[NEW] Limited edition picture disc vinyl box set

I really want the History and Invincible vinyls, which I don't have in my vinyl collection. Especially History, which is exceedingly rare to find on vinyl (at least the others are still in print in their original form!)

My wallet is empty, though, so this may have to be a Christmas present. I have a record store (vinyl records) 1 mile from my house, but they aren't listing these items being in stock to preorder. They may not get them in, especially if these aren't readily available in the US.

Last edited:
Is everyone here really getting excited for yet another RE-issue?? I understand that its cool to have the album covers on vinyl but Mj has too much in the vault to constantly year after year re-issue the same things over & over & over & OVER! 1st the originals, then the special editions,then the anniversaries, & don't get me started on greatest hits...& now just re-issues again. Idk about yal but i have damn near 4versions of each album on tapes,cds & vinyls EACH! Smh forgot about the mp3s. Don't get me wrong this is cool but this shouldve been done years ago & done with. Instead of re-issues we need short films REMASTERED. Gaddamn it estate can you please start some real work. All you do is give is the same stuff every year with less & less value or effort put into the project. I'm not complaining by far. I'm fed up with the estate & how they go about ther greatest entertainer in the entire world like he was a 1hit wonder. ??Oh its time to make michael relevant; oh just throw together some famous songs that everyone knows, we'll still get paid??. The craft & hard work he put into everything is just a waste. We're in 2018 with some of the most incredible technology & yet we still have shitty quality shorts. They re-release albums but have thriller 3d locked away & other film gems that are superior to the eye. Why not release the bad doc that mj himself was working on....(the footage spike got on bad 25 with him in the studio pretending to record the album as if they were the actual sessions lol) that was something mj himself was creating but scrapped for whatever reason. Or behind the scenes stuff that he recorded on film, jacksons tours.You wanna give us greatest hits albums how about releasing 'Decade' (1990) with the adult j5 tracks like shamone, LAY IT ON ME!

Last edited:
Is everyone here really getting excited for yet another RE-issue?? I understand that its cool to have the album covers on vinyl but Mj has too much in the vault to constantly year after year re-issue the same things over & over & over & OVER! 1st the originals, then the special editions,then the anniversaries, & don't get me started on greatest hits...& now just re-issues again. Idk about yal but i have damn near 4versions of each album on tapes,cds & vinyls EACH! Smh forgot about the mp3s. Don't get me wrong this is cool but this shouldve been done years ago & done with. Instead of re-issues we need short films REMASTERED. Gaddamn it estate can you please start some real work. All you do is give is the same stuff every year with less & less value or effort put into the project. I'm not complaining by far. I'm fed up with the estate & how they go about ther greatest entertainer in the entire world like he was a 1hit wonder. ??Oh its time to make michael relevant; oh just throw together some famous songs that everyone knows, we'll still get paid??. The craft & hard work he put into everything is just a waste. We're in 2018 with some of the most incredible technology & yet we still have shitty quality shorts. They re-release albums but have thriller 3d locked away & other film gems that are superior to the eye. Why not release the bad doc that mj himself was working on....(the footage spike got on bad 25 with him in the studio pretending to record the album as if they were the actual sessions lol) that was something mj himself was creating but scrapped for whatever reason. Or behind the scenes stuff that he recorded on film, jacksons tours.You wanna give us greatest hits albums how about releasing 'Decade' (1990) with the adult j5 tracks like shamone, LAY IT ON ME!

Yes. It's a lovely vinyl set. It's not for everyone, but I am very excited to get this.

Is everyone here really getting excited for yet another RE-issue?? I understand that its cool to have the album covers on vinyl but Mj has too much in the vault to constantly year after year re-issue the same things over & over & over & OVER! 1st the originals, then the special editions,then the anniversaries, & don't get me started on greatest hits...& now just re-issues again. Idk about yal but i have damn near 4versions of each album on tapes,cds & vinyls EACH! Smh forgot about the mp3s. Don't get me wrong this is cool but this shouldve been done years ago & done with. Instead of re-issues we need short films REMASTERED. Gaddamn it estate can you please start some real work. All you do is give is the same stuff every year with less & less value or effort put into the project. I'm not complaining by far. I'm fed up with the estate & how they go about ther greatest entertainer in the entire world like he was a 1hit wonder. ?🏾Oh its time to make michael relevant; oh just throw together some famous songs that everyone knows, we'll still get paid?🏾. The craft & hard work he put into everything is just a waste. We're in 2018 with some of the most incredible technology & yet we still have shitty quality shorts. They re-release albums but have thriller 3d locked away & other film gems that are superior to the eye. Why not release the bad doc that mj himself was working on....(the footage spike got on bad 25 with him in the studio pretending to record the album as if they were the actual sessions lol) that was something mj himself was creating but scrapped for whatever reason. Or behind the scenes stuff that he recorded on film, jacksons tours.You wanna give us greatest hits albums how about releasing 'Decade' (1990) with the adult j5 tracks like shamone, LAY IT ON ME!

History is out of print on vinyl. Yes, I am excited about that one being reissued. And Invincible has never been issued on picture disc. That will be nice to have.

I don't get excited about any vinyl release. I don't have a record player and don't intend to buy one. There are better ways to listen to these albums than picture vinyl.

One thing I have to say though is that it's very, very clear that MJ did not leave behind a vault full of audio material to be released. It's simply not true. Stop holding out for that because you're just going to disappoint yourself (and probably blame the MJ Estate for it).

I agree there SHOULD be a lot of documentary video material around the place, but finding a way to capitalise on that with a meaningful product that will actually sell could be difficult. Although MJ recorded so much video of his life, we don't know how much of it was properly stored.

As for the music videos, well it's already been discussed at length why it's very expensive for the MJ Estate to update and release them, especially those with special fx added.

I don't believe Dangerous had a picture disc release either, but I'm not 100% sure.

Dangerous had one, sort of. It was a Brazil test print [didn't have Dangerous album on the vinyl]. So yeah, this is also Dangerous' first picture disc pressing too!

No Blood On The Dance Floor? And fans say Invincible is his most ignored album lol. But this does look like an awesome set, and when I get paid from work I'm hoping that I can get a copy

No Blood On The Dance Floor? And fans say Invincible is his most ignored album lol. But this does look like an awesome set, and when I get paid from work I'm hoping that I can get a copy

Invincible is more well known that BOTDF, which only had 5 new songs and was never considered a proper studio album. Not saying it's not a good album, because it is, but that may be why Sony didn't include it.

It would be nice for, sometime down the line, the Michael album to be released on vinyl. But that may be pushing it. It's a very controversial album, and Sony might not want to take the chance.

After conversing with someone over at the new MJ Official store online, if you’re in the UK anything you order should be delivered and dispatched from the UK too. When you go to buy the item at checkout it’ll also give you the delivery service as the Royal Mail which seems legit.

Finally, I may add that anyone hoping to buy the expensive boxset, it’ll be £197.00 after postage fees and the money is taken upon purchase and not dispatch!

This is the studio albums only. I don't see the problem with BOTDF not being included. It's not a studio album.

It should be released separately.

This is the studio albums only. I don't see the problem with BOTDF not being included. It's not a studio album.

It should be released separately.

Agreed.

I would love to see the other 3 albums (BOTDF, Michael, and Xscape) packaged in a separate vinyl box. Either as Picture Discs, or regular discs. Doesn't make a difference, but it would be a nice thought, and I think people would buy it.

I would buy the original versions if I had a player. I'm sure the music sounds better. These are remasters but that doesn't mean better. I might buy HIStory and Invincible if the originals are hard to find.

See all the people complaining about whether people like it or dislike it? Gonna just stop.

My advice to you guys would be, state your own opinion. Don't worry what other people are doing.

It's a joke that there's posts here criticising both the people who are interested in it and posts criticising the people that aren't interested.

Edit: Side note. Bit cheeky that they're taking money for this when it's a pre-order. They should do what the majority of other websites do and charge on shipment.

See all the people complaining about whether people like it or dislike it? Gonna just stop.

My advice to you guys would be, state your own opinion. Don't worry what other people are doing.

It's a joke that there's posts here criticising both the people who are interested in it and posts criticising the people that aren't interested.

Edit: Side note. Bit cheeky that they're taking money for this when it's a pre-order. They should do what the majority of other websites do and charge on shipment.

I tend to find there's a lot of people complaining about the fact people don't have the same opinions as them on this board. It's rather tiring tbh.

Complaining about complaining. You either buy it or don’t.

Love this and have ordered it but for the money i would have really, REALLY liked Blood On The Dance Floor in the collection, thats my only comment.

Other than that, its neat and looks the part!

picture disc records tend to sound worse than normal records....but they look amazing.... i went into my local hmv and the single additions are being released in stages.august, sept, oct ,nov. The history picture disc will be £71.99 according to their computer ....

btp4real;4226935 said:
picture disc records tend to sound worse than normal records....but they look amazing.... i went into my local hmv and the single additions are being released in stages.august, sept, oct ,nov. The history picture disc will be £71.99 according to their computer ....

£72?!?!?!?!!??! What the ****!?

btp4real;4226935 said:

I know that used to be true. I have a picture disc of Heart's "Magazine", and it is inferior to the same album, streaming on Spotify, at 320 KBPS.

However, my copy of Taylor Swift's "reputation", which is pressed on 2 double sided picture discs, sounds amazing. So does my copy of Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster", which is also a picture disc.

I think it depends. Even if HIStory doesn't sound as good as my CD copy, it would be nice to own it on vinyl. Last time I saw a copy on Amazon, it was selling for over $300!

Last edited:
Does anybody else think that it's just a matter of time before we get a Blood On The Dance Floor re-release on vinyl?

I also think that the original HIStory 3-Record set will be re-released, but only in limited numbers.

Of course, this will take a few years.

btp4real;4226935 said:

Exactly the same as the one on the MJ shop? It's not possible they have an exclusive version or anything is it? Possibly with the greatest hits too?

Does anybody else think that it's just a matter of time before we get a Blood On The Dance Floor re-release on vinyl?

I also think that the original HIStory 3-Record set will be re-released, but only in limited numbers.

I really hope so.

Just ordered mine and OUCH the price! Hope they are worth it and the sound is good. I don't have the HIStory vinyl so I'm pretty excited to have the vinyl, even if it's not the original release.

And out of curiosity, do you guys think they will sold out the limited edition quickly?

The picture disc records are now available on amazon.com / amazon.de for pre-order.

The prices are lower than on the official mj store (I just checked amazon.de)

douple LPs on amazon.de: 47€
single LPs: 29€

Seems like there will not be a new Thriller picture disc. Maybe because the picture disc from when Thriller 25 was released is still available.

Don91;4227074 said:
The picture disc records are now available on amazon.com / amazon.de for pre-order.

The prices are lower than on the official mj store (I just checked amazon.de)

douple LPs on amazon.de: 47€
single LPs: 29€

MJ site and Amazon same price for UK fans

I don't know, maybe I'm weird. To me, stuff like that released posthumously is practically worthless. I have the Bad picture LP from way back. And the Invincible picture LP just looks ridiculous to me.
Not as ridiculous as the price though. I remember, before the internet these picture LPs were so hard to find. I remember always wanting to find the Victory picture disc. Oh man, I would have probably traded a kidney for it, when I was a kid lol. I LOVE that album and the cover art is just out of this world. These days, as long as you have the cash, go on eBay and buy whatever you want.
Ok, that's it. Grandpa is done talking about the good old days :D

Back