Off The Wall laugh

This may be a dumb question, but why does 'Black or White' have that intro to begin with? I suppose it makes sense with the video, as a little skit or something, but when you listen to the song by itself, it literally makes no sense lol. It provides no context / is not related in anyway to the theme of the rest of the actual song... I don't see it. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would like to know (y)

It has. the whole song was about racism. you can look it up for all the info of the song etc. Michael was an genius. may he r.i.p

It has. the whole song was about racism. you can look it up for all the info of the song etc. Michael was an genius. may he r.i.p
Thats not what he was asking but i can't answer myself because idk either. It doesn't make sense but hey thats mj for ya

This may be a dumb question, but why does 'Black or White' have that intro to begin with? I suppose it makes sense with the video, as a little skit or something, but when you listen to the song by itself, it literally makes no sense lol. It provides no context / is not related in anyway to the theme of the rest of the actual song... I don't see it. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I would like to know (y)
It provides context and it is related to the theme of the rest of the actual, rock song because of the rock music that is heard in that intro.

By keeping the intro also in the actual song, they wanted to show that Michael Jackson (a black artist) was becoming a crossover artist with his music having an appeal also to a mainstream, white and young audience (Andres McKenzie is a white kid in that song's intro on the album).

Back