Question about the Bad 25 documentary

MJYT

Proud Member
So I'm rewatching Bad 25 and I noticed something in the IJCSLY segment. Siedah is talking about how she realized that she is gonna sing with Michael and curses, but it's censored. In the rest of the documentary other people and even Siedah curse and it's not censored. Any one know why?

So I'm rewatching Bad 25 and I noticed something in the IJCSLY segment. Siedah is talking about how she realized that she is gonna sing with Michael and curses, but it's censored. In the rest of the documentary other people and even Siedah curse and it's not censored. Any one know why?

It depends on which countries these videos are distributed to.

Some countries are very strict on that matter whereas other countries are looser & thus the level of censorship varies a lot.

Editor could've missed it when they were meant to remove the bleeps.

Alternatively, the part where Siedah got bleeped was part of the doco that aired on TV. The part where others swear but weren't bleeped were only shown on the extended DVD/Blu-ray edition but not aired on TV so they didn't bother to bleep it in the first place.

Like mj_frenzy said, some countries are more stricter than others when it comes to swearing and if there is uncensored swearing, sometimes the programme can not be shown until after a certain hour at night.

I forgot to mention that it has to do also with the specific words that are heard on documentaries. Even in the same country, some of the curses are allowed whereas others are strictly excluded from airplay.

Back