New unseen footage of MJ rehearsing Man In The Mirror from Pensacola 1988

God I'd love to see more footage like this. If this got found a few years ago this forum would have blown up over it.

Great find mate, I remember you did some great research on the Penscola rehearsals when the audio leaked, could that help?

Would anyone be willing to contact ET and see what can be done regarding their footage of the dress rehearsal?

I hate ET, they plain tease us every damn time they can, don't come tell me they don't know what they doing

I would love to see him rehearse bj & beat it in that opening costume

God I'd love to see more footage like this. If this got found a few years ago this forum would have blown up over it.

Great find mate, I remember you did some great research on the Penscola rehearsals when the audio leaked, could that help?
I think the silver shirt is 17th because you can see his white t-shirt have a little tear in the middle of his collar and he is wearing that same t-shirt on the footage of Bad from Bad25 when he high fives Greg Philliganes which has the date of Feb 17th. My theory is that the clips that you see here of him rehearsing MITM is before he did a full dress rehearsal on that same day.

As I’ve said before, I actually believe he did two full dress rehearsals on the 18th. One with a couple of hundred kids in attendance (the sources for this are news articles) and then the full rehearsal that got leaked last year (which would explain why his voice sounds a little hoarse)

Update **

On closer inspection I believe that the new clip of him rehearsing MITM is way earlier than the 17th. To me, it seems like this is one of the first times rehearsing MITM together with the band. There is also a clip from the same day where he rehearses TWYMMF where he says something to the effect of “ I want to try something with the fellas” indicating that it was a rehearsal at the early stages.

Last edited:
There sure is a complete shot of the Penscola rehearsals we wish we could get to see one day

There sure is a complete shot of the Penscola rehearsals we wish we could get to see one day
I don't remember where I read this info, but there's a bulk of 6 tapes of pro-shot Pensacola rehearsals in the vault.

I don't remember where I read this info, but there's a bulk of 6 tapes of pro-shot Pensacola rehearsals in the vault.
Really? Vault as in the estate’s vault or in the vault of some collectors? It’s still quite a miracle that the soundboard popped up out of nowhere. It was never on the radar

Really? Vault as in the estate’s vault or in the vault of some collectors? It’s still quite a miracle that the soundboard popped up out of nowhere. It was never on the radar
The Estate's vault, along with whatever other masters from Nocturne which still exist there.

Back