NFL 2008/09 Playoff Discussion

Prince Of Pop

Proud Member
It's wildcard weekend. Here are the matchups

* Atlanta Falcons Vs Arizona Cardinals
* Indianapolis Colts Vs San Diego Chargers
* Baltimore Ravens Vs Miami Dolphins
* Philadelphia Eagles Vs Minnesota Vikings

Other news going around the league right now...the big shocker today. The Denver Broncos fired long time head coach Mike Shanahan.

Make your picks, discuss.:wild:

Here are my picks

ATL vs ARI- Cardinals have been getting their butts kicked lately. The ONLY reason they are in the playoffs is because the NFC West is a terrible division. Had the Seahawks and Rams actually showed up to play well this season, the Cardinals would not have won that many games. Atlanta is really good, they got a decent QB, and a good runningback. Atlanta wins by 17 and moves on to face New York.

IND Vs SD- SD is only hosting this game because they won the AFC West...another bad division. Indy comes in with a 12 and 4 record, and finished 2nd to the Tennessee Titans. Indy is going to CREAM the Chargers. This could be a 21 point win.

BAL Vs MIA- What a great turnaround for the Dolphins! 1-15 last year, 11 and 5 this year. I think they can win against a tough Baltimore team. 3 point win for the 'Phins.

PHI Vs MIN- This is a tough one for me as I'm a fan of both teams. McNabb has a tendency to crumble under pressure in the playoffs...especially on the road. With Pat Williams back, the Vikings defensive line can stop the run....but Westbrook can also catch the ball, which could be bad. But IMO Adrian Peterson, if he can keep the turnovers down, can run over this Eagle defense. I think the Vikings sneak out a win 31 to 28

Well I picked the Falcons and the Colts and both lost today. It really doesn't bother me though because I actually prefer the teams that did win...I just didn't expect them too. The Falcons are young and will have plenty of time to contend but I am really hoping Warner and the Cards can do big things but I still doubt that. I hope for the Chargers every year and every year (just like my Cowboys) they disappoint me. They won today but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to them.

I have the Ravens over the Dolphins and I pray the Vikings go over the Eagles. Obviously being a Dallas fan motivates me to hate them. I live in Harrisburg and I just naturally can't stand them. The fact that they are in our division, and destroyed us last week really makes me hope they get beat down. But I'm not too sure about that one.

I watched the Baltimore vs. Miami game and I had picked Baltimore to win even though I hadn't seen them play all year.

They won!!! :D

Since the Bears are out of it, I guess I'll just sit around and wait to see who I want to cheer for.

Well I picked 1 winner out of 4 lol. Geez. But I'm happy with two of them getting in it I just didn't expect them to actually pull out a victory.

I had a feeling the Raven's D would win them the game but I didn't think Miami would play that poorly.

Damn..every team I picked LOST! Even my beloved Vikings..damn it! Man we need a QB. Tavaris Jackson is horrible. Can't even get the ball to the receivers. What a joke.

Since my 49ers are not in it this year, I'm going with the Chargers. They are my 2nd favorite team in the league.....the end of that wild card game against the Colts was :wild: :lol:

My Super Bowl pick is now the Eagles (even though they beat my Vikings, they still are my 2nd fav team) and the Titans or Chargers.

Back