People talk about getting BOTDF vinyl repressings, but nobody ever talks about pressings of Xscape (Deluxe) and Michael-2010. Why is that?

Theresafire

Proud Member
Really, what do you all think are the chances of getting a repressing of BOTDF on vinyl? Or at least pressings of Michael-2010 + Xscape Deluxe?

Because for most people, Michael and Xscape are forgotten albums.

Really, the whole vinyl thing is a gimmick anyway.

Because for most people, Michael and Xscape are forgotten albums.

Really, the whole vinyl thing is a gimmick anyway.
They’re not forgotten, but they are releases that lacks Michael’s input. They aren’t his albums, but albums with his material.

You might want to add: The whole vinyl thing these days. Even so, I’m not sure I would agree.

I prefer to think of BOTDF as an EP. For me the remixed songs are just bonus tracks
Still not an album. Though I guess close enough. I can think of Xscape as the same thing personally. And when it's only 7 Songs, Michael.
Yes, I would love to have a Jason Malachi vynil (sarcasm).
They've removed those songs ages ago.

I think the point being made is that MJ actually worked on BOTDF.
Sure but even if it was just those 5 songs I wouldn't count it as an album. I wouldn't count the 8 Xscape tracks either, even if it was literally just the untouched demoes.

Michael 2010 never had an official vinyl release. It would be cool to have with that painting as a gatefold.

speaking of the Michael album, I absolutely hated the cover art for it , a really cheap and woeful attempt to give off Dangerous vibes.

Michael's eyes look off in the main image too, just a really crap cover.

speaking of the Michael album, I absolutely hated the cover art for it , a really cheap and woeful attempt to give off Dangerous vibes.

Michael's eyes look off in the main image too, just a really crap cover.
It was a painting Michael wanted to buy. They just decided to make it the cover of this album.

Back