Reissues

DuranDuran

Proud Member
otj71f.jpg

Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound
$85.00 (4LP + Hardbound Book) / $35.00 (2CD + Hardbound Book)

Bonus 7" limited to the first 500 pre-orders. LP and CD subscribers will get the bonus 7" as part of their subscription.

In the late 1970s, a peculiar sound began bubbling up from the land of 10,000 lakes. Buried beneath 50 solid inches of annual snow, Minneapolis made a Sound quite different than what the pop world foresaw. It issued forth as a slick, black, technologically advanced fusion, poised to storm the charts. Never known for sizable African-American populations, the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul in fact harbored a tight-knit community of musicians working feverishly through the late ’70s and early ’80s toward a radical manipulation of American dance music, coating futuristic funk with the glamorous sheen of guitar rock. Synthetic ebony and ivory met electricity, with sexed-up results sent shockingly across the pop heavens like violet lightning.

On 4 LPs or 2 CDs, Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound—the Numero Group’s breathlessly anticipated 50th mainline release—chronicles the scene’s first steps, false starts, and follow-throughs, sourcing the life’s work of known quantities and shadowy figures alike. In the beginning, there was Purple Haze, whose billing as Haze on two obscure albums left the color purple to their city’s incipient sound. Pepé Willie’s 94 East project gave local prodigy Prince Rogers Nelson an early chance to row along with the crew. From there, the story courses past Jimmy Jam Harris’ extroverted Philly throwback Mind & Matter collective, to Terry Lewis and Flyte Tyme, flamboyant precursor to Morris Day’s The Time.

Unearthing basement demos by Prince’s childhood sidekick/departed bassist André Cymone, plus deep cuts from legend-about-town Alexander O’Neal, Numero 050 gathers relentlessly as the sprawling, nonfiction prequel to Purple Rain’s cultural takeover.

Surpassing 30,000 words, our hardbound, full-color book companion to Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound is a gorgeous, exhaustively detailed, and insight-rich guided tour across two hours of music and a decade of North Star history. Inside, dozens of supporting characters and combos seed clouds for the meteoric rise of a genre formerly known mostly as Prince’s—not to mention unheard product from his top collaborators and fiercest competitors. In game-changing sound and image-rich splendor, Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound clears a crowded stage, ushering in unsung Twin Cities future-funk talent, to bask for a spotlit moment, out of that persistent violet shadow, and to shine.

About the pre-order bonus 45:
Back in 1985, with the Minneapolis Sound at the leading edge of its music culture takeover, David “T.C.” Ellis—an aspiring St. Paul rapper—dedicated his own rhyming-couplet document to the genre’s founding city. Constructed upon a sturdy drum machine and vocoder bedrock, “Twin Cities Rapp” contextualized and outright flattered the movement’s marquee contenders, threading together Prince, André Cymone, the Time and Morris Day, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Sheila E, and sundry other Purple Snow honorees. Originally released as a 12” single by Twin Town Records, Ellis’s electro-rap narrative gets into the grooves of a Numero replica 7”—complete with Minnesota silhouette pic sleeve—be included with the first 500 pre-orders on Numero 050, Purple Snow: Forecasting the Minneapolis Sound, as well as with 2013 LP and CD subscriptions. For all the many strengths of the compendious Purple Snow book, its words almost never rhyme. We’ve left that level of artistry to Minneapolis, to Ellis, and to good old 1985.

Side A:

1. 94 East - "If You See Me"
2. Aura - "Taste Of Love"
3. Herman Jones - "I Love You"
4. Orville Shannon - "Oh Lover"

Side B:

5. Mind & Matter - "I'm Under Your Spell"
6. Haze - "Waiting For The Moment"
7. Prophets Of Peace - "Get It On"
8. Cohesion - "Expense"
9. Mind & Matter - "Sunshine Lady"

Side C:

10. The Lewis Connection - "Higher"
11. Flyte Tyme - "It's The Things That You Do"
12. Herman Jones - "Ladie"
13. Michael A. Dixon and J.O.Y. - "You're All I Need"

Side D:

14. Music, Love & Funk - "Stone Lover"
15. Cohesion - "Cohesion"
16. Haze - "I Do Love My Lady"
17. The Lewis Connection - "Got To Be Something Here"

Side E:

18. Walter Lewis & the Blue Stars - "I Have Love at Home"
19. Flyte Tyme - "I've Got You On My Mind"
20. Quiet Storm - "Can You Deal With It"
21. Steven - "Quick"

Side F:

22. The Stylle Band - "If You Love Me"
23. The Girls - "I've Got My Eyes On You"
24. Sue Ann Carwell - "Should I Or Should I Not?"
25. Alexander O'Neal - "Do You Dare"

Side G:

26. Ronnie Robbins - "Contagious"
27. Alexander O'Neal - "Borrowed Time"
28. Orville Shannon - "One Life To Live"
29. André Cymone - "Somebody Said"

Side H:

30. Walter Lewis & the Blue Stars - "Do It Baby Do It"
31. Rockie Robbins - "Together"
32. Mind & Matter - "No One Else Can Do It To Me Baby"

The Stylle Band ~ If You Love Me
[video=youtube;mRGuMdMJp5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRGuMdMJp5Q[/video]

M_BobDylanCompleteAlbumsCollection630_092513.jpg

Bob Dylan: The Complete Album Collection Vol. 1
Release Date: November 5, 2013

Bob Dylan's career is now over fifty years old and he is evidently looking to add many more based on the title of his new collection, Complete Album Collection, Volume 1.

This massive 47-CD set includes all 35 studio albums, six live albums and a special 2-CD Side Tracks set of rarities. Fourteen of the albums have been remastered for the release and one, 1973's Dylan, is available for the first time on CD.

Also included in the set is a hardcover book with new album-by-album liner notes penned by Clinton Heylin and a new introduction written by Bill Flanagan.

Also being released is a limited edition harmonica-shaped USB stick with all the music in both MP3 and FLAC lossless formats, with a digital version of the hardcover booklet, housed in a deluxe numbered box.

On the digital side, four decade-specific digital album collections, Bob Dylan - The Complete Album Collection - The 60's, The 70's, The 80's and The 90's - 00's, will be released as online downloads. A fifth digital album collection, Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings, the artist's first 8 studio albums in mono, will also be released as downloads. The Mono set will also be released as a 9-CD set.

Studio Albums
Bob Dylan (1962)
The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan (1963)
The Times They Are a-Changin’ (1964)
Another Side of Bob Dylan (1964)
Bringing It All Back Home (1965)
Highway 61 Revisited (1965)
Blonde on Blonde (1966)
John Wesley Harding (1967)
Nashville Skyline (1969)
*Self Portrait (1970)
New Morning (1970)
*Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973)
*Dylan (1973)
Planet Waves (1974)
Blood on the Tracks (1975)
The Basement Tapes (1975)
Desire (1976)
*Street Legal (1978)
Slow Train Coming (1979)
*Saved (1980)
Shot of Love (1981)
Infidels (1983)
*Empire Burlesque (1985)
*Knocked Out Loaded (1986)
*Down in the Groove (1988)
Oh Mercy (1989)
*Under the Red Sky (1990)
*Good as I Been to You (1992)
*World Gone Wrong (1993)
Time Out of Mind (1997)
Love and Theft (2001)
Modern Times (2006)
Together Through Life (2009)
Christmas in the Heart (2009)
Tempest (2012)

Live Albums
Before the Flood (1972)
*Hard Rain (1976)
*Bob Dylan at Budokan (1979)
*Real Live (1984)
Dylan & the Dead (1989)
MTV Unplugged (1995)

Side Tracks
“Baby, I’m in the Mood for You”
“Mixed-Up Confusion”
“Tomorrow Is a Long Time” (live)
“Lay Down Your Weary Tune”
“Percy’s Song”
“I’ll Keep It with Mine”
“Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?”
“Positively 4th Street”
“Jet Pilot”
“I Wanna Be Your Lover”
“I Don’t Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)” (live)
“Visions of Johanna” (live)
“Quinn the Eskimo”
“Watching the River Flow”
“When I Paint My Masterpiece”
“Down in the Flood”
“I Shall Be Released”
“You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere”
“George Jackson” (acoustic version)
“Forever Young”
“You’re a Big Girl Now”
“Up to Me”
“Abandoned Love”
“Isis” (live)
“Romance in Durango” (live)
“Caribbean Wind”
“Heart of Mine” (live)
“Series of Dreams”
“Dignity”
“Things Have Changed”

* = newly remastered for the collection.

MotownProductShot600x400.jpg

Celebrate Motown with the history-making concert and over 14 hours of bonus features in this deluxe box set.

Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever debuted on NBC on May 16, 1983, and became an immediate sensation. The highlight that caused the most talk was Michael Jackson’s world premiere of the moonwalk (aka six seconds that changed the world) but Motown 25 had an abundance of buzzworthy moments—reunions by the Miracles, the Supremes and The Jackson 5; the first battle of the bands between The Temptations andFour Tops; and the hottest comedian in the world at the time, Richard Pryor, as host.

You can now own this once-in-a-lifetime concert with over 14 hours of bonus features! This 6-DVD set features an extended version of the Motown 25 concert, including 20 minutes not seen in the original broadcast and exclusive bonus features including:

• Never-before-seen Marvin Gaye & Stevie Wonder rehearsal footage
  • Roundtable discussions with Smokey Robinson, Otis Williams (The Temptations) and Duke Fakir (Four Tops)
  • Over 25 exclusive interviews with key production members and performers
  • And 9 newly-produced featurettes

You’ll also get your own copy of the Motown 25 program and an exclusive booklet filled with information about the show and artists, production materials, behind-the-scenes photos, and more. Plus, it all comes in a deluxe collector’s box.

https://timelife.com/products/motown-25-yesterday-today-forever

Slim Harpo: Buzzin' The Blues - The Complete Slim Harpo

2it36nl.jpg

Slim Harpo: Buzzin' The Blues - The Complete Slim Harpo 5CD Boxset + BOOK

The complete works of one of the masters of Louisiana 'swamp blues' and 'swamp pop.'
Five CDs containing 142 tracks and a 104 page book with many rare photographs and
illustrations.

CDs 1 and 2 hold all Slim Harpo's Excello label 45s and original album tracks.
CDs 3 and 4 have all the recordings unissued in Harpo's lifetime and all the alternative takes of issued songs.
CD 5 features alive recording made in 1961, one of the very earliest to capture an original and important blues artist in their prime.

There arefour previously unissued live songs and one previously unknown song.

The Monkees - The Complete Series On Blu-ray
Release: January 2016
monkees_email_1.jpeg

• All 58 episodes, newly remastered in stunning HD from the original negatives for the very first time, plus the 1969 TV Special “33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee”
• Bonus material featuring commentaries from all four Monkees, original Kellogg’s Monkees commercials, and more
• The 1968 Monkees film “HEAD” in HD with never-before-seen outtakes
• Unique packaging including a 7” of two previously unreleased TV mixes
• Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets
• Only available at Monkees.com

50 years ago today on September 8, 1965, when producers Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider placed a classified ad in The Hollywood Reporter seeking “4 insane boys,” they had no idea that they were about to unleash Monkee-mania! But that’s exactly what happened the following year when the first episode of “The Monkees” debuted on NBC on September 12, 1966.

On the 50th anniversary of that fateful casting call, Rhino is excited to announce the upcoming release of the entire series (58 episodes) in stunning high-definition Blu-ray for the very first time, painstakingly restored from the newly located original film negatives. The 10-disc Blu-ray collection with also include the 1968 cult-classic “HEAD,” along with many never-before-seen outtakes from the film. It’s the beginning of many surprises planned to celebrate The Monkees’ 50th anniversary in 2016.

While we don't have final package art yet, we will be revealing it soon, along with behind-the-scenes making-of videos and samples of the stunning new transfer vs. the current versions, plus plenty of surprises, like this original TV spo...y 50 years!

Shipping January, THE MONKEES - THE COMPLETE SERIES ON BLU-RAY is now available for pre-order exclusively at Monkees.com. This fan edition is individually numbered and is strictly limited to 10,000 sets – this WILL sell out quickly, so place your pre-order now!
[video=youtube;xgq0RupkXDs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgq0RupkXDs[/video]

Back