Predict 5 songs that will pick up in popularity after the biopic

I can’t predict how good the film will do at the box office, I certainly don’t expect Bohemian Rhapsody kind of numbers. This somehow became a cultural phenomenon that catapulted Queen to stratospheric heights in popularity, even despite the film in itself being completely forgettable.
But Michael should become a decent success somewhere in the region of movies like Elvis and One Love (Bob Marley). A hit but soon to be forgotten.

What I do expect is a sort of streaming impact that will last for a month and then dies out and that is why I made this thread, to predict which songs will profit the most of the upcoming film.
It may come off as a rather ignorant remark from myself,but how come the "Bohemian Rhapsody" biopic did so well,all the things considered?
Didn't "Rocket Man" enjoy a similar piece of success,moreover?
So why wouldn't the upcoming "Michael" film do so as well,then?What would stop it from doing so,what would you say?(well aside from the allegations obviously,as if that isn't big enough of an issue already,but stil..)
Just curiously asking,don't get me wrong..

It may come off as a rather ignorant remark from myself,but how come the "Bohemian Rhapsody" biopic did so well,all the things considered?
That’s the million dollar question isn’t it? Perhaps it was always meant to be as Mercury and Queen have continued their popularity long after their recording years. Even before the biopic Queen completely dominated all tile audience lists in my country, I can only assume the same applies to other countries. I honestly think they are bigger than The Beatles for a number of years now.
The movie started a new hype, Marvel‘s throne has disappeared in favour of musical biopics. Not only Michael is getting one but also Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and no less than 4 Beatles biopics are in the making.
Didn't "Rocket Man" enjoy a similar piece of success,moreover?
It was successful but not even close to what BR made, BR became a cultural and commercial behemoth.
So why wouldn't the upcoming "Michael" film do so as well,then?What would stop it from doing so,what would you say?(well aside from the allegations obviously,as if that isn't big enough of an issue already,but stil..)
Just curiously asking,don't get me wrong..
I’m mostly just trying to keep my expectations in check. I expect it to reach fame but I really hope it becomes a hype, the talk of the town, the surprise hit of the year. I want it do a lot better than Rocket Man.
But to reach the hype of Mercury’s biopic I don’t know, it is simply unlikely. It almost made a billion at the box office, these kind of numbers only ever come for big franchises like Star Wars, Marvel, avatar or jurassic park etc. To have a biopic among these kinds of films is just a miracle imo.

It’s also all about timing. I don’t know who Michael is up against but if lets say a big franchise film releases the week after Michael then you can forget about astronomical box office numbers. I can’t remember what films BH was up against but I don’t think anyone expected that film to become as popular as it did.

I think that a reworked version of Price of Fame feat. The Weeknd could be a hit
I think that would just make people say "what the hell is going on?"

He wasn't the first black artist on MTV though
Exactly. I thought this was already debunked?

So why wouldn't the upcoming "Michael" film do so as well,then?What would stop it from doing so,what would you say?
Um... Well, there's like a million factors that contribute to whether a film is a success or not. It's whether it's actually a good film, but it's also the actors, it's what competition it has. And the biggest factor of all - it's completely random.

You simply can't predict what film will become a success. It's not as simple as "this film is about somebody who was really famous in the 80s".

The key to this movie doing as well or better than Borap is leaning into the controversy. People want to know about what happened behind the scenes of the allegations and all the weird and wonderful stuff. The Michael Jackson story is infinitely more compelling than Queen and if they dont skirt around the controversy even non-fans will be curious about the movie. I think the movie at least equals Borap.

As for what songs will pick up popularity, the obvious ones will eat - Billie Jean, Man in the Mirror. Id like to see some unexpected gems get some shine - Stranger in Moscow, Who is It.

If there is a good scene attached to elevate it, then any song could pick up in popularity I guess..
Probably Billie Jean, Childhood and Man in The Mirror though lol, although I hope for Another Part of Me

"Billie Jean" is arguably Michael's signature song, even though later in life he admitted growing tired of it. So if they put it in the new biopic, it will probably go huge all over again. I would assume the same would also be true of "Thriller" and "Beat It", since all three songs pretty much defined Michael as a powerhouse in 1982.

Back