Post Your Favourite MJ Picture of the Day

90020bac1a8e45d881d5785bd4af7a27.jpg

santa-maria-united-states-us-pop-star-michael-jackson-and-his-father-joe-jackson-leave-santa.jpg

it's so odd. but mature era reminds me of real-life father in a lot of ways. sometimes i see my face in his or my father's face in his. sometimes i feel like michael here IS my father... there is never a day that i don't want to see his encouraging smile, telling me, "you're enough and you can do it!" and making sure i continue to see another day. even Joe looks happy here...

just for a day i want Michael to actually be here and we can do all kinds of father-son stuff. things i never got to do with my actual father... him teaching me to tie a tie, shave, and how to win a girl's heart on a date, all kinds of traditionally masculine things ajkhdsfkjsd. but also, to have all kinds of mature, deeper conversations. and to give me hugs, have us compare hand sizes (to which i would guffaw at the difference in size, as his hands would definitely be bigger than BOTH of my hands COMBINED), poke fun at each other, and just for him to love me just like his own son.., is that so much to ask? (it is. i know, but still.)

santa-maria-united-states-us-pop-star-michael-jackson-and-his-father-joe-jackson-leave-santa.jpg

it's so odd. but mature era reminds me of real-life father in a lot of ways. sometimes i see my face in his or my father's face in his. sometimes i feel like michael here IS my father... there is never a day that i don't want to see his encouraging smile, telling me, "you're enough and you can do it!" and making sure i continue to see another day. even Joe looks happy here...

just for a day i want Michael to actually be here and we can do all kinds of father-son stuff. things i never got to do with my actual father... him teaching me to tie a tie, shave, and how to win a girl's heart on a date, all kinds of traditionally masculine things ajkhdsfkjsd. but also, to have all kinds of mature, deeper conversations. and to give me hugs, have us compare hand sizes (to which i would guffaw at the difference in size, as his hands would definitely be bigger than BOTH of my hands COMBINED), poke fun at each other, and just for him to love me just like his own son.., is that so much to ask? (it is. i know, but still.)
that whole essay is so sweet 🥺 🥺 ❤️

Back