Paris Jackson Pictures/Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris Jackson, Willed Into Celebrity as the King of Pop’s Daughter, Releases First Album, And It Charts!

by Roger Friedman - <time itemprop="dateCreated" class="entry-date updated" datetime="2020-11-14T10:24:59+00:00">November 14, 2020 10:24 am</time>

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/11/...s-daughter-releases-first-album-and-it-charts

Roger, has a Spotify link on his site. You can listen to Paris's
Wilted LP on his site.

Paris Jackson. To me, she&#8217;s quite a story. She lost her father, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, when she was 11. It wasn&#8217;t too long after that she was standing down her greedy aunts and uncles after they &#8220;kidnapped&#8221; her grandmother. Remember all that? Paris was in charge at an early age.

Her Twitter feed always revealed she was bright, and a quick study. She was burning through her music education, which didn&#8217;t include R&B but focused on grunge, folk, and metal. She didn&#8217;t go to college, but you can tell the world of music was her university. She wanted it. And she wanted to be a celebrity. She didn&#8217;t know it at first, but Paris had a lot of confidence. That&#8217;s what she got from Michael Jackson.

A few months ago Paris released an EP with her boyfriend, called The Soundflowers. It wasn&#8217;t very good but she believed in it. Now she&#8217;s released today her first solo album, &#8220;Wilted,&#8221; after signing with the very hot Republic Records. Somehow she found Andy Hull and the Manchester Orchestra. I don&#8217;t think many people had heard of them. But the collaboration works, however unlikely it would seem. They&#8217;ve made a very listenable, terrific moody pop album. It&#8217;s already number 56 on iTunes. Republic should get a CD out fast. The amazon.com audience will eat it up.
&#8220;Wilted&#8221; has an Enya feel to it, but it&#8217;s more than that. Paris&#8217;s vocals&#8211; she&#8217;s got a voice&#8211; glide over a gossamer cloud of electronics and acoustic guitar. What really helps is that the songs have melodies and hooks, they&#8217;re catchy. You want to play them again. The lead single, &#8220;Let Down,&#8221; is very good. But I liked a few others, the title track and the closing one, &#8220;Another Spring,&#8221; which could be her hit. It&#8217;s got a country folk feel perfect for Adult Contemporary radio, very Cranberries. You can hear her channeling Dolores O&#8217;Riordan. Paris should do a 23 and Me and see if there&#8217;s some Irish in her.

Paris and her brother Prince (we don&#8217;t know about Bigi, formerly Blanket, yet) really inherited a lot from Michael Jackson. They&#8217;ve got his determination, his interest in charity, and in film and music. They will be his legacy far more than moonwalking and dressing up from &#8220;Thriller.&#8221;

Last edited:
Re: Paris Jackson Discussion/Picture Thread Part II

This time, I agree with Roger Friedman, about Paris Jackson's new album: "Wilted".
During this time of Covid-19, it has the comforting ethereal sound my Soul needs to listen to.

Last edited:
I like the album. She sounds nothing like Michael but I think it is really good and I since she has her own style she will not be compared so much to hi or other Jacksons. Regarding Bigi I will be very much surprised if he dosn&#8217;t go into the film business in some way but it may take a few years because I think he is in college now or atleast he was planning to go to college before the pandemic.

Paris's interview is quite revealing. She mentions she looks forward to recording music in many different genres.[/I]

To hear Paris's interview Clink on the link below:

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/15/9351...s-trauma-heartache-and-healing-in-debut-album

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST:
Paris Jackson grew up in a house filled with music.

PARIS JACKSON: Tchaikovsky, Debussy - sometimes we listened to the Top 40. We listened to a lot of blues and soul, R&B, hip-hop, obviously Motown.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: This eclectic soundtrack is, of course, fitting for a member of Motown's Jackson clan and the daughter of Michael Jackson. And now Paris is adding her own voice to the family playlist. Her debut solo album is called "Wilted."
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "LET DOWN")

JACKSON: (Singing) Head hanging down, shredded evening gown, eyes painted black, a tragic paper bag. You were my all, and now I fall to the ground. You hit the wall...

GARCIA-NAVARRO: For the longest time, Paris Jackson did not want to call herself a musician. She struggled after her father Michael's death with depression and self-harm. We asked her about embracing a family legacy.

JACKSON: Well, besides the obvious - fearing being compared to my dad - I don't know. I just - music has always been such a huge part of my life, and it's always been the air I breathe. Most of my musician friends still love making music, but a handful of musician friends kind of started to see it as a job. I always felt that if I ever saw it as a job, I would start to resent it. And if I don't have music, I don't really feel like I have much. So that was a big fear to accept music as my fate.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: But here you are.

JACKSON: Here I am. Yeah.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: (Laughter) I mean, your dad gave you this very broad musical education. Was it hard to find your own voice in that? - because it is very different from the music that your dad did.

JACKSON: Yeah. I don't know. I don't know if I could say that I have found my voice or found my sound because I don't really plan on sticking to this, like, formula, for example. I mean, like, this album is - because it's a concept record, all the songs are very uniform, and they all go together. But, you know, the next projects I work on, I don't plan on sticking with the same sound. I want to explore. I want to experiment. I want to, you know, check out different layers, different textures. I'm really still on that journey of discovery.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "DEAD SEA")
JACKSON: (Singing) So leave my body or take my soul. Yeah, yeah, just be somebody or let me go. What's it going to be? Yeah. I'm trying to find a surface to stand on. What's it going to be? Yeah.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: So tell me about how you created this album. What is that story?

JACKSON: It's a story of love and betrayal and heartbreak, and it goes into a reverse. While it is autobiographical in a sense because I did write it, I do feel as though it was written in a way that is vague enough to where most people can relate to it 'cause everybody's experienced heartbreak. Everyone's experienced betrayal and pain in some form or another, you know?

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "FREIGHT TRAIN")
JACKSON: (Singing) My heart ain't something I can amputate now, now. You broke me all the way down, down, down. My walls are tumbling down.
I don't know. I find it easier to write sadder songs because sadness and pain is more complex, but love is a very simple thing. So the - you know, the harder, more painful songs on the record, I go really in depth. I use a lot of metaphors. You know, it's more poetic.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "FREIGHT TRAIN")

JACKSON: (Singing) All I've got is time and drowning on my mind. You came right in like a freight train. I feel myself going off the tracks again.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: Of course, you're Michael, you know, Jackson's daughter, but wasn't he sort of fiercely protective of your privacy? I remember, you know, so much that - he was very much trying to protect all of his children from the public eye. Did you have to grapple with how you were going to become a public persona?

JACKSON: Yeah. It was pretty difficult for a while because I was just very confused for a long time as to why everyone just can't be happy, why I couldn't please everyone - 'cause I came into the spotlight pretty young. And, like, when I - I was, like, maybe 13 when I first got on social media, so I was just very confused why I couldn't say anything without someone getting upset. So it took a really long time for me to finally get to a point where I'm like, OK, well, can't please everyone. If I go left, I'm wrong. If I go right, I'm wrong. So I might as well just be myself.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "UNDONE")

JACKSON: (Singing) I know you're falling to pieces 'cause you wear your heart on your sleeve.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: Just wondering - if you had to sort of reintroduce herself to people now, what do you want people to know about Paris Jackson today?

JACKSON: I don't know. I'd just say maybe give me a chance first. Try and understand me before you judge me.

JACKSON: (Singing) Can it be all right again? If the sun comes out tomorrow, I don't know where we begin.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: That was Paris Jackson. Her album "Wilted" is out now.
Thank you very much.

JACKSON: Thank you.

JACKSON: (Singing) We are smiling like we used to way back then.

Copyright © 2020 NPR. All rights reserved. Visit our website terms of use and permissions pages at www.npr.org for further information.

Last edited:
Paris Jackson's full interview with FAULT magazine:

u54wDCk.jpg

Photography: Desiree Mattsson

Styling: Rushka Bergman

Some artists are born into greatness, and others have it thrust upon them; Paris Jackson, however, doesn’t care too much for either destiny – preferring instead to carve out her own path in the world of music.

Today Paris releases her debut album, entitled wilted an album steeped in metaphor and fantasy while still preserving its honesty and showcasing Paris’ vulnerability throughout. While Paris’ recent Facebook Docuseries Unfiltered provided a small glimpse into her life, there is no better window into her psyche than those found on album tracks ‘cosmic (wait for me)’, ‘freight train’ and ‘let down’.

We caught up with Paris to discuss her musical journey so far, the album and of course, her FAULTs.

h8JnRHh.jpg

‘cosmic (wait for me)’ feels like a song with a lot of longing behind it. Does exploring these emotions through more metaphorical themes help you to process them better?

Paris Jackson: It’s how I explore all of my emotions, not just when I’m songwriting but in life. Tackling problems in the literal sense can sometimes be even more confusing for me, and so I take a step back from it. I find when I don’t only focus on life in the literal sense, I can better process all my thoughts and emotions.

In Unfiltered you mentioned that you doing indie/folk was surprising to some. Has it been difficult to find your own sense of self – separate from the expectations of others?

Paris Jackson: I think at the very beginning it was challenging, but as time has gone on it’s become easier. I’ve discovered that no matter what I do or what creative decisions I make, I’m going to be disappointing somebody. So I decided if I’m going to disappoint people regardless, I might as well disappoint them while being true to myself. It’s impossible to please everyone, and sometimes you just need to go with what you believe is right for you.

KZPny1m.jpg

You’ve created an album which is open, honest and personal but that also means you open yourself up to critics. Do you ever fear the vulnerability which comes with such an honest project?

Paris Jackson: Sure I understand that aspect of it all; I think that people can critique a lot of things, but you can’t critique how someone feels. If you don’t like the songs or my music, it’s fine; I don’t care. I’m honest about my feelings which is something you can never say is wrong or bad.

Talk me through your inspiration for freight train?

Paris Jackson: It’s written about loss and all the things that happened during that loss. I felt betrayed and alone, and so the song delves into all the feelings which came with that loss.

What’s something you wish journalists would stop asking you?

Paris Jackson: I think sometimes journalists try to dig too far into my personal life or try to dig up information about my family through me. I do understand it, journalists have a job, and they need to go get their story out there and get all the clicks and whatever. We’re all trying to do our jobs and make money the best way we know how so while it’s annoying I can still sympathise with them.

WR9he7Z.jpg

2020 has been a crazy year, what’s something you’ve done to protect your mental health this year?

Paris Jackson: I’m a big advocate for therapy, even if you are quote-unquote “healthy”. Therapy has been a big part of my journey, and I think it’s really important that we raise awareness and remove the stigma of mental health issues.

If you could go back to the beginning of your musical journey and leave yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?

Paris Jackson: If I could go back, I don’t think I’d tell myself anything because I wouldn’t want to take away from my journey. I believe everything that’s happened to me has been part of making me the person I am today. I wouldn’t take away any of that pain I went through because, without it, I wouldn’t be me.

What is your FAULT?

Paris Jackson: Probably the standard downsides to being an Aries, like being stubborn and impulsive, but I’ve also noticed that with experience and growth, any fault can become an asset by adding wisdom. Being stubborn can turn into being assertive and grounded, being impulsive can evolve into being spontaneous.”

egfjKtN.jpg

Nice album. i like eyelids, scorpio rising, wilted, and let down. my favorite is let down. i can see why she call that her baby. nice.

More images from the set of the "Let Down" Music Video:

Paris wearing Alexander McQueen dress in the video:

124946519_909826329553763_6511771827067026884_n.jpg

125098048_139508791249384_1803364231413345566_n.jpg

more BTS photos

125173536_286913765959083_3213364740716370405_n.jpg

125559135_384257186104219_2165018263011300226_n.jpg

124863876_1032653473877866_3892860841951467742_n.jpg

125423419_1005405526639385_8297444928620666724_n.jpg

125355043_508346683458543_5221572884652200842_n.jpg

While i don't agree everything Paris do and say. at the end of the day she's an adult. she still young and have a whole life ahead of her. if she's decides to keep doing music then that's her choice. i'm not comparing her to michael or any of her family members. i'm not sure why people asking her to be like them.

fans need to stop thinking that their idols kids are gonna be like them. and of course she doesn't sound like michael because she her own person and style. but that's her father.

[h=1]Top 40 US Alternative Albums[/h]http://www.itunescharts.net/us/charts/albums/alternative/

It's not really my bag, but I'm pleased she seems to be happy and is finding her own path in life.

Closing this thread now guys, can we all please create new threads for given topics whether her album or photo shoots or interviews etc etc

Thanks
Gaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back