Questions about This is it film and rehearsals

Pollonio

Proud Member
I have questions about the This is it rehearsals and film
- Was You are not alone rehearsed by MJ ?
- Why Stranger is Moscow, Off the Wall medley, Dangerous, Dirty Diana, Will You Be There and Heal the World/We are the world rehearsals were not included in the film ?
- Why did they presented Dirty diana as "not rehearsed" (Kenny Ortega,...) ? We know it's false (it was rehearsed the 23 june, according to the photos released)
- Why the 10th anniversary edition of tve film includes no more new footage, unreleased rehearsals ?

There is no release of the 10th anniversary edition. They did consider it but it was cancelled due Leaving Neverland.
Dirty Diana was not rehearsed from Michael, it was only prepared and maybe band-members rehearsed.

There is no release of the 10th anniversary edition. They did consider it but it was cancelled due Leaving Neverland.
Dirty Diana was not rehearsed from Michael, it was only prepared and maybe band-members rehearsed.

By 10th anniversary i talk about the limited version sell by the Estate in 2009
And Dirty Diana was well rehearsed in the Staples Center :

'Dirty Diana' was not rehearsed properly by Michael Jackson.

It was mainly a band rehearsal when they also rehearsed the visual aspects/theatrics of that performance.

There are more than 100 hours of 'This Is It' rehearsals according to court documents, but this stuff is not going to get a release (for a possible anniversary edition) apparently because it does not portray the singer in a positive light.

'You Are Not Alone' is said to have been briefly rehearsed by Michael Jackson at least one time (on June 6th, 2009), but it is not clear if Michael Jackson was meant to ask for a female fan to come to the stage during that performance.

Also, according to Los Angeles Times, leaked e-mails (from people involved in the production and direction of those 'This Is It' shows) Michael Jackson was going to lip-sync all his up-tempo and energetic songs because he was not fit enough to dance and sing live at the same time.

Listening to the band rehearsal and the snippets we have the Will You Be There rehearsal sounds really beautiful, I hope we get to see it one day.

Everything about “this is it“ screams ”totally unprepared” to me it could have gone both ways, either a disaster or somehow in all its chaos pretty cool concert. It looks like the band and dancers were ready but Michael?

I always wondered if the dancer audition footage was intended for a sorta reality TV series. It sure looked like it.

The prosecutor, judge and Murray's attorneys saw all the additional material. This was at the request of Murray's attorney who was looking for material showing Michael's poor condition. But even he said afterwards that nothing was found (even on his bad days he looked goog) and the judge barred any of it from being shown in the courtroom due to the value the unreleased material has to the Estate and Sony in terms of possible anniversary releases.

Back