[ Pretrial Discussion Closed ] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine Jackson lawsuit

I like the way AEG continues to point out that Michael had a relationship with Murray way before they came along.

Because in Mother's initial complaint, she stated that AEG was responsible for bringing Murray into Michael's life, and that's just not true.

I still say that AEG wanted no part of Murray. Not only was he way too expensive, he was making other outrageous demands.

I mean, if AEG wanted Murray so badly, all they had to do was sign that contract and FORCE Michael to sign that contract. You know, since like the Jackson's love to say, AEG controlled Michael's every move. (I'm being sarcastic of course.)

Re: AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine Jackson lawsuit

I thought Katherine told Oprah she didnt know what propofol was. How is it she now knows MJ was given it on previous tours as well??

I don't know why she is lying or what is going on but you are right. She states clearly in Oprah that that was the first time she heard of propofol.
OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): Were you surprised--was that the first time you had heard that he was taking that drug?

KATHERINE JACKSON: Yes. Very first time.

OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): So were you aware, Mrs. Jackson, that he had been taking prescription drugs to help him sleep or to help him feel more balanced or to get through the day? Were you aware of that at all?

KATHERINE JACKSON: No, but remember when he got burnt in the head, and he had been taking those drugs, and it was a long time before I knew he was addicted to them. And I had heard that he had...

OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): So he was addicted to--after the Pepsi burn, he was addicted to drugs, painkillers.

KATHERINE JACKSON: Painkillers. That's exactly what it was.

http://www.mj-777.com/OW_KJTranscript.pdf

Here in the interview, she says that MJ was using pain medication, but that too has since changed for more accommodative to AEG lawsuit. What they say now is that MJ was full blown drug addict, that suit more to their purpose.

I might as well add this bit too, she practically blamed Murray (rightly so), but that changed when AEG suit was filed:
OPRAH WINFREY (HOST): What, if anything, do you want to say to Dr. Conrad Murray?

KATHERINE JACKSON: I've thought of it thousands of times. What would I say to him? Why didn't he take care of my child? Why did he leave the room, you know, and why did he give that to him? And it's very dangerous. "Why did you do it?"

Last edited:

Here in the interview, she says that MJ was using pain medication, but that too has since changed for more accommodative to AEG lawsuit. What they say now is that MJ was full blown drug addict, that suit more to their purpose.

And that's what happens when folks give out interviews. Many, many interviews, wherein AEG has the opportunity to match up their old answers to their NEW answers.

I believe Mother is also on record (another interview) wherein she states that when she was around Michael he was always the same, she saw no difference. Although she never saw anything, she was told "things" by other family members.

In my opinion, those "things" only came about when Michael declined a family members offer to do a concert or some sort of business venture.

Although the family has a long list of folks who put pressure on Michael, none of their names appear on said long list.

I would like to point out that Katherine's current knowledge doesn't mean that she knew about Propofol before Michael's death. These could be information she learned after Michael's death and during current depositions.

The significance of admitting other doctors gave Michael Propofol is that it effectively debunks that Propofol was something Murray / AEG introduced or forced on Michael.

Re: the 20K she claims MJ gave her whenever she saw him.

She said in interviews (I think both Oprah & Pierce Morgan), she didn't see him that often. I would have to watch the clip again but she said she saw him 2/3 times a year or every 3/4 months.

Someone else could confirm.

Re: Propofol and what KJ knew and when.

That is not as important as we all may think...Frank Cascio already put it out in the press that MJ was taking propofol before Murray. she could have gotten that info from there. So 3rd (because Cascio's own story is fishy & suspicious to say the least) or 4th party info is not reliable.

But if they could get that Upstate New York Anesthesiologist ...at least we could get some first hand info on propofol used during History.

LAstly, I can sooooo picture Latoya grilling Paris for information ....

I like the way AEG continues to point out that Michael had a relationship with Murray way before they came along.

Because in Mother's initial complaint, she stated that AEG was responsible for bringing Murray into Michael's life, and that's just not true.

I still say that AEG wanted no part of Murray. Not only was he way too expensive, he was making other outrageous demands.

I mean, if AEG wanted Murray so badly, all they had to do was sign that contract and FORCE Michael to sign that contract. You know, since like the Jackson's love to say, AEG controlled Michael's every move. (I'm being sarcastic of course.)
I find it strange that some fans are supporting the unidentified people who make up the AEG corporation without even knowing who they are and without knowing what kind of moral compass they follow.

I find it strange that some fans are supporting the unidentified people who make up the AEG corporation without even knowing who they are and without knowing what kind of moral compass they follow.

you really know nothing about.
I prefer a balanced approach to this matter.

I would not qualify YOURS as balanced either. None of us know the full story, we are all speculating from official court documents.

One thing for sure, the estate administrators who I trust a lot more than Jacksons & AEG, know more than all of us and they decided AEG had no legal responsibility in MJ's death. Ditto for the criminal justice system. None of AEG's management were charged in contributing to MJ's death.

Just sayin' ...

Last edited:

I would like to point out that Katherine's current knowledge doesn't mean that she knew about Propofol before Michael's death. These could be information she learned after Michael's death and during current depositions.

The significance of admitting other doctors gave Michael Propofol is that it effectively debunks that Propofol was something Murray / AEG introduced or forced on Michael.

I'm gonna go out on a limb,and say she KNEW, because just like you pointed out the importance of knowing about past use of Propofol, Mother's attorneys also knew and would, most likely, have made of record, whether it was after Michael's death that Mother came upon that knowledge.

She could have clearly stated that she knew, BUT came upon that knowledge after Michael's death.

Either way, like you say, it's still a good point on AEG's part.

I guess kjs lawyers arent that bright because it is the family who seem to be helping aeg. kj says she knew about previous diprivan use in order to accuse gongaware yet in the same breath that helps aeg by showing diprivan did not just turn up on the radar when aeg and murray did.

i dont believe for one min kj knew about previous dip use at the time it was happening. did steven hofflin, when he was giving interviews mention such use? he claimed to be speaking for the family in the summer of 09 and or is she just taking such info from rumours and stories post june 09.

i really hope aeg have kept a check of all the numerous stories the family have come out with

Like every one else, I'm just going by the facts as presented in this case, thus far.

Aside from that, Michael was in the business long enough to know about the "moral compass" of the show business crew. I'm sure he knew in advance that he had to swim with SOME sharks in order to get what he wanted. Stop trying to make Michael out to be some little wuss, controlled by anybody who crossed his path.

He certainly didn't get as far as he did by letting folks walk all over him!

And I agree, your fixation with Michael's children is a bit creepy, in my opinion. No offense, but it is type creepy.

Note: There's no information about when Katherine came to that knowledge. It could be very well after Michael's death and after depositions and so on.

She simply admitted that other doctors also given Michael Propofol.

Re: Propofol and what KJ knew and when.

That is not as important as we all may think...Frank Cascio already put it out in the press that MJ was taking propofol before Murray. she could have gotten that info from there. So 3rd (because Cascio's own story is fishy & suspicious to say the least) or 4th party info is not reliable.

But if they could get that Upstate New York Anesthesiologist ...at least we could get some first hand info on propofol used during History.

Well it's not only Frank Cascio. Klein's blaming of Hoefflin introducing Michael to Propofol, the intervention talk from Klein etc. put AEG's focus as back as 1984. Also I would think now it's quite obvious to everyone what was Neil Ratner -an actual anesthesiologist - was doing on tours.

As I pointed out this is not a matter of what Katherine knew and when, it's a matter of it makes it harder - almost impossible - to claim AEG had anything to do with choice of Propofol.

I prefer a balanced approach to this matter.

uhm sorry to say but you don't have a balanced approach. also you might want to take your own advice and not call people murderers without knowing who they really are and their moral compass. It's not like you know anyone from AEG as well and in a position to determine whether they are really evil or not. You came to a conclusion based on your personal opinions, so did everyone else.

Ivy, do you have Katherine's deposition, and do you know what else PPB (poor kids) were asked?
Hopefully AEG went easy on them.

^^Elusive, family themselves bury their own case by giving interviews left and right and not remember what they say.
As far as I'm concern, AEG has some good points there and facts to support their summary judgement.

As to whether K knew about propofol, she might have, as in Oprah interview, she said she was told about MJ's drug use (by whom, no idea), she could have been told propofol too. She is no spring chicken and her boys have been touring long time, just saying.

I don't think that Katherine knew about previous proprofol use anymore than Gongaware did. I also don't think that AEG forced Murray on Michael. If we are being honest with ourselves we all know that Michael insisted on Murray because HE was going to be the one to administer the propofol...and from reading previous documents and hearing testimony from the Murray trial AEG wanted to get a cheaper doc. Murray is the one to balme for Michael death. If by Katherine writing she was aware of Michael's past propofol use that she was writing that down as to say "well I knew about his past use WHY didn't Gongaware".....and I just don't think that is the case here. Katherine on advice of her lawyers was trying to show a "personal" relationship between Michael and Gongaware..like they should of "KNOWN everything that was going on in his life...as "SHE" his mother knew. I think Michael seen Katherine a few times in the last couple of years but I don't think he wanted to because of her always trying to push the "tour with your brothers" talk that she was always trying to force on him. Michael probably just found it easier to avoid all of them near the end. Didnt we hear that the last time Michael was "together:" with the family was in May at a party.?

Last edited:

Agree thunder

how many diff sections of the lawsuit are aeg asking to be thrown out? meaning if the judge doesnt throw out the case entire how many sections are there that he could throw out one by one

strange that so many court hearings over the years are on or around the kids birthdays

I'm sorry to see Paris involved in this. Do the money (which I don't think Katherine will get anyway) justify it in Katherine' eyes?

She said in interviews (I think both Oprah & Pierce Morgan), she didn't see him that often. I would have to watch the clip again but she said she saw him 2/3 times a year or every 3/4 months.

I just remember in piers's interview she said she spoke on the phone with mj once or twice a month in the last year/s. I remember being surprised, i thought it would have been more. I don't remember her saying how often she saw him.

One thing for sure, the estate administrators who I trust a lot more than Jacksons & AEG, know more than all of us and they decided AEG had no legal responsibility in MJ's death.

Also they said they did not want mj;s reputation dragged and his last months to be subjected to the scrutiny of the media like it had been with those aeg email leaks. Fingers crossed this case gets dismissed as i really don't want week after week of testimony all about mj's drug use.

Thanks ivy for the docs and summary.

I'm sorry to see Paris involved in this. Do the money (which I don't think Katherine will get anyway) justify it in Katherine' eyes?

Not so sure about Ms. Katherine, but I'm sure it's justified in the eyes of Randy Jackson. Whom I truly believe is the driving force behind this particular lawsuit.

Katherine has said many different things.. one minute she claimed she had an open door policy at MJ's house and could come unannounced then she says she only saw him once every 3 or 4 months,then she said she went to visit 2 weeks before he passed and then you have Joe saying he told her to go over there but she refused to go and check on him

I think Michael´s mother said she saw Michael 1-2 weeks before he died , he was fine and happy.
Judge Pastor and Murrays defence saw film from this is it rehearsals and didn´t see a tired and exhausted man.
I suppose Michael had his best time in the afternoons,evenings, he must have been more affected by the drugs earlier in the day.
Frank DiLeo saw him and I read he asked Murray to find out what drugs Michael was taking.
I think DiLeo saw Michael earlier in the days and perhaps he saw Michael every day

how many diff sections of the lawsuit are aeg asking to be thrown out? meaning if the judge doesnt throw out the case entire how many sections are there that he could throw out one by one

all or any part. If you check the document you can see that it's called summary judgment or summary adjudication. Summary judgment would be the total dismissal of the case. Summary adjudication would be dismissing one or more parts and keeping others. So it's possible for the judge to dismiss nothing, or dismiss anything ranging from one single part to the whole lawsuit.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing for all involved but it certainly has no place in a deposition, it would be interesting to know in exactly what term KJ made that statement. Would somebody (her lawyer) be guiding her in the statement?

being that statement hurts her case. I wouldnt think an attorney was guiding her during her deposition.
Im not sure they ar eeven allowed to do that. now any of them could have prepared how they would answer
pre deposition. but that doesnt prepare them for all questions that may be asked.

^^^ I have only seen the summary, perhaps there is more to it, or perhaps I am just focussing in because, tbh, it shocked me somewhat.

It's not from her deposition, it's from the written answers.

AEG asked Katherine to admit that other doctors gave Michael Propofol as well and she admitted to it.

As I tried to point out many times, there's nothing that shows when Katherine came to this knowledge. It could be very well long after Michael's death. The significance is that that admittance weakens the argument that AEG forced Michael certain medical care.

Ivy, do you have Katherine's deposition, and do you know what else PPB (poor kids) were asked?
Hopefully AEG went easy on them.

No. AEG don't file any deposition in full. They only file relevant excerpts. I had posted some stuff from Katherine's before. This time almost all depositions are filed under seal - except Kai Chase and Rose Muhammed.

Michael's kids haven't been deposed. They were just sent written questions and provided written answers.

being that statement hurts her case. I wouldnt think an attorney was guiding her during her deposition.
Im not sure they ar eeven allowed to do that. now any of them could have prepared how they would answer
pre deposition. but that doesnt prepare them for all questions that may be asked.

I once had a deposition taken. My lawyer was in the room with me. When I got asked a particularly difficult question, I and my lawyer went into a private room to discuss why I had trouble with that question and how to answer it. I guess we requested time for a conference together and it was allowed. It was a while ago and in a different state.

I want this cased dismissed because I don't want Michael dragged through the mud anymore. His family will do it just as bad as AEG will. They will not protect Michael you just know it now. Even though they should protect him. AEG are no favorites of mine but they didn't kill Michael, Murray did and he is in jail. Michael was a grown man and not a baby.

I don't think Michael would ever tell Katherine about propofol. She will probably said that because she found out after and agreed with the question asked of her. But do I think she turned a blind eye to things? Yes I do. The reason i say this is because it's not just Michael she does that to but to her other kids and her own husband.It's like she ignores or accepts their behavior at times. Also Michael took care of her and the whole family and she knew she was the one he kept in touch with. The whole family knew Katherine was the one connected to Michael. She probably didn't want to bug him or pry too much in his business. I am not saying she is bad person but I get the feeling she doesn't want to see things right in front of her. This family looks at others to blame but never look at anything they do.

The reality is that AEG and the Jacksons looked at Michael like some commodity to make money. AEG is business so they make money and they didn't care about Michael the person or his personal life. His family won't admit or acknowledge that they looked at Michael to make the money and take care of them. But they did and still do. To me no side here is better than the other. At the end of the day they treated Michael the same. Pressuring him and all that. But they didn't give Michael propofol and abandoned him. That was Murray and because of that Michael died.

Last edited:

I'm going to give information about all the documents I got and what they consisted of

Summary Judgment motion filed by AEG Live, Gongaware and Phillips

This is the file in the first post and summary of it is provided.

Redacted declaration

This is the supporting document for the summary judgment motion that consists of 36 exhibits - most of which are redacted and/or sealed. These are the stuff that can be seen from it.

- Katherine Jackson admits that Murray was not the only doctor that was treating Michael in the last few months and weeks of his life.
- Katherine Jackson admits Murray was a licensed doctor.
- Katherine Jackson admitting Michael did not have mental deficiency.
- Katherine Jackson admitting Michael was intelligent.
- Katherine Jackson admitting that Michael received Propofol from other doctors than Murray.

- Michael's kids admitting that Michael said positive things about Murray.
- Michael's kids admitting they did not know Michael was receiving Propofol from Murray.
- Michael's kids admitting that the access to Michael's rooms were restricted for many people but they had access.

- AEG Live saying that the TII deal included Tohme Tohme, Dennis Hawk and Peter Lopez representing Michael.
- Although not clear AEG lists a group of people Murray, Dileo, Gongaware, Phillips, Ortega and Michael Amir Williams as an answer to a question. This might be the people that attended the "riot act" meeting.

- AEG denies telling Michael to stop take any medication, stop to see any doctors. AEG also says they did not tell Michael to take any medication or see any doctor.
- AEG says they never paid Murray.
- AEG denies any knowledge of Propofol.

- LA Coroner gave 1563 pages of documents to the parties.
- LA District Attorney produced 108 discs containing 12,196 pages of their criminal investigation.

- Michael's kids saying they aren't sure when they first met Murray but believed it to be either Bahrain or Las Vegas.
- Michael's kids saying they saw Murray at Las Vegas and started to see him more often after they moved to Carolwood.
- Michael's kids saying they saw IV fluids but thought these were for nutrition.
- Michael's kids saying they spent 2 hours at night and 1 hour before he went to rehearsal with Michael between June 23rd and June 25th. (Note: I think they are trying to say they saw Michael for 2 hours at June 23rd night and 1 hour on June 24th before he went to rehearsal).
- Paris saying Michael once told her to give money to Murray but he refused. Murray refusing to take money from Michael.
- Paris saying Michael was anxious about flying and took medication before he went on a plane.
- Paris saying Michael loved to stay up late and listen to music.
- Paris saying Michael seemed to be nervous and seemed to have a lot on his mind the last month before his death. Michael saying the schedule was too much.
- Paris saying during the week he died Michael's body temperature would go from cold to hot and from hot to cold.
- Paris saying that she discussed Michael's death with Latoya and Latoya saying she would get to the bottom of who killed Michael.
- Paris saying Katherine got some personal items of Michael from Carolwood and also brought Paris clothing of Michael that smelled like him.
- Blanket almost not remembering anything and saying he attended some rehearsals with Michael but don't remember a thing. He remembers Michael wanting TII footage to be 3D.

- Kai Chase stating she was sometimes at the house working for 12 hours a day.
- Kai Chase saying she never went upstairs.
- Kai Chase saying sometimes she wasn't paid on time but Michael Amir told her not to discuss her paycheck with Michael.
- Kai Chase saying Michael Amir telling her Tohme wasn't a nice person.
- Kai Chase saying that she first heard of Murray in April 2009 and first saw him at Carolwood at the first week of April.
- Kai Chase saying she saw Murray carrying oxygen tanks and found it strange.
- Kai Chase saying she never saw Michael to take drugs and never suspected anything.
- Kai Chase saying she didn't know Michael used her name on prescriptions.
- Kai Chase saying she didn't know what Propofol is.

- Katherine Jackson saying Gongaware was on a tour with Michael in the past when a doctor was present and he knew or should have known Murray was administrating drugs nightly to Michael.
- When asked "how do you know AEG demanded Michael to take medications only given to him by Murray", Katherine responding "the people in riot act meeting will testify to that".

- Roselyn Muhammed saying she didn't know any drug use and Michael liked good health. Roselyn saying she didn't suspect any drug use.
- Roselyn saying Grace told her about an intervention but she didn't know when it happened.
- Roselyn saying she didn't know Michael suffered from insomnia.
- Roselyn saying she didn't know what Propofol is
- Roselyn saying one day Michael complained of being cold. Held his hand out for her to feel it and she felt it and it was very cold. She told him to sit in front of the fireplace and she'll get him hot soup. And she brought him back either hot soup or hot tea.

Tim Woolley Declaration

Woolley is the accountant for the TII tour. He basically summarizes his interactions with Murray. He's told my Gongaware to talk to Murray about a contract. He makes the first phone call at May 8, 2009. He says this was a mundane phone call to gather information. He confirms this phone call with an email on May 8th and May 14th as he got no response. Murray responds May 15th asking him to send him a draft of a contract so that Murray's lawyer can take a look over it. May 28th Murray emails Woolley asking for "good faith" salary payment, Woolley refuses this request saying AEG only pays when there's an fully executed agreement. June 4th Murray sends and email asking about how the draft of the contract going on. On June 16th Woolley sends the first draft of contract to Murray. June 19th Murray emails him his revised version of draft of the contract. June 23rd Woolley emails Murray asking some personal details (date of birth etc). June 24th Katie Jorrie emails the third draft to both Murray and Woolley.

Paul Gongaware Declaration

Gongaware saying when they produce a tour they would advance the costs on artists behalf and the artist is responsible for it and pays it back from his/her share. (He makes it sound like the TII deal was a standard deal that they do). He says this gave Michael significant control over the tour staff and he choose those people himself.

Gongaware saying he tried to convince Michael to get a UK physician but he wanted Murray adamantly. Gongaware says he told this request to Phillips and he tried to change Michael's mind as well. So Gongaware says he ultimately agreed to facilitate the contract with Murray at Michael's request. He called Murray late April - early May and Murray asked for $5 Million. Gongaware calls this demand unreasonable and tells it to Michael. Michael counter offers $150,000 a month and Murray agrees.

Gongaware then delegates the contract issue to Woolley who got Katie Jorrie to help. Gongaware says he didn't see the drafts and had no involvement in the contract phase.

Gongaware gets one email on June 14 but the information about the email is redacted.

Gongaware says he met with Murray once (seems to be June meeting) to discuss Michael's nutrition and stamina. Gongaware says Murray told him Michael is in good health and he didn't need anything from AEG. Gongaware states that he didn't supervise Murray's treatment.

Gongaware says Michael asked him to change the tour schedule in April or May and they did so to put more days between performances. Gongaware says Michael did not make any more requests to him and Michael did not ask the tour to be postponed or cancelled.

Gongaware says he never tried to prevent Michael from seeing any doctor, he never told Michael or his doctors what medicine he should or should not take. Gongaware says he never required Michael to take propofol and he didn't have any idea Michael was taking Propofol until he read it reported in the media after Michael's death. Gongaware says he didn't know what Propofol is.

Gongaware says he didn't provide medicine or equipment to Murray. He says Murray only mentioned he might need some medical equipment in London in their first May 2009 phone call but he never told what specific equipment he might need to Gongaware and never asked Gongaware for any equipment.

Gongaware repeats he asked Murray in June 2009 if he needed anything from AEG and he said he did not need anything.

Gongaware says Murray assured him Michael's was in excellent health and Gongaware personally did not see anything to suggest otherwise.

I'll continue later

I wish Michael had gone to the hospital when he was feeling hot/cold like that. I hate Murray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back