Reason why Michael's live performances got limited release when he was alive

mjawb2009

Proud Member
I read on here a few years ago that MJ put the right's Fees for his live performances so high that Sony did not want to pay to distribute them on VHS/DVD. I think someone posted that he wanted to keep them private and mysterious. Can anyone shed some light on this and whether it is true or not?

One of the reasons I heard was that Michael wanted people to have the real live experience, and that's something that can't be captured on VHS/DVD. Another reason I heard was that Michael was such a perfectionist that he was never 100% satisfied with whatever concert was picked for release.

But whatever the reason, It's still very frustrating for the fans who never got the chance to see him live. It's a crime that BAD Tour 1988 never got an official HQ release. The Wembley DVD is great, but we could have gotten so much better

I don`t know the reason but it`s crazy he never released stuff....imagine after the bad tour a home release, nearly everyone who went, i bet would of bought that...kerrrrrching....massive sales.....

Crazy...

Back