Open General discussion - Katherine Jackson vs AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT :

It was adressed as the mid june meeting (june 16th) and it was the consquence of Kenny's june 13th or 14th e mail, the one where he said that Murray had not allowed Michael to rehearsal.
That's why I don't believe PG when he says he doesn't remember that e mail.

PG doesn't remember the meeting, he said he only met CM twice : in a meeting 1st week of june and at rehearsals, Phillips doesn't remember a broken vase if I recall corectly, Frank is dead, Michael of course is dead, Murray may or may not testify, and Kai Chase testified PG was there. She said there were PG, RP, Frank, Michael and Murray, that Frank said " I don't care if you have to", that both Michael and Murray were upset, and that a vase was broken.

Thanks bouee I apreciate your detailed knowledge always.

But what I mean with they should address it (again maybe) is more that they better shouldn't just let leave it as it is... it's one point what makes aegs defense look pretty weak (at least yet).

Tygger;3873190 said:
Michael’s insomnia and its treatments do not figure into either the expert’s or AEG’s projections. The projections assume good health as per the coroner’s report.

So we should simply disregard his severe insomnia and just assume he would've done 200+ shows because he just simply needed to work? You can't assume good health when it is now proven he suffered from severe insomnia. AEG's plan was done in 2008 when they had no idea about his insomnia, unlike the Jacksons' projections. I'm sorry but I don't see the jury disregarding this VERY VERY important issue when they consider this matter.

Re cancelling tii, I agree. I also agree with one of your earlier posts about mj being forced into tii because of the perilous state of his debt problems. So an extra $34m being added to his debt by aeg wd have pushed mj way over the edge, there wasn't insurance in place. I believe that's why mj said he was 'fine' when asked by phillips at the 20th meeting and phillips was someone who wd know more than anyone the pressures and consequences on mj if he had said he wasn't 'fine'.

I completely agree. MJ felt he had no way out. He could have easily told the truth to AEG but he did not because he knew the consequences. I mean let's take a step back for a second. what really prevented MJ from telling AEG "I'm very sick. I can't make it to the concerts. I'm going to the hospital instead.". AEG had already spent so much money on MJ including the house he was renting, the production costs, the lawsuits that were settled by AEG on MJ behalf. MJ owed so much money already and the last thing he needed was another gigantic lawsuit from AEG to put a nail in his coffin. can you just imagine the disaster that would follow. I suspect this is what MJ was petrified by and as a result did not want to tell anyone including Ortega that he was sick. because he knew what would happen.

Last edited:
I am quoting the following from a CNN article I just picked up in the news thread. Wondering what you guys make of it. personally her testimony did not help her case. in fact she does come across as almost delusional. but that's just me.

On Monday, Katherine testified that she did not believe her son was responsible for his death. When questioned by AEG lead counsel Marvin Putnam, she "did not remember" if she attended Murray's manslaughter trial and assisted the prosecution in that case.

Katherine also said she did not know that her son used Propofol and that he gave Murray money "because he felt bad for [him] because he didn't have no money--not because he had hired him." Despite the fact that she is “83-year-old and may not remember everything clearly,” Katherine testified that she distinctly remembers that AEG hired Murray--not her son. She had no idea the doctor spent six nights a week at her son's home.

Katherine could not recall if she had a bank account in 2010 and said she was surprised to learn that her son was having financial problems before his death. “I heard that from different people,” she said. “I heard for years that Michael Jackson was broke but he wasn’t.”

She testified she asked the prosecution not to seek money from murray because he had kids and his money should go to his own kids . Yeah right ::smilerolleyes:

More from KJ testimony

On the stand Monday, Katherine Jackson said she knew her son was using prescription pain pills for burns he suffered to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial and for a back injury and said that she figured he would deny any drug abuse because he didn't want her to worry.

"If a child goes out to play and does something real ugly, and a parent asks them about it, he’s gong to deny it,” she said.

FULL COVERAGE: AEG wrongful-death trial

“If you knew your son was gong to deny it, why did you ask him?” Putnam asked

“I’m not answering that question ... because to me it doesn’t make sense," Jackson said.

"I didn't know he was gong to deny it, but he did.”

I can't see how this is helping her case. In fact she's supporting AEG contention that MJ had a history of hiding stuff even from his own family, including the woman who claims to be very close to him.

On the stand Monday, Katherine Jackson said she knew her son was using prescription pain pills for burns he suffered to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial and for a back injury and said that she figured he would deny any drug abuse because he didn't want her to worry.

"If a child goes out to play and does something real ugly, and a parent asks them about it, he’s gong to deny it,” she said.

FULL COVERAGE: AEG wrongful-death trial

“If you knew your son was gong to deny it, why did you ask him?” Putnam asked

“I’m not answering that question ... because to me it doesn’t make sense," Jackson said.

"I didn't know he was gong to deny it, but he did.”

OMG , what a reply , now the jury thinks what other real ugly things your son did and when asked he denied it . I can't believe how clueless and ..... this woman seems

She said she asked prosecutors to drop a $100 million restitution claim against Murray because he has several children.

"His money should go to the children," she said.

----------------

so when in the future Murray writes a book about Michael, you can say to yourself "it's okay, he's feeding his children".

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 7m
Putnam: Did you ever ask MJ about having money problems?
Mrs. Jackson: No, because I didn't believe it. Because he wasn't.
Expand
Putnam: You heard about MJ having money problems?
Mrs. Jackson: I heard for years Michael Jackson was broken and he wasn't
Expand
And Mrs. Jackson asked: "What does this have to do with the death of my son?"
Expand
"They were being offered money under the table, that's what I heard from my son," Mrs. Jackson testified.
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 8m
She also said MJ told her too that people were making deals on his behalf.
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 8m
Mrs. Jackson testified she heard stories about it.

Putnam: Who did you hear that from?
Mrs. Jackson: Just different people
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 9m
"They have been saying it for 15 years," Mrs. Jackson said. "People were taking money from him also, stealing I should say."
Expand
Putnam: Where you aware MJ was having financial difficulties when he passed away?
Mrs. Jackson: Yes, I've heard from some people
Expand
Regarding Michael having money problems, Mrs. Jackson said : "My son made a lot of money, he had people working for him."

Puntman PLEASE just ask her how many deals she and her others sons made on MJ's behalf , how many times they were sued for promising people they would get him to perform , how much money she was offered and took under the table ?

She never believed he had financial problems , of course no caring mom asks her beloved son for a mobile home when he was $ 300 millions in debt unless she convinced herself he was debt free .

She said she asked prosecutors to drop a $100 million restitution claim against Murray because he has several children.

----------------

so when in the future Murray writes a book about Michael, you can say to yourself "it's okay, he's feeding his children".

we all know why she came up with such ridiculous excuse to appear caring and loving , the killer was not paying his kids a penny .However , when she looks at him all she could see her other failures deadbeat sons , they are no better than him . if MJ offered them 150,000 a month to give him propofol they would have done it in a heartbeat

----------------

That was another poor answer from her. not only that she sounds so unconvincing.

Putnam asked again if there was any record of the money MJ gave her. She replied she didn't think she needed to
so, how is she supposed to prove her loss of income as a result of MJ death. With no records of money exchanging hands how is the jury supposed to figure this out? it is certainly not $40 billions.

He also quizzed her at length about a family "intervention" in 2002, when she and various children including Janet and Rebbie went to confront Jackson about his reported drug problems at his Neverland ranch.

But the confrontation came to nothing, she said, after the singer appeared upset when he realized why they were there. "We just saw that he was okay and he was upset, so we didn't talk about it," she said.

seriously, SERIOUSLY ? if that's how you acted and you were his mom , how come you expect AEG to pay you 40 billions for having the exact reaction you had ? at least AEG people did talk

Michael Jackson's mom faces cross examination in death trial
By Alan Duke, CNN
July 22, 2013 -- Updated 0533 GMT (1333 HKT)
Katherine Jackson: Michael's mother, 82, was deposed for nine hours over three days by AEG Live lawyers. As the guardian of her son's three children, she is a plaintiff in the wrongful death lawsuit against the company that promoted Michael Jackson's comeback concerts.

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother faces more questioning Monday from a lawyer for the concert promoter she's suing in her son's death.
Katherine Jackson became "confused and tired" when AEG Live lawyer Marvin Putnam asked her "some pretty complex questions very fast" during his cross examination Friday, her attorney said.
"She was trying to answer the questions the best she could," Jackson lawyer Brian Panish said. "I think maybe she lost her temper a little bit and she tried to restrain herself in a very Christian-like way."
The judge adjourned court two hours early Friday when Jackson told her she needed to rest, but she resumes her testimony in a Los Angeles courtroom Monday morning.

You see that ^^ I knew he would say something like that. Anyone can check back and see how simple those questions were. If she can't understand simple things, and she wants people to believe that she filed this complex case all by herself, and only told her kids after the fact?

They already started hinting that AEG is doing something to confusing her and make her tired. Oh so she had to restrain herself in a very "Christian-like way," so how come she tells so many lies, or is contradictions a better word? Well she need not worry because Putnam will be asking questions s l o w l y today, so let's see what the excuse will be.

Those new tweets did not surprise me. I knew she would not help her case on the stand. The mean reason is not so much age, but that Others embarked on this case and put her name to it. She has No details about the case and who is involved. She shows she knows little about Michael's affairs. She shows she did not understand fully some of the testimony too. Something I noticed about her a long, long, time ago is that she speaks eloquently when someone teaches her what to say. That is why is will not be good in a trial where she has to give testimony and be cross-examined. How could Randy and company put their elderly mother through this I have no idea.

Why didn't Putnam show the real reason for the Neverland "intervention." I hope he has that information.

How could Katherine say: BC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 7m
And Mrs. Jackson asked: "What does this have to do with the death of my son?"

When most of the testimony the plaintiffs brought out had nothing to do with the death of her son.

Last edited:
For a family that was so "close" it always feels like they know nothing about Michael and his life.

Why didn't Putnam show the real reason for the Neverland "intervention." I hope he has that information.

Unless putman brings up witnesses that can testify to that, i see no point in going that route. in any cases, this should not matter because KJ somewhat help AEG more than herself. she claimed she heard MJ was abusing drugs so when she went over he reassured her to be ok. but MJ did the same with AEG and ortega, telling them he was ok.

the jury should not feel any sympathy toward MJ, if he points out that his family were there after his money , that everyone wanted a piece of MJ , the jury would want to punish everyone involved including AEG , keep in mind the jury already heard AEG were infalting the figures he would have made from the concerts in order to convince him to perfom , they were indeed fooling him from day one , that was apparent from the emails presented. If they told him he was going to make only 23 millions out of 50 concerts he would have never agreed .However, they manipulated everything gave him estimations of 100 millions which were all lies .

they are going the route that his family cared much, his staff cared much , AEG cared very much but he was an addict and a very manipulative one who should be held responsible for his choices alone and deserves no sympathy from the jury

Last edited:

She then was asked about an open letter to the media that she signed in 2007 along with several of Michael's siblings. It denied Michael had a drug problem and any history of a family intervention.

"Why would you sign it if it wasn't true?" Putnam asked.

"I wanted (to stop) things that weren't true," she said, appearing confused.

Really?

Putnam also grilled Katherine on the timing of her lawsuit, which was filed a year before Murray's 2011 criminal trial.

"Prior to the trial...did you ever talk to your grandchildren about the fact that Dr. Murray treated Michael Jackson upstairs in a bedroom behind locked doors," Putnam asked.

"No," she replied.

"Mrs. Jackson, you do believe that Dr. Conrad Murray has some responsibility for your son's death, do you not?" he asked.

"Of course," she said.

After Katherine's first day of testimony last Friday, Putnam told the Daily News he believes she was in the same uninformed position as AEG prior to Michael's June 2009 death.

"As Katherine Jackson has now testified, she was in the dark about her son Michael Jackson's decades of drug use and 'closes her ears' whenever someone discloses anything negative about him," he said.

"She doesn't want anyone or anything to disturb her idealized memory of the child she lost," he said. "Who can blame her?"

I honestly think that her testimony was a disaster, not to mention embarrassing.

I think Neverland intervention was for drugs but the 2007 Vegas one was business per Taunya..

^Well he should ask because it would show that here the plaintiff is claiming Michael was a drug addict for decades and AEG should know. Then they claim their did interventions, but in reality the interventions are about tours, so it just brings another blow to their case and I want as many blows as possible. Due to what they did to Michael in this trial. Anyway she is the first Jackson, and more are coming so I can be patient.

Oh Ivy I see you comment about the Vegas one, so let's see what Putnam does there.

This judge amazes me more and more. Usually witnesses who do not want to answer or say they are not going to, are told by the judge that they have to. The judge explains unless you are taking the 5th you have to answer. Why is she allowing Katherine to make such statements and then as the judge does nothing? Katherine should know that this is her case and she needs to answer questions to help her case. Anyway I don't know why I am fussing, since she is in no way helping her case there.

Soundmind what are you saying above there?

^Well he should ask because it would show that here the plaintiff is claiming Michael was a drug addict for decades and AEG should know. Then they claim their did interventions, but in reality the interventions are about tours, so it just brings another blow to their case and I want as many blows as possible. Due to what they did to Michael in this trial. Anyway she is the first Jackson, and more are coming so I can be patient.

Oh Ivy I see you comment about the Vegas one, so let's see what Putnam does there.

This judge amazes me more and more. Usually witnesses who do not want to answer or say they are not going to, are told by the judge that they have to. The judge explains unless you are taking the 5th you have to answer. Why is she allowing Katherine to make such statements and then as the judge does nothing? Katherine should know that this is her case and she needs to answer questions to help her case. Anyway I don't know why I am fussing, since she is in no way helping her case there.

That's there defence , they are heartless bloodsuckers , they did not care one bit , I do hope the jury finds them guilty and award the kids only not Katherine . wishful thinking I know

On Monday, she seemed unfamiliar with some of the details of Michael’s life. She told the court she didn’t know her son's "Dangerous" tour had come to an early ending in 1993 when Elizabeth Taylor flew to Mexico City to take the singer to a rehab program in London.

Katherine Jackson testified that she’d she heard that Taylor had said something about her son going into rehab but didn't seem particularly curious about it.

“Nobody came to me and said anything about it," she said. "My children probably didn’t want me to worry.”

She said she didn't know that her son’s worldwide tour had been cut short. "I don't like to hear bad news," she said.

It's obvious she was clueless about MJ's life. yet she claims to be close to him.

“Nobody came to me and said anything about it," she said. "My children probably didn’t want me to worry.”

exactly , when he was suffering indeed they did not care to tell her ,to ask her to stage an intervention , but when they wanted to tour and needed her help , they informed her , it was OK to make her worry when making money was the purpose .

if she did not ask him about molestation , if she did not ask him about drugs , if she did not ask him about his kids , what were the topics she discussed with him ? what kind of mother does not call her son to check on him after hearing Elizabeth taylor took him to rehab ? what the hell was going on ? this is considered a good mother , really ? it seems she only talked to him to ask him to send her money and pay her bills .

How about this: her temper flares again today. This is good because the jury had an idea of this gently sweet person who was only crying for her son, and too delicate to watch certain photos. Now they are getting a different Katherine who has a temper.

More contradictions: she claims she did not know the dangerous tour was cut short due to Taylor taking Michael to the rehab and suggests that maybe the children wanted to keep things from her because she does not like bad news. Then, she claims AEG should call her to discuss Michael's health. But I thought certain things were kept away from her because she does not like bad news, so why would AEG think she would want to hear this bad news about Michael.

Now it seems AEG should have called baby Michael's mom so she could take care of him.

Look at this: By Jeff Gottlieb
July 22, 2013, 2:52 p.m.
As she moved from the emotion of her earlier testimony to specifics Monday, Michael Jackson's mother come across as a contentious and forgetful 83-year-old who contradicted herself while trying to defend her son.

Good that more people are noticing the contradictions. Wait till the other Jacksons take the stand then we will see more contradictions than ever.

I see Panish is trying to keep that tv interview out. I don't understand what 21st century lawyer takes a case and does not look at tv, twitter, facebook to see what his client said about the case, or even ask the client if any issues that dealt with the case was discussed. He should have collected all Jacksons interviews both verbal and written and examined them. I found out from people who sue insurance companies that the company hires investigators to not only follow you but to check what you are doing on the internet. Their lawyers caution them to not even discuss the case on facebook.

Wait till Panish gets out of the courthouse, then we will hear what he has to say about how Katherine did today. He will be blaming someone.

After this morning's testimony Katherine still expects people to believe filing this case was her idea, Yeap.

She told jurors that AEG's executives should have called her to discuss issues with Jackson's health before his death in June 2009.

Really? They should call the mother of a 50 YEARS OLD MAN to discuss his health issues? I can't imagine jurors will take that seriously, it's just too ridiculous.

if she did not ask him about molestation , if she did not ask him about drugs , if she did not ask him about his kids , what were the topics she discussed with him ? what kind of mother does not call her son to check on him after hearing Elizabeth taylor took him to rehab ? what the hell was going on ? this is considered a good mother , really ? it seems she only talked to him to ask him to send her money and pay her bills .

That explains a lot about why MJ was looking for surrogate families. his family only saw him as an ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back