Planned music video for "Chicago Nights"?

issabreakofdawn

Proud Member
I was going through my city's newspaper archives and found this?
Screenshot-2023-09-01-at-7-38-29-PM.png

ENTERTAIN, Fresno Bee, The (CA), December 6, 1987, pF9
Former Fresnan Douglas Jamgochian has been selected to be one of the 45 dancers to take part in the yet-to-be-released Michael Jackson video "Chicago Nights."
He was selected from 1,000 other dancers. He also has completed working with choreographer Kenny Ortega of "Dirty Dancing" on a music video for Cher. Jamgochian received his early dance training at Severance School of Dance and was a member of the Fresno Ballet and the Jazz Co. Dancers.
Douglas Jamgochian is listed on Wikipedia , His press release photos were also sold on Ebay under the title 1984 Press Photo Fowler dancer Douglas Jamgochian in Fred Astaire dance contest

I am so confused lol

“Chicago Nights” was, if I’m not mistaken, a working title for the “Smooth Criminal” segment of Moonwalker—but that was filmed in spring ‘87.

This is definitely interesting.
You're right my friend, I think it was just a working title for Smooth Criminal, so the title wasn't leaked before the album was released.

Similar to how a few James Bond films have been known as "Shatterhand" till they announce the actual title of the film

Thank you guys! Very interesting though, that this guy made it to the final 45 dancers for a MJ video! I can't find his name in any credits for Moonwalker etc, but I am so interested to know if he ever met MJ (and how was the vetting process for becoming a dancer for MJ)

Back