[NEW] Limited edition picture disc vinyl box set

Would probably need to get some feedback on how they sound before I would even consider buying this haha. Probably just the CD masters thrown on some vinyl. Although the presentation is very nice.

Picture discs are a great collectors item but they always sound shit. That's because they are not pressed with the same force as a normal vinyl. When a picture disc get's pressed, it's 2 thin layers of clear vinyl already in 12" size and printed paper in between getting pressed a little. The normal vinyl is pressed from a ~10inch x 1inch size warm vinyl lump that gets sqeezed into 12" size. Huge difference in sound quality.

Last edited:
Picture discs are a great collectors item but they always sound shit. That's because they are not pressed with the same force as a normal vinyl. When a picture disc get's pressed, it's 2 thin layers of clear vinyl already in 12" size and printed paper in between getting pressed a little. The normal vinyl is pressed from a ~10inch x 1inch size warm vinyl lump that gets sqeezed into 12" size. Huge difference in sound quality.

I feel like there must be a better way of making them.

Guys please stop complaining. When the estate does nothing you complain. And when they do something you complain again. This is the reason why they are not working on stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not complaining. This set looks great.
Who is buying picture discs for the music anyway? :)

Guys please stop complaining. When the estate does nothing you complain. And when they do something you complain again. This is the reason why they are not working on stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like your complaint alarm must be faulty this time.

(No idea why Invincible is blue either)

The cover is white in the individual release. The discs are yellow and blue:
https://www.shopmichaeljackson.com/product/Y4LPMJ015/michael-jackson-invincible-2lp?cp=100598_101209

Y4LPMJ015.jpg

I'm ordering it as soon as I know it's coming from inside the EU.

Credit card can worry about it :D

$175 is indeed a good deal.

But £190 is a little expensive.

UK gets each LP for £21 ($27) whilst USA gets each LP for $19. UK has to pay an extra $8 for each LP.

If you can afford it, it's still a good collectable as once it's sold out, you'll never find it on ebay less then £250 (but most likely over £300).

I think its a fitting release for Michael's 60th. This is his hard work and his gift to the World. I would be very annoyed if there were more remixes. Many other artists have had limited boxsets of records so it's about time one was made for Michael.

I wonder if Universal will do a special release of Michael's Motown stuff. They did a 3-CD set for his 50th.

I'm not sure if my finances would allow me to buy the boxset. But I'll try my best to get the HIStory set.

For collectors this is a great realease, but what's going on with these European prices! $ 175,00 should be arround € 150,00 and about 135,00 GBP and they sell it for € 215 and 195 GBP plus € 33,00 shipping costst, WTF!

Last edited:
Looks amazing, but why is Invincible blue? And why isn't BOTDF included?

Yes but the original Invincible cover is silver. I thought based off the box set picture they'd gone fo the blue cover when the traditional Invincible cover is silver.

I'm sure that is the original cover in that pic. We just see the back of it. I have always seen it as white but yeah it has silver too. :)

Please let us know I'm in the same boat haha

They haven't replied to me today. I'll re-contact them tomorrow.

Edit: They've confirmed if you order from the UK store, they'll ship from the UK store.

Last edited:
But why didn't they include Blood On the Dance Floor?

It feels incomplete...
but really nice effort :)

I'm really debating if I should get this set or not. OTW, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous were all reissued on vinyl the last 2-3 years. Plus I already have Invincible on vinyl. So I would just be getting this for HIStory.

I'm really debating if I should get this set or not. OTW, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous were all reissued on vinyl the last 2-3 years. Plus I already have Invincible on vinyl. So I would just be getting this for HIStory.

You can purchase them separately, so if you only need HIStory, you can just get that one.

They haven't replied to me today. I'll re-contact them tomorrow.

Edit: They've confirmed if you order from the UK store, they'll ship from the UK store.

So would that just be the EU one? I can't find a UK specific store. Maybe I'm just being an idiot.

Back