[NEW] Limited edition picture disc vinyl box set

My local record store just got it in. I went to their website, and bought the albums. The guys down there who run the place already sent me an email, so tomorrow I'm going to go down there and pick them up.

I'll let everyone know what I think of the vinyls. This store is where I bought new vinyl copies of OOW, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous.

And the records were decently priced, I thought, considering they're picture discs and they're double albums.

Are they selling the box too?

Has it been confirmed that there is no Thriller release with these new vinyl?

You can only get Thriller when buying the box set I think.

Edit: That is incorrect. You can buy it individually but maybe only through the MJ shop online?

Are they selling the box too?

Nope, just the individual albums.

I just picked them (History and Invincible) up, and I'm spinning History Continues right now. It sounds good, but there is a slight loss of clarity between this and my CD copy. That may be my imagination, and I haven't tested it, but if that's true, my guess is it's because it's a picture vinyl, as some have said. However, the vinyls are absolutely beautiful looking, and this looks great spinning on my turntable. And the loss of clarity is barely noticeable...the songs still sound crisp.

Last edited:
btp4real;4228115 said:
i had an e-mail yesterday saying that they have lowered the price on this picture disc set to uk fans....its now in line with usa and is £138....they are refunding me £52 as i orginally paid £197....

Do you know if there is also a customs charge (import duty) to pay on receipt in the UK?
I'm not sure if these are being shipped from Europe (no charge) or the USA (I'd expect a charge).

You can only get Thriller when buying the box set I think.

Edit: That is incorrect. You can buy it individually but maybe only through the MJ shop online?

Well it seems that the Thriller picture disc on the MJ shop is the one that was released in 2008 for the Thriller25 anniversary. They must have really over produced that disc in 2008 because you can still easily find it. The Bad 25 picture disc is harder to find and that was released in 2012. When I check Amazon and Barnes and Noble, there is no Thriller picture disc release for 2018 in the USA at least. I'm not sure about overseas.

After comparing the CD and vinyl of HIStory with each other, I think it was my imagination that there was a drop in sound quality. The vinyl sound is actually brighter in places, compared to the CD.

Eric, I hate to keep talking about my record store, but they have in stock, in picture discs, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, History, and Invincible. Off The Wall is just the regular non picture disc. I think the Thriller and Bad PDs may be from 2008 and 2012, but they keep them well stocked and always order copies in when they sell out...and apparently people are buying them, because they get sold out fast. I really wanted to buy History and Invincible before that happened.

innuendo141;4228884 said:
Great! Let us know if you spin them. I see one very bad review for Invincible on Discogs

I don’t think I’ll ever know, I have these on regular vinyl so would probably use them to spin, part of me wants to keep these unplayed and just play the regular releases, I have BOTDF picture vinyl and it’s so distorted now I don’t want the same thing to happen to these

DlcA958XoAAJNuf.jpg

DlcBr7vWwAAMSTe.jpg

DlcCYVVXsAApVSm.jpg

DlcDBxuX0AEJaqY.jpg

DlcD_i2XcAAHvNr.jpg

DlcFApDXsAYWh3W.jpg

DlcGQvFWsAAs-Wf.jpg

https://twitter.com/Pezdann

Thnx for the pics it looks great! Did you guys received a email with a shipping confirmation or did it just arrive? I still haven't heard anything.

Thnx for the pics it looks great! Did you guys received a email with a shipping confirmation or did it just arrive? I still haven't heard anything.

I received an email telling me it had been shipped so hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Mine came today. But I don't want to unwrap it hahahah

What number is everyone? I'm 00674.

Pretty clean sound from these so far. I'm on Bad atm, it sounds decent. Nothing has stood out to me as awful. Just the occasional pop, better than I was expecting from a release like this from the estate lol. Some of my inserts were bent and have creases on them which I'm not very happy about.

Pretty clean sound from these so far. I'm on Bad atm, it sounds decent. Nothing has stood out to me as awful. Just the occasional pop, better than I was expecting from a release like this from the estate lol. Some of my inserts were bent and have creases on them which I'm not very happy about.

Our numbers are so close!

If you're not happy about any aspect you need to get on to them. You've paid a lot of money for the set after all.

Our numbers are so close!

If you're not happy about any aspect you need to get on to them. You've paid a lot of money for the set after all.

They are indeed hahah. I have emailed the store about it but haven't received a response yet, hopefully I can get something done about it.

Going to listen to HIStory soon. I'm curious how it'll sound as it doesn't have the greatest hits section on it.

This looks so cool but I can't continue to line Estate/Sony pockets with their behaviour. Think I will skip this release.

Back