I would say I pity the fools, but I don't because those dumbasses are the ones that perpetuate lies about Michael.

My mouth fell open and I even think I did a "movie style double take". I just couldn't believe the audacity of the press of reporting something that was so flagrantly false and easily disproven. Just unbelievable.

he was not booed in the arena on that night, but there was those in the fan community who expressed disappointment and anger towards him that he wasn't going to perform when he never said he was going to

Remember when he got booed at the World Music Awards despite the fact that everyone including the other stars there (Chris Brown and Beyonce) were stanning like hell for him.

That was farr from booing lol it was almost pandemonouim

That was farr from booing lol it was almost pandemonouim

Exactly!
But the media wanted people to believe that Michael was no longer relevant and/or cared about outside of the allegations so they made up lies.
They wanted the masses to believe that Michael had "faded" when in reality his star was shining bright as ever to the people that knew the truth.
They did everything they could from saying that Michael was washed up, to straight up trying to replace him.
The media's intentions were obvious as f***.
How in the hell had Michael faded when kids born after his death know and love him more the any other solo artist from his time or before.
Michael will never fade.

I've bought five new books about Michael in the past year, and haven't been able to make myself finish them. They're not trash pieces, but it still depresses me to think of his death and those despicable allegations. If not for selfish idiots leeching off him, its very likely Michael would still be alive. Here's my collection, so far...

Man in the Music - Joseph Vogel
Michael Jackson Conspiracy - Aphrodite Jones
Michael Jackson: The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story - J. Randy Taraborrelli
Moonwalk
My Friend Michael - Frank Cascio
Redemption - Geraldine Hughes
Xscape Origins (author's name keeps getting censored)
You Are Not Alone - Jermaine Jackson

There's still a couple of others I'd like to have as well, like "Dancing the Dream", "Defending a King" by Karen Moriarty, and "83 Minutes" by Matt Richards.

yeah, no boo's... IDK why that was drummed up.. The only boo I've ever heard related to Michael was if he did not want to sing when pressured and fans wanted to get him going with a "boo".. that's about it

yeah, no boo's... IDK why that was drummed up.. The only boo I've ever heard related to Michael was if he did not want to sing when pressured and fans wanted to get him going with a "boo".. that's about it

Exactly!
The only 'boos' in that room were people boohooing because they got to see the GOAT in person.
What happened was literally the exact opposite of what the media reported.

The media liked/likes to pretend that Michael isn't the best to ever do it or anything special, meanwhile WHO is literally almost ALWAYS their go to when it comes time to flatter another artist with a comparison?
WHO is almost always their go to when they want to diminish/tear down one artist to make another artist (that in reality isn't as good) look better in comparison?

The media treated Michael like shit while he was here, and NOW along with still dragging his name through the mud they STAY using him as a scapegoat to bolster artist that are nowhere near his level.
The whole situation is cringeworthy and disrespectful.

I've never been one of those it was on tv so it must be true type of people in the first place, but the shit MJ went through really opened my eyes to just how vile and disgusting the media can be.

Last edited:
Pink Diamond Princess;4176574 said:
The media liked/likes to pretend that Michael isn't the best to ever do it or anything special, meanwhile WHO is literally almost ALWAYS their go to when it comes time to flatter another artist with a comparison?
WHO is almost always their go to when they want to diminish/tear down one artist to make another artist (that in reality isn't as good) look better in comparison?

The media treated Michael like **** while he was here, and NOW along with still dragging his name through the mud they STAY using him as a scapegoat to bolster artist that are nowhere near his level.
The whole situation is cringeworthy and disrespectful.

I've never been one of those it was on tv so it must be true type of people in the first place, but the **** MJ went through really opened my eyes to just how vile and disgusting the media can be.

You know, P.D.P., the media is absolutely notorious, for pushing and promoting younger, more (supposedly) “relevant” so-called “artists,” with far less talent or even musical ability — such as the two Justins, for example — as being the “new,” or the “next” (whatever the case) version of Michael, as they will never even remotely be anywhere near his degree and level of skill he had as an entertainer, a vocalist and and one of THE best dancers ever.

The only other fellow true artist who should rightfully be considered as his equal (who had quite a lot in common with him, besides both men having been the same age and their biggest career success and achievements, respectively, each having occurred at around the same time) is his closest contemporary — Prince. None of these less-talented (or, you might as well say, “NO Talent At All,” with the majority of them), lesser-known youngsters — the “Neo-Soul”-genre performers possibly being the few rare exceptions, as they are quite skilled in what they do, and I really enjoy their music — could ever hold a candle to either Prince, Michael, nor any one of the great various “R&B”/“Soul” artists and groups popularized from the 1960’s on through the 1980’s.

A few whose careers began either in the ’90’s or later are exceptionally talented, being on the same level as performers from earlier years and decades. Mariah Carey, Chanté Moore, Boyz II Men and Jill Scott are amongst such talented more recently popular artists.

With that being said, you’re absolutely right when you point out how badly Michael was treated by the media, especially, since 1985. This was when people still thought of him as an entertainer, with no interest in, nor knowledge of, the business world. His purchase of the “A.T.V.” music catalogue did much, much more than just prove his critics wrong, it made him one of THE most powerful people in the industry, and thus had made him a “threat” (as he was perceived to have been) to the “establishment” at the same time.

To the powers that were, at that time, he should have ‘stayed in his place,’ so to speak, and just been a ‘song-and-dance man’ in their eyes. They either were jealous of Michael’s success with “Thriller” or looked down on him because of his race and his past as a “cute” child performer who became famous singing “bubblegum ‘Soul’ music” with his brothers. What do you think, P.D.P.?

Last edited:
GGVVGGCC22331122;4193469 said:

With that being said, you’re absolutely right when you point out how badly Michael was treated by the media, especially, since 1985. This was when people still thought of him as an entertainer, with no interest in, nor knowledge of, the business world. His purchase of the “A.T.V.” music catalogue did much, much more than just prove his critics wrong, it made him one of THE most powerful people in the industry, and thus had made him a “threat” (as he was perceived to have been) to the “establishment” at the same time.

To the powers that were, at that time, he should have ‘stayed in his place,’ so to speak, and just been a ‘song-and-dance man’ in their eyes. They either were jealous of Michael’s success with “Thriller” or looked down on him because of his race and his past as a “cute” child performer who became famous singing “bubblegum ‘Soul’ music” with his brothers. What do you think, P.D.P.?
I agree. I'm sure that many people didn't like that Michael had so much knowledge and power along with as an entertainer being able to do everything (at an extremely high level) but play an instrument.

Back