Rate The Darkchild Songs

1. Heartbreaker 6/10 - average
2. Xscape (2001) 7/10 - powerful and funky but not much substance, a watered down Dangerous, but still pretty good
3. Threatened 5/10
4. Unbreakable 8/10 - I actually like this, because he puts so much passion into his vocals, real anger and power - plus its an incredibly tight beat/groove
5. We've Had Enough 8/10 - I really like this one too, angry Michael really appeals to me
6. Invincible 6/10 - Good beat and chant, but its 3 similar sounding songs that open the album and this is the joker of the 3
7. Get Your Weight Off Of Me - I will admit, I have not heard it
8. You Rock My World - 9½/10, I really love this, a single but the catchiest song ever, funky and gets stuck in your ear
9. Ride With Me - Haven't heard it
10. Privacy - 3/10 - More filler, don't like it
11. Xscape (remix) - 5/10, much weaker than the original

[…]
6. Invincible 6/10 - Good beat and chant, but its 3 similar sounding songs that open the album and this is the joker of the 3
[…]
Everyone keeps saying this, but it ain’t true. Two of the first three are similar, whereas Heartbreaker is not.

1. You Rock My World 5/5
  2. Escape 5/5
  3. Unbreakable 4/5
  4. Threatened 4/5
  5. We've Had Enough 4/5
  6. Heartbreaker 3/5
  7. Privacy 2/5
  8. Invincible 2/5
I can barely seperate YRMW and Escape (should have been on the album) they're both brilliant and have such a well grafted sound, but they've still got that needed edge to them to stand out.

That is the standard the Darkchild tracks should have stayed at on Invincible and the record would have been more consistent

I still remember that 2 weeks when You Rock My World came out, it was everywhere. Had it been promoted better that would have dominated for a lot longer. A magical time as a fan

Back