Our thread for Lisa -Marie Presley. - Our Condolences, Love & Prayers to all of her family.

I read today that Lisa's first live performance - promoting her first album - was on Good Morning America and her second (don't know where) was in front of 65,000 people. Apparently, David Bowie saw her do a show in New York and advised her to do smaller shows instead. He said:

" ... pull the reins in, do small clubs and don't let it break your heart ..."

It's a shame she never got the chance to really develop herself as an artist.

"I do like to write nasty songs. It's a useful weapon to have, and it's cathartic as well, because I create art out of anger, something positive out of something negative."

"I have always been a singer/songwriter, and I was pushed in places I didn't want to do, like pop or top forty. I don't belong there."

"Music has always gotten me through life, particularly honest, real music."

"Mostly singing was cathartic, writing was cathartic, therapeutic. I don't think I had a goal, particularly, to sing or put it out there for anybody."

"I'm not doing this to be a pop star. I've had plenty of money and attention. I'm doing it for credibility."

Lisa Marie Presley

I actually came here to post this! Just read it and it's nice to see an article that talks about them without mentioning the allegations. It solely focuses on their relationship and this video. It makes me happy to see. As much as that video isn't a favorite of mine, I do love that it came from a place of intimacy for these two. It captured a time when they were both happy, which is more important than ever.

Lisa Marie working in the fish and chip van in Rotherfield.

2_ac0e08f7-fb81-4c4c-845e-df9c46e29b7ejpeg.jpg

With every post, every picture , piece of music , just all her values..beliefs and the strength she had. .. we get to see the person she really was. IRREPLACEABLE.
its so tragic ...such a loss. 😫 she loved Oscar grouch too. :(
oh you've lost me now! who's oscar grouch?

Back