Petro Montegos Introduces Michael Jackson Inspired Collection Coming Fall 2013

billyworld99

Proud Member
zijdcclfc0ri3dmzsyme_dl72ejkfbmt4t8yenimkbxeejxnn4zjnz2ss5ku7cxt.jpg

Petro Montegos, an emerging Los Angeles based designer, has introduced his new Fall Collection inspired by the legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

408585_10150499651468670_26432269_n.jpg

With chic laced fabrics and shimmery embellishments, Petro has created a collection that reflects Michael’s elegant style and romantic character. As he studied silhouettes that are currently trending in America, such as studded embellishments on clothing and accessories, he portrays Michael as a futuristic trendsetter. He elaborates on how Michael was rocking this style during his “Beat It” years, as he was always suited up in sequined metallics and flashy accents that have not sparked as trends until now.

petro4.jpg

By listening to his favorite MJ hits and examining footage of the Grammy-award winning pop star, Petro was able to elevate his thoughts onto an entertainer’s level and reach an area he has never reached before. He painted a mental picture of what he believed were Michael’s thoughts as he performed and incorporated that imagery into clothing that would reflect celebrity glamour and the dynamics of pop music. The line focuses on black and white classics in leather, lace, and denim, along with a splash of flashy gold just in time for the holidays.

As a designer, Petro’s current focal point is the forecast of the woman. “The woman is constantly evolving into another image that she wants to be so I accommodate that by not exactly changing her whole wardrobe, but by adding to her collection of classics. I love classics; the basic silhouettes that never go out of season,” he says. He includes this concept into his current line by designing transitional separates and crossover pieces, such as his basic flirt skirt, that we’d describe as eccentric yet versatile. Rather than focusing on bringing back past trends, Petro provides us with a daring, futuristic twist to contemporary styles. “She’s outgoing, romantic, center of attention, always glamorous, and entertaining. She’s not afraid to shy away from flashy fashion,” he says about his ideal client.

Through this line, Petro has been able to assimilate Michael’s iconic wardrobe into a line of classy, feminine style, giving millions of women the opportunity to embrace the legendary king of pop through elegant fashion. “I love using Michael as my muse. He brings spark and love for a lot people,” says Petro. We, along with many fans, are looking forward to the launch of this new line and the Michael Jackson themed fashion show that will be announced just in time for the pop star’s birthday on August 29th,

Petro, who obtains a degree in fashion design from Bauder Fashion College, has been working in the music industry for over ten years now and has worked with a variety of R&B artists, including Ne-Yo, Teddy Riley, and even Joe Jackson (Michael Jackson’s father). Other than working on launching his Fall collection, he is currently working on building his brand and developing a strategic plan that will allow him to enter the international marketplace, and someday follow the footsteps of his all-time favorite designer, Valentino.

©2013 The Los Angeles Fashion

http://www.thelosangelesfashion.com...jackson-inspired-collection-coming-fall-2013/

It is good to read a piece on Michael's influence on current dress designers. I see this guy's name is like mine. She’s not afraid to shy away from flashy fashion,” he says about his ideal client-- I wonder if he knew he was talking about me? I would like to see this in color. Hopefully the prices on his creations are not too expensive, but since he talks about wanting to be like Valentino, I guess we are talking about high price clothes here.

I thought the estate would do something in the clothing line before others beat them to it.

Back