Open General discussion - Katherine Jackson vs AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIST;3874306 said:
Didn´t Joe woke him up and scare him sometimes? and brought giggly girls to the room Michael was sleeping in as a young boy?
I imagine that can give you difficulties to sleep

MIST, that is so insightful. There were a LOT of issues around the "bed" that ranged from playful (pillow fights with his brothers) to sexual (listening to Jermaine with a "date" in bed in the same room, Joe bringing girls home) to even having meals in bed. So much going on, except much sleeping.

I wonder then if Wass is doing her due diligence attending the trial just in case her client changes his mind and decides to testify. Or, maybe even using the opportunity to get any useful testimony for the appeal. Possible?

some things about appeal

- you cannot introduce new evidence at appeal.

- appeal is when one side argues about legal errors made in the lower court.

in appeal you don't try the case, you are just trying to show that the lower court made a mistake.

for example : Murray's lawyers can argue that Judge Pastor made an error by not allowing Dr. Klein to testify at criminal trial, his lawyer cannot argue that they have new doctors they want to testify.

Furthermore Murray's opening brief was filed April 22, 7 days before this trial started. They filed the reply brief July 11 but by name it's a reply to what DA filed.

The only thing is if Murray becomes successful in his appeal and this is sent back to lower court for another trial, what Murray's lawyer discovers from this case can help them second time around. let me add that this is a big if. Also she might be keeping track of the lawsuit as there was a possibility that Murray could be called to testify- that's the due diligence you mentioned.

Maybe Murray's "nuclear option" is to sing us all another song--"the Little Boy that Santa Forgot" Part 2. :)

Seriously, though, the claim he makes that MJ had "severed relations with ALL family members" is credible and goes with the facts. And he is going to tell us why--I think we already know.

I thought the Jacksons moved to Hayvenhurst when Michael was twelve and he left when he was twenty-nine. Is anyone suggesting Michael had insomnia at twelve years old? I have also heard stories of Michael not sleeping much at Hayvenhurst but, they are often tied to Michael’s creation of Off The Wall and Thriller when he was clearly an adult.

I know of one other site, but I wouldn't go there if it was the last place on earth to view them, I prefer mine unbiased and true.

Last Tear, sites plural. If you do not like one, you can choose another. The tweets are sometimes too confusing or not detailed enough.

I didn't suggest that you fabricated it, just that you were mistaken as the direct came from the Plantiffs.

Thanks.

I honestly don't mean to sound rude, I really don't, but you seem to be enjoying playing some kind of game here, if you know of a law then you can post a link or excerpt of what you are reading. You seem to be enjoying sending other people off to search for what you say exists.

I do not enjoy any of this. It is unnecessarily contentious and I believe it derails the thread and not by my choosing. I previously said no because of the rudeness shown to me yet, it keeps coming up again and again and not by me. I prefer discussing the trial.

I think they are 2 ways of dealing with that : as you say, don't give him an audience, don't create demand . But it's not only us, and Murray makes such a show of himself he might be creating demand on his own His documentary was not successful at all though.

A second way, when the book is out (I heard that info too, that he was writing a book in jail, and I would definietly not be surprised if it was true) is to debunk the story..; which means talking about it and correcting the info.

It's a vicious circle.

Restitution would have been a way of possibly preventing that, even though Murray could have found ways, I agree, as he does now, getting one of his instruments paid instead of him. He has a whole orchestra, so plenty of ways to get someone else to be paid instead of him.

But Katherine was selfish in the sense that the kids maybe could have used it at some point in the future. Now they can't. Less importantly, it's now an argument in favor of AEG- I'm not sure her explanation will fly with the jury, especially if AEG is going for extorsion arguments.

Bouee, I do not see how the doctor creates his own demand. Some of the general public does not care about any Jackson, including Michael. Only some fans seem to be interested in what this doctor has to say and it truly is baffling. He is not trustworthy and was convicted of killing the man this forum is named after and yet some fans will listen to his every word especially when it is a negative word about Michael’s family. Does it matter if it is true or not just as long as it is negative and about the family?

As for debunking the book, why would any fan read it?? However, some fans will and how successful will debunking the book be when his fabrications about Michael’s family will be accepted the same way some fans believed Sullivan’s negative tales about the family but, not the negative tales about Michael? Remember the Vanity Fair article based on Sullivan’s book? That was seen as truth by some fans and some fans looked forward to book because of it. When those fans saw the tales about Michael, well, their tune changed regarding the book.

Was Katherine selfish? Maybe. As far as extortion, Panish did a good job stating the restitution figure did not come from Katherine at all; it came from Michael’s estate. AEG would have to explain why restitution was estimated to be $100M by the estate yet, AEG had Michael only profiting approximately $30M if it is discussed again.

I think it's really weird how you think this is a responsibility of the fans but not his family. Really now?

Serendipity, yes, really.

How about her being completely clueless about her son's issues and not really doing anything when she was told about it, but yet expecting others to have? How do you think the jury will accept this and sn't it exactly what AEG are claiming?

I am unsure if I understand your question. What does Katherine being clueless or not have to do with AEG allegedly hiring the doctor?

Well IMO you are trying too hard to support the plaintiffs' arguments here even if they are quite ridiculous as this one IMO. I don't see how anyone would seriously think that the jury will simply ignore this huge "elephant in the room" which actually prevented him from doing even one concert let alone hundreds of shows and multiple tours. It's not about either side's projections (and especially the plaintiffs) it is about what MJ would have realistically agreed to do. I guess we should just agree to disagree at this point.

Agreed, it will prevent me from repeating that insomnia was not figured into the projections done by AEG and the expert because it was based on good health as per the coroner’s report and Michael completing the History tour despite having insomnia.

I'm happy to report to you that I have found an example in no other than our favorite O.J. Simpson which proves my earlier comment of "determined case by case basis"

so as you can see even if an indirect way of profiting is established, you can get the profits through a fraud claim.

You are welcome ! Now what about sources or example cases for every legal aspect that you claimed? Can you do it? Don't worry if you can't. I'm not holding my breath.

check my post just above yours, I posted the example of stopping indirect profits you asked for.

And I'm curious why do I need to find what you claimed? Why can't you post it yourself? I am able to post sources for everything I claim, it's a respect that I show for everyone reading my "legal information" posts. That's also because they don't need to take my word for it but they can read the sources and make their own conclusions. Why can't you do it too?

Maybe you missed my conversation with Last Tear a few pages back AND misread posts? Last Tear previously posted a link about the Son of Sam law AND Last Tear asked you about indirect profit, not I.

My response, when I discussed it with Last Tear, is below. Alvarez may not fall under this law. She sells whatever information that some fans readily accept unfortunately and pockets the profit. It does NOT go to the doctor’s children. I hope she is caring for the child she has with the doctor but, I would not know. What Alvarez is doing is not fraud so why would anyone file a fraud claim against her?

For the umpteenth time, restitution would NOT stop the doctor from profiting indirectly. I know I will end up repeating that the same way I have to keep repeating “no” to your request whenever you bring it up.

Tygger;3867836 said:
You are referring to the Son of Sam law with that link. It refers to the convict profiting from their crimes directly. Members of family may or may not be covered in California. Nicole Alvarez’ status as the mother of one of the doctor’s children may not be eligible here.

not my job to inform you of anything. It's not like you believe what I say, you are in denial and already made a million excuses about how a restitution would not work so why bother? And there's already a group that has been formed to boycott such book because unlike you those people realize how realistic a book or interviews or recordings (such as released today) is likely.

Ivy, again, you are misreading and being rude. I said if you had this information that a book is inevitable and not hopeful thoughts, to inform fans, not me.

If Katherine had agreed to restitution and Judge Pastor had issued a Restitution Order/Fine which would not expire and would not be dischargeable in bankruptcy, any money Murray makes on the inevitable book deals, paid interviews, etc. would be attached by court order. That may not help the Jacksons fill the family coffers with a serious amount of money, but it handcuffs Murray for the rest of his life and that's something.

Crillon, only if he is paid directly.

I've noticed you are big on sourcing, so I'm curious how you know that Murray's appeal lawyer was a guest of the defense team or which lawyers are helping with Murray's appeal?

See how respectful I was not to post where I saw that? Looks like you got your answer. I hope it explains to you why the doctor’s appeal lawyer is seen at the civil trial with the defense team, conversing with the defense team, and using the defense team’s reserve seats. If others find it to be much ado about nothing, so be it; it has and will remain suspicious to me.

Last edited:
So? he was called a freak before and AEG are only repeating what others said before about him ? that's considered an excuse ? that justifies calling someone you are about to make hundred of millions of a freak ? you dont call someone you admire or respect a freak , period , Nor you justify that by claiming he was called freak by others

You paint the whole AEG staff with wide brush.
AEG did not call him freak. It was 1 person who is accountant to AEG, and that email was supposed to be private. Believe me or not, but there were/are people calling Mike with many names behind of his back or directly on the face.

It was that persons private thought of MJ, just like when I post something about (lets say Randy) and call him nasty names. It is my thought of Randy, I propably wouldn't use those words face-to-face (in Randy's case I would:))
There are people who thought and still thinks Mike was a freak, just go and have a look at any comment section on any tabloids, including CNN. Mike is called freak and other names there, and I suppose this 1 person who works for AEG, privately believes MJ was a freak, he is no different than those other people posting on comment sections.
Or it could be that he has seen the name freak and MJ combination often enough on media and repeated it in his mail without thinking.

You wrote that you don't call someone you admire or respect a freak. This accountant obviously is not fan of Mike's but where does it read that he has to admire or respect MJ? There are many people out there that doesn't admire or respect MJ and that is their right. Just like I call Randy with all sort of names, and I certainly DO NOT admire or respect him.

MJ wasn't going to make him hundreds of millions, he gets his monthly salary, no matter what he thinks of MJ.

Last edited:
I am unsure how Dr. Farshchian testimony supports AEG's defense that they did not allegedly hire the doctor. It is deflection.

Michael most likely did not tell this doctor his whole medical history. However, it does not mean he was secretive as even Dr. Farshchian testified he spoke to Dr. Metzger and to Katherine (who says she does not remember him).

I believe this testimony is unnecessary and I am sorry it is public. However, I am proud of Michael for trying to combat his issues and it shows he did want help which goes against the defense's opening statements.

Last edited:
Dr Farschian did not really help AEG, I don't know what his testimony had to do with the case. I think part of it was aimed at Katherine, to show that she was aware of Michael's problems, contradicting what she said on the stand. How is that going to help them ? I don't get it.
But it also shows that Michael was dealing with his problems, and was not keeping "big dark secrets" from everybody around him.

Last edited:
Maybe Murray's "nuclear option" is to sing us all another song--"the Little Boy that Santa Forgot" Part 2. :)

that's funny :)

my bet for Murray's next cover :

no offence intended, I think OMD's song is great & has a great message, but I couldn't help thinking about it when I heard of this "nuclear" threat.

Seriously, he has no chance for his appeal to succeed , IMO. He's exploiting the situation as much as he can.

Last edited:
@Tygger
I do not enjoy any of this. It is unnecessarily contentious and I believe it derails the thread and not by my choosing. I previously said no because of the rudeness shown to me yet, it keeps coming up again and again and not by me. I prefer discussing the trial.

I don't know how you can say that it's not by your choosing, especially when you are dismissive of laws posted and links provided - and yet do not post any yourself, so unless you expect people to just say, if Tygger says so then it must be!

Best to leave it at that.

Dr Farschian did not really help AEG, I don't know what his testimony had to do with the case. I think part of it was aimed at Katherine, to show that she was aware of Michael's problems, contradicting what she said on the stand. How is that going to help them ? I don't get it.
But it also shows that Michael was dealing with his problems, and was not keeping "big dark secrets" from everybody around him.

This guy just said that Katherine Jackson knew of her son's issues, Monday she said she knew nothing. And you don't see how he helped AEG?

impeachment.

btw are we still on the plaintiffs witnesses or have aeg started

Tomorrow morning, David Fournier, a nurse and anesthetist that treated MJ with Propofol, will take the stand. We hope to see you then!

A littly background info from Ivy's summaries:
KJ tried to get his testimony excluded
Exclude testimony from David Fournier that Michael tried to deceive him during surgery

Fournier is a nurse anesthetist that provided medical treatment to Michael in 1990s and 2000s. Fournier believes on one or two occasions Michael deceived him by not telling him about a “narcan implant” Michael inserted in his body before surgical procedure Fournier was helping with. Fournier states he believes Michael did not intentionally tell him about the “narcan implant” because he knew Fournier wouldn’t have administered him anesthesia if he knew.

Katherine’s lawyers state they expect AEG to introduce this at trial to show that Michael is a liar and tried to deceive a health professional. They want it to be excluded as it is speculative and irrelevant.

allowed (motion denied) - Motion 6 - David Fournier Testimony

- Michael Jackson's history of hiding drug abuse is relevant to the issue of the likelihood that AEG knew Michael Jackson's drug use and if so the extent of the knowledge.

I'm not looking forward his testimony:no:

elusive moonwalker;3874786 said:
impeachment.

btw are we still on the plaintiffs witnesses or have aeg started

Yep, that was very clear one too. AEG started, seemingly they start with going through all MJ's doctors so expect lots of drug talk:angry:

This guy just said that Katherine Jackson knew of her son's issues, Monday she said she knew nothing. And you don't see how he helped AEG?

No, not really. So she lied about that. She knew about some of Michael's problems. How does that help them ?
I gues she will be impeached on other subjects too, more important to this case.
I guess this depo was just technical impeachment. I don't see how the fact that she knew is going to help them.

Impeachment in any form hurts the witness credibility. from what ive seen most of the witnesses and testimony is irrelevent to the actual claims.so kj is no different.but its still about attacking credibility and as aeg had kj down as a % fault they want to show that she knew but did nothing. yet blames aeg for doing the same. do impeaching her inrelation to that is important

thanks bubs. time for me to take a wander ftom this thread till the case is done. ignorance is bliss!

Bubs;3874788 said:
Fournier is a nurse anesthetist that provided medical treatment to Michael in 1990s and 2000s. Fournier believes on one or two occasions Michael deceived him by not telling him about a “narcan implant” Michael inserted in his body before surgical procedure Fournier was helping with. Fournier states he believes Michael did not intentionally tell him about the “narcan implant” because he knew Fournier wouldn’t have administered him anesthesia if he knew.

Apologies if this has already been explained!

So Michael DID have a narclan implant? The Sun newspaper reported it, but I thought the fan community said this was a lie.
Did MJ have the implant or not??

The next time Dr. Farshchian saw Michael was the weekend after he was arrested.
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 14m
Patient can follow up with local physician at this point. Dr. Farshchian said he thought it was enough, the treatment was done.
Expand
7/2/03 -- patient returned for another implant, sober for almost 9 months, good with 12 step program
Expand
4/3/03: patient returns for another implant, sober for almost 6 months following 12 step program at least once week w/ private social worker
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 16m
1/20/03 -- patient returns for another implant, been sober for more than 2 months, states been following the 12 step program
Weight: 135 lbs
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 16m
12/4/02 record: Narcan implant at its place
Exercised the 12 steps with him

This had me in tears today, 2003 and Michael was doing so well. So unfair.

Katherine actually saw MJ several times between April-June 2009 and she wasn't concerned even though Mike was bone thin and coming and going from Klein's office which was shown daily on TMZ. Mike's fans were concerned about his appearance and they were sending emails to Karen Faye yet Katherine didn't know that MJ was looking bad. Why is it Katherine never knew anything yet she was there?

Yes I remember that time. There were serious concerns that MJ was getting 'drugged up' at Klein's office. For me there were concerns when the TII press conference happened in London - I knew then there was something wrong. Thanks to this trial we know what it was. If we saw drug issues from video clips on TMZ then it should have been apparent to anybody involved in the This Is It production, and it appears that it was from the emails produced in the trial and the conversations discussed. I'm sure AEG knew more than they are letting on, BUT whether they knew or not does not necessarily make them liable for Murray or his actions...

So Michael DID have a narclan implant? The Sun newspaper reported it, but I thought the fan community said this was a lie.

He did according to Dr F medial docs, see LastTear's reply above.

I think it is good thing that fan community doesn't believe straight away what tabloids writes (especially The Sun:puke:).

Last edited:

According to Dr Farshchian, yes, up until 2003 I believe. His testimony is in the news thread.

Sure is nice to see some doctors keep records!

My daily thoughts:)

Meglen: I agree that an artist should go to some of the rehearsals, yes

I do agree with him in some degree as I cannot see shows working if they are not rehearsed. It wasn't like MJ was only going to sing, there was other stuff going on too.
----------
Panish: Do you agree with Randy Phillips that MJ was a bigger artist than Celine Dion, yes or no?
Meglen: I do, myself, personally believe that that is not true

What, get out of here!!!
images

I could just about understand him saying that he think Led Z is bigger because he is a rocker, but Celine (no offence Celine:))
We obviously don't agree with what the term biggest artist means:)
----------------------
"I don't know if I agree there were 525,000 people in the queue," Meglan opined.
"Everybody exaggerates, and when something is hot everyone wants to take it to the moon," Meglen said.

If defense wants to show that everybody in the business exaggerates, they should have used one of their own act, like current tour for Rolling Stones, and tell how many tickets they actually sold to compare reported number. Now they gave the numbers for Live Nation act U2, but that is not believable as it could be taken as business envy or what you call it:)
--------------------------------
"We don't hire doctors, if the artist wants his doctor there, the way we check that out we go to the artist," Meglen said.
"If I'm asking the artist if that's his doctor, that's throughly checking him out," Meglen explained.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
---------------------------------------
The executive said when MJ said "This is It" people thought that was it. But if he went to other cities, this was not it after all.

"These will be my final shows performing in London. "This Is It" really means this is it.
He did indeed leave it open whether he would be performing other places but not in London.
------------------------
Dr. Farshchian said MJ was having an issue with his ankle, he was supposed to performed at Madison Square Garden, had to rehearse. And he had an ankle issue that was more like a sprained ankle that was not healing and he had to continue to dance on it.
Putnam asked if MJ wanted to get off drugs, if that happened at the hotel in a second meeting with the doctor. He said yes.
"He was trying to get off Demerol," Dr. Farshchian said. MJ told him he had a problem with the drug.

I wonder if his ankle was the reason for incident that KF had the feed him bagel to wake him up? F Cascio did write anything about MJ's ankle in his book, I wonder?
---------------------
At that time, Dr. Farshchian said he wasn't following MJ on the media. At that point, to me he was just a regular patient.
Dr Farshchian: When I got to know him I visited him at the hotel, read a little about him on the internet, then realized was ongoing problem

No wonder so many people believes so much crap of MJ if they go to internet and read it there that he has problem with drugs, wth? I wonder if he read it from NY Post?
------------------------------

Dr. Farshchian said it was a 10 hour production to go from Neverland to Miami. MJ said he was going to see a psychologist.
"MJ was very private with everything," Dr. Farshchian said. At the time, he was complaining of insomnia. He was seeing a herbologist for it.

Great to read that MJ sought help for his issues. He did try many things to get rid of his imsomnia, herbalist, Lee suggested something, and if I remember there was some procedures found from Carowood about cleep clinic. Poor MJ:-(
-----------------
Dr. Farshchian said MJ always had trouble sleeping. "To me his insomnia was caused, possibly, you have this area inside the nose called turbinates, if you reduced it's called empty nose syndrome, to me that was the cause of that.
Putnam: Parts of his nose were missing?
Dr. Farshchian: Portions of his nose were take out
Two days later, MJ reported good nights.

What? How he is going to explain MJ suffering insomnia since childhood, did he not have nose then?
Was this doc F the one Cry babe Sullivan interviewed for his foor for fire book? Is he the one who came up with MJ not having a nose?
---------------------
Dr. Farshchian said he converted his garage into a bedroom for MJ. He never treated MJ at the house.

Reminded me of Chandler loony who wanted MJ to convert his garage.
------------------------------------------------
11/04/02 record -- MJ's weight was 128
1/20/03 -- patient returns for another implant, been sober for more than 2 months, states been following the 12 step program
Weight: 135 lbs

As his weight was talked during the trial, it seems that MJ had been rather light weight before, but got his weight up in matter of few months.
-------------------

Last time Dr. Farshchian spoke with Mrs. Jackson was at the funeral. Before he spoke with her at a 2002 Christmas at Neverland. He said he also had a phone call with Mrs. Jackson where she wanted to know about the implants.
Michael called Mrs. Jackson and Dr. Farshchian said he was treating MJ for addiction to Demerol.
Did you understand Mrs. Jackson was concerned about his health?
Dr. Farshchian: Yes, I don't recall the conversation, but once she understood the procedure he said she was happy
Dr. Farshchian: Once at Neverland Michael showed his mother the implant. She was very happy about it.

Tsk tsk Katherine.
FC can testify what Dr F said is true, as he wrote in his book that Dr F was there with his family at christmas.

Last edited:
@Bubs
What? How he is going to explain MJ suffering insomnia since childhood, did he not have nose then?
Was this doc F the one Cry babe Sullivan interviewed for his foor for fire book? Is he the one who came up with MJ not having a nose?

And also in his testimony he said from his records that Michael was sleeping better. I don't know if it was the same doctor, but here he is only referring to the inside of the nose.

This had me in tears today, 2003 and Michael was doing so well. So unfair.

While I was happy to see MJ progress and evidently he tried his best to make himself healthy, but I am deadly against this invasion of MJ privacy. I didn't need to see that information, nor did anyone else except MJ and his doctor.
Now as they are going to parade all MJ doctors on stand, we will be hearing a lots of his private issues. Can you imagine seeing all medical information of you dear family member plasted on media? What about his kids seeing all those reports?
There is no dignity allowed to MJ even he has been gone 4 years, and that makes me so angry to KJ and Randy for trying to squeezy money out of AEG at cost of throwing MJ private issues out there.
I surely hope when AEG start bringing in they witness to testify KJ's life expextancy, her medical reports are plasted from here to China, and Randy's records from mental institution too.

I wanted add that I'm thankful that at least MJ's estate tried to stop it, can't say the same thing about Michael own blood relatives.

Last edited:
^^^^^ I totally agree with you Bubs. This whole trial is unfair to Michael, we should just be celebrating him and his art. I am in no doubt that the Jacksons knew all this when they decided to bring this trial, they absolutely knew Michael would get trashed, and clearly to them it must be a means to an end. - Just waiting for the tabloids to jump on the no nose thing all over again.

No, not really. So she lied about that. She knew about some of Michael's problems. How does that help them ?
I gues she will be impeached on other subjects too, more important to this case.
I guess this depo was just technical impeachment. I don't see how the fact that she knew is going to help them.

It does not help them as you said, the main enemy is MJ not Katherine . If the jury sympathizes with MJ but feels Katherine does not deserve to get paid , they simply could award his kids , so AEG still loses .

AEG's lawyers are doing what Jacksons' lawyers did , contradict themselves , that what happen when your whole case/defence is built on twisting the facts .

When Celin Dion becomes bigger than Michael Jackson you know AEG is plain desperate , just saying

this testimony makes me even more sympathetic to Michael.. he admitted a problem and sought medical help from legitimate doctors. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? and also Katherine spoke to his doctors and saw the implant?? well that means she's not as out of it and forgettable as she portrays right? if she spoke to the doctor and saw the implant she was well aware of his problems and it seems she did nothing to help him?

From what I have picked from Dr Farshchian testimony, the following helps AEG

11/04/02 record -- MJ's weight was 128

"MJ was very private with everything," Dr. Farshchian said.

and

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 7m
Dr. Farshchian: Once at Neverland Michael showed his mother the implant. She was very happy about it.
Expand
Dr. Farshchian: Yes, I don't recall the conversation, but once she understood the procedure he said she was happy
Expand
Did you understand Mrs. Jackson was concerned about his health?
Expand
Last time he spoke with MJ on the phone was in the Winter of 2004. His first impression was that he wanted to get better for the kids' sake.
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 9m
Michael called Mrs. Jackson and Dr. Farshchian said he was treating MJ for addiction to Demerol.
Expand
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 9m
He said he also had a phone call with Mrs. Jackson where she wanted to know about the implants.
Expand

Was Katherine concerned when Mike started to visit Klein again? being as if MJ was trying to stop his demerol addiction in 2003, yet Klein was still giving it to him in 2008-09.. Klein should've been arrested right along with Murray. Why would Klein continue to give MJ meds that he knew he had an addiction to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back