Rate the Estate - Rank the Projects from Best to Worst

Hmmm...I'm not going to rate all of them because I haven't personally bought all of them. BUT....

1. Bad25
I was absolutely in love with the Bad25 album, I asked for it for Christmas after I heard it was coming out. Bad is one of my favourite albums EVER, and many of my favourite MJ songs originate from this album.
LOVED IT.

2. Xscape
I thought that this second posthumous album was given the attention it deserved - I love most of the tracks although there are some I don't care for because I know that Michael would not have wanted them released until he felt 100% comfortable with them. I love "Love Never Felt So Good", "A Place With No Name", "Loving You" an "Slave to the Rhythm". The other songs are good but they don't rank as high as these four.
I loved being able to hear the original versions on the deluxe album....his voice is so beautiful and pure.

3. This Is It
When the movie came out I was so excited. I was only 13 and didn't realize that it was probably just a way for money to be made off of him - I just wanted the chance to see Michael perform the year he died and be able to remember him with a smile on his face. When I watch it back now I still enjoy it, but not with as much enthusiasm as I did when it first came out, simply because of the fact that I have matured and come to observe it more critically in terms of why it was made and not just enjoying it for enjoyment's sake.

4. Michael
Again, like TII, when this album came out I was ecstatic. I listen to it now and I can tell that there are some parts of some songs that are not Michael, and that breaks my heart. That being said, I do enjoy a few songs on that album, particularly "Hold My Hand", "Hollywood Tonight", "I Like The Way You Love Me" and "Behind the Mask."

:) I can't wait to pick up the new Off The Wall and to watch the Spike Lee documentary! I've heard good things about it! :)

Back