Off The Wall Doc any good?

MJBT

Proud Member
I've been ill recently awaiting to get out again and now OTW is out with the new doc by spike lee.

Anyone that has seen is it as good as BAD 25?

I haven't seen bad 25 but the OTW doc was amazing!:clap:
My only complaint was that it could've been longer so that each song could've been elucidated on more.:yes:

I haven't seen bad 25 but the OTW doc was amazing!:clap:
My only complaint was that it could've been longer so that each song could've been elucidated on more.:yes:

Go see Bad 25!!! There's sooooo much new footage of Michael it's awesome :D

Watch the first half of the documentary - the section that focuses on the Jackson 5 - and turn it off right when the section on Off the Wall begins. The J5 section is quite well done. The Off the Wall section is an utter waste of time.

nevermind what others think. watch it yourself and you will have your own opinion about it

I've been ill recently awaiting to get out again and now OTW is out with the new doc by spike lee.

Anyone that has seen is it as good as BAD 25?

Sorry to hear about that and I'm glad you're getting better! As for the OTW documentary, it is well done and worth viewing it COMPLETELY. My personal preference between the two docs is Off The Wall, but that's mainly due to it being my favorite album by Mike. Hopefully all of his adult solo albums (released in his lifetime) will get documentaries.

Bad25 better but OTW doc still good... both worth watching for sure!

Watch the first half of the documentary - the section that focuses on the Jackson 5 - and turn it off right when the section on Off the Wall begins. The J5 section is quite well done. The Off the Wall section is an utter waste of time.

Apart from the live footage, I can attest to that last sentence.

To me it's actually the other way around. The real interesting part was the second with the amazing live footage. Anyone turning it off halfways would miss all that (which IMO is the best thing in this docu) and would just get the J5 part which is in each and every MJ documentary, so that to me actually was the less interesting part.

SPOILER ALERT

reader beware

The thing is, the first part starts off as such a great documentary on its own- so much that you forget that its all leading up just to discuss an album. It leaves you wanting the rest of his career to be covered in the same way.

While the OTW section was still good, the documentary/factual beginning was by far the best part. The live footage is amazing though and clearly the highlight of the OTW section, but there wasn't enough said of interest in the OTW section, so much so that I barely remember anything.

I need to watch a second time just to see if I missed anything, but I had to watch Bad 25 again straight away because I thought it was so good.

To me it's actually the other way around. The real interesting part was the second with the amazing live footage. Anyone turning it off halfways would miss all that (which IMO is the best thing in this docu) and would just get the J5 part which is in each and every MJ documentary, so that to me actually was the less interesting part.

I gotta give you that - the biggest highlight of the second half is the live footage. I just personally don't think there's enough to justify sitting through the entire thing. Someone ought to make a compilation on YouTube.

I've only seen it once in bad quality on my girlfriends laptop - it was very enjoyable IMO.

I hope my Blu-Ray arrives tomorrow - then I will see it again - this time with good picture and sound. Think it will make it a bit better too. :)

I really enjoyed it - I did not think much about the first part being better than the last part. - But then again, I've only seen it once.

When I've seen it again I will be able to judge better - but I really enjoyed it the first time around.

Hope you'll get better and be able to watch the doc soon. - And for those of you who haven't seen BAD25 doc - Do it as fast as you can, it's amazing.

Just the opening scene from BAD25 is amazing. - MJ talking about the final product etc. - It's great.

I gotta give you that - the biggest highlight of the second half is the live footage. I just personally don't think there's enough to justify sitting through the entire thing. Someone ought to make a compilation on YouTube.

Someone did, but I can't seem to find it on YT anymore

The Bad25 Era doesn't get enough credit. It was the best release since Invincible. It had everything a fan could ever dream of.

It was enjoyable to watch but I don't think I learned anything new, I liked the people who worked on the album didn't want to be protagonists like they did on Bad 25 and Michael had his say but the true highlight was the live footage specially DSTYGE, I didn't get why they didn't show the full performance. It would have been the right time to release the Triumph Tour on DVD/Blu-ray.

For those of you who can and want to watch the Off the Wall Doc, it will be aired on March the 12th on BBC2 ;)

For those of you who can and want to watch the Off the Wall Doc, it will be aired on March the 12th on BBC2 ;)

Thanks, might actually watch it again then instead of having to dig out my new bluray (immediately put with the collection)

Back