Question about Bad tour vocals

The Dangerous Tour still had enough live singing to make up for the lip syncing. If a show is at least 50% live then I'm happy

imo it's years ahead of the Bad Tour. This is my most wanted concert, 90,000 bouncing and Michael is absolutely on fire:

imo it's years ahead of the Bad Tour. This is my most wanted concert, 90,000 bouncing and Michael is absolutely on fire:

The energy dies off the second he stops singing. Such a shame.

Still what a way to start a concert. Never done better. By anyone. Not even himself.

BAD Tour has Another Part Of Me. That alone puts it above the Dangerous Tour for me

The energy dies off the second he stops singing. Such a shame.

Still what a way to start a concert. Never done better. By anyone. Not even himself.

Literally surreal to read this. Idk. Just makes absolutely no sense to me. There's so much more to a concert than 'hurr durr he's not live'.

A Michael Jackson concert is a straight up spectacle. Not some boring dude stood with a guitar in front of a mic for 2 hours.

^That's the point, dude, MJ doesn't even need back up dancers imo and much less an over produced show and the Bad Tour proves that. He should have sung more in the History tour, maybe just Billie Jean and Beat It and it would have been a thousand times better.

^That's the point, dude, MJ doesn't even need back up dancers imo and much less an over produced show and the Bad Tour proves that. He should have sung more in the History tour, maybe just Billie Jean and Beat It and it would have been a thousand times better.

People did not go to see Michael Jackson to see him stand in front of a microphone just so "hur dur he's singing live". The tour damaged his voice and he knew better than to do it again.

Yes on the HIStory tour it was lazy, he should've re-recorded vocals like he did for Scream but it was still a good show regardless. Casuals drum up millions of views on Munich 1997 videos and praise it to the heavens. There will always be contrarians but that's fact.

Hulkamaniac;4283972 said:

I don’t think that would’ve sounded good at all. Listen to Michael try to sing the start of Scream in Brunei. His voice was good that night relative to other HIStory shows. Even though it’s the first song of the night, it sounds very rough. The playback is much better in my opinion.

In my opinion some parts of the history tour was awful. he should of cut that tour. he was sick. he was tired. didn't he even fall off stage?

Casuals drum up millions of views on Munich 1997 videos and praise it to the heavens. There will always be contrarians but that's fact.

Nice one, man...

No, are you serious? Lmao. The Munich '97 videos are the most watched on YouTube because it's literally the most known Michael Jackson concert ever (it's been aired all around the world and not just once like Bucharest, it still gets aired). If more complete Bad Tour, Triumph Tour and Victory tour concerts existed the story would be much different. You can say the same about the 30th Anniversay concert, known by most people but that doesn't mean they're amazing shows.

FACTS.

Last edited:
Nice one, man...

No, are you serious? Lmao. The Munich '97 videos are the most watched on YouTube because it's literally the most known Michael Jackson concert ever (it's been aired all around the world and not just once like Bucharest, it still gets aired). If more complete Bad Tour, Triumph Tour and Victory tour concerts existed the story would be much different. You can say the same about the 30th Anniversay concert, known by most people but that doesn't mean they're amazing shows.

FACTS.

I agree.

I wonder if they filmed the full Wembley concert like that. I hope they release it at some point if they did. Dangerous Tour had better opening but I like Bad Tour more.

Last edited:
Yeah Jam Wembley was insane, can't disagree with that. I'll raise with this.

The atmosphere, the vocals, the dancing, the band, the audience. This right here is MJ at a true peak.

Hulkamaniac;4283981 said:
Nice one, man...

FACTS.

Talk about rattled.. don’t get so upset. The facts are facts. Dreaming of a reality where more Bad shows exist isn’t a fact my friend.

People like Munich. Salty die hards who cry about pre recorded vocals doesn’t change that.

We are microscope level on this. People don’t care like we do.

This is one of my favourite Michael performances despite the lip-sync. This concert needs to be released. I think it's better than Bucharest.

The only reason it has so many views is because for years that was the only show being broadcast or released. In my country Munich never aired. Only Bucharest a handful of times after he passed. It would of made more sense to broadcast Yokohama more imo because it was edited for TV. I can still enjoy the history tour but the amount of playback takes me out of it just because we know how great he could sing. Thriller vocally was best on the first leg of the bad tour hands down.

dam2040;4283988 said:
Talk about rattled.. don’t get so upset. The facts are facts. Dreaming of a reality where more Bad shows exist isn’t a fact my friend.

People like Munich. Salty die hards who cry about pre recorded vocals doesn’t change that.

We are microscope level on this. People don’t care like we do.

Exactly!

This is one of my favourite Michael performances despite the lip-sync. This concert needs to be released. I think it's better than Bucharest.

I don't know if it's filmed a special way or something but it might be my favourite ever video of Michael live. The excitement, the passion, he is on fire, so energetic.. Truly special!

NatureCriminal7896;4283975 said:
In my opinion some parts of the history tour was awful. he should of cut that tour. he was sick. he was tired. didn't he even fall off stage?

dam2040;4283977 said:
What? When?

He fell off (while he was on stage) on two occasions during the HIStory Tour, but this had nothing to do with possible health or tiredness issues.

The first occasion was during the lean of ‘Smooth Criminal’ (in 1996), the second occasion was because of the wet stage where he slipped and almost fell off while chasing the girl in ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ performance (in 1996 again, but in a different show).

Michael Jackson was evidently sick during three HIStory concerts when he was still recovering from his flu (during the 1997 Vienna concert, and during the two 1997 Munich concerts).

The Vienna concert in particular was planned to get cancelled, but just 30 minutes before the start of the show, he decided to perform.

Worst thing about Bucharest was all those damn crowd shots. Thank god for all the leaked Dangerous Tour shows where that's not a problem

The atmosphere, the vocals, the dancing, the band, the audience. This right here is MJ at a true peak.

One of my favs as well.
To be fair though, part of what makes this so great is also how dynamically it's edited.
It was made as a video for the APOM single release so it had to be on point to promote the tour and song.
If you compare this video with other recordings of APOM live where the camera is rather static with less fast edits, it's a little less impressive.

I wish they had made a full BAD concert recording like this putting all the best bits together.

One of my favs as well.
To be fair though, part of what makes this so great is also how dynamically it's edited.
It was made as a video for the APOM single release so it had to be on point to promote the tour and song.
If you compare this video with other recordings of APOM live where the camera is rather static with less fast edits, it's a little less impressive.

I wish they had made a full BAD concert recording like this putting all the best bits together.

Oh I couldn't agree more with you. Even the Dangerous concerts. Compare Oslo or Bremen to Bucharest and it's almost day and night. I'm in the minority within the fanbase that actually loves the way Bucharest is edited with the crowd shot and everything. I too wish that they would release a bad concert that's edited this way.

I don't mind some crowd shots, but Bucharest went overboard with it.

Isn't the original TV version of Bucharest 92 around? Crowd edits were ok in that. I've never watched the later DVD version, but seems it was re-edited to the worse there.

Back