Rare Jacksons B-sides from 1989!!

Zack44

Proud Member
I had absolutely no idea about this until just a few minutes ago, but it looks like The Jacksons recorded 3 songs in 1989 that were not included on the actual 2300 Jackson Street album (the one without Marlon and Michael, except for the title track), but as b-sides to the three singles from that album.

The songs are "When I Look at You" (the b-side to the title track) which has Jackie on lead vocals, "Keep Her" (the b-side to "Art Of Madness") which has Jermaine on lead vocals, and "Please Come Back to Me" (the b-side to "Nothin (That Compares to you)") which has Jackie and Jermaine on lead vocals.

These songs are apparently so seldom known that I could only find a Youtube video for one of them!

Fortunately, all three songs can be heard on a Jermaine fan-site via Soundcloud (Though strangely, the direct link to the Soundcloud website says they don't even exist). Here's the link, just scroll down a bit: http://jermainelajaunejackson.com/singer/the-jacksons/2300-jackson-street-1989

If you don't mind listening to The Jacksons without Michael and if you like the new jack swing-style of the 2300 Jackson Street album, give these songs a listen. They're pretty interesting for any fan of the brothers!

Back