Remeber The Time MJ Tribute (in the works)

AmpTrooper

Proud Member
RememberTheTime.jpg

I talked it about this a little bit in one of my posts but i thought it would be cool to make a tread to post on the progress of this project. It is a big project and slowing starting to come together. So, will put updates here as things move forward. I am a one leg drummer. I play on an Alesis DM10 Studio Drum set. It is a great kit and the best thing about it is that I can adjust the sounds so that I have a program for each MJ song so that my drums have the exact same sounds use for the particular songs. Being a one leg drummer has it challenges. Using the electric drum set has also opened up the door for invention. I have invented a way for me to be able to play the bass drum with my left foot (usually played with the right) and I can control the Hi Hat (used with the left foot) without using any feet. That invention works great and brings the full dynamics of drumming back to me. Something that i thought I would never have again.
Now that I am back to drumming I decided I wanted to start a band again. I have been in only 2 different bands my whole life. The first one I was in for about 10 or 11 years. The second one was about a year and right before I lost my leg. So bands are part of my life.
I thought long and hard about the band and what I would want to do. Then, I was looking online to see if the Immortal Tour was going to be around my area anytime soon. It isn't but i did find a cool MJ tribute band that was coming close to my town. I was excited and thought it would be great to take my kids with as they are MJ fans too. But, this band was adults only. I did some research and found that a lot of tribute bands are that way because they play a lot for bars or venues that serve drinks. I thought, well that is it! I have plenty of experience putting on a show and I think with the right group I could put together a great band and a great show!

The goal is to make a performance that makes it so that you don't feel like your watching a tribute band. That your enjoying the show so much that it draws you in and helps you to "Remember The Time". In talking about that with my wife, i thought, WOW! That would be a great name for a tribute band too! So, that is what the name is so far. Probably will stay that way.

I had a bass player in mind that I thought may work out well. He likes a more challenging bass line. Something that keeps moving and requires a high skill set. MJ bass lines are that exactly! He is very excited to get this project underway. If for some reason he decides not to continue I do have another bass player who would like to be a part of this band but, he is looking to move out of the country in about 4 years. But, he could be a great help in getting things started.
So, I put out an add for a guitar player, Keyboard player and the hardest to find a singer. I got a hit for the guitar spot! I think this guy is going to work out great! He has experience in tribute bands, stage performance, Midi sound sampling and recording not to mention guitar! So that is great news. We will all meet up and start working on learning the songs. The guitar player says that with his Midi device we can take our time to find a good keyboard player as he can set the Midi to do the keys for us for now. That way we can get things down while we are looking. The Drums, Bass and Guitar are the key roots to any good band. So it is important that we learn the songs and have them down tight!
Finding a singer is going to be the most challenging and the one thing we are going to have to be very picky about. I am worried more about the sound and the singer being able to hit the notes right. It would be great if he could do the moves as well but, if he can't right off that is surly something we can work on to build him up to be a great performer. We are willing to take our time to do this right. The looks of he singer are not that important. We can actually work with that too. Good MJ outfits and getting the moves and sound right are the most important part.

So, that is where things are at right now. There will be more updates as things progress. Which is very soon!

Remember the Time is going to be having the first official practice next week Wednesday.
We have all talked and we all want the same thing. In short Remember The Time wants to put on a caliber of show that as you sit in the audience we want you to forget that you are watching a tribute band and we want to take you back through the years remember the music and your life. To remember them time of when you and your friends were in the bath room with your heads upside down with 25 cans of hair spray and a teasing comb trying to make the perfect mall bangs! All the while getting everyone together with the MJ tunes blasting through your rad boombox in the back ground while y'all take our first stops out there door to go to your first MJ concert! To Remember the first time MJ walked on to the stage! And that first note he hit! THen Boob! The show starts! Wonderful every step of the way then with the ending just as particular as how it started . \
That is our goal. To make you feel that way again. With non recorded all LIVE music.Real singing. Nothing will be prerecord.

Can't wait to bring you up dates from the practice. Will try to record it if we can
God bless

This is a great project, man. I wish I could do something like this but it's difficult to form a Michael Jackson tribute band in my town. I would have loved to audition as a singer but I am from a faraway land. Anyway, good luck to you and please do post a vid of the performance.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! The guitar player is coming over this week. We are going to work on Beat It and Thriller which I have programed the sounds from the drums used on that in my set so, you cannot tell the difference between my drum set and the drum set used for those two songs. The Guitar player has been in two tribute bands before. So he is going to be VERY valuable in getting this going and guiding us in the right direction.
His last tribute band was a Guns and Roses bad! Interesting because of MJ's use of Slash from GnR. So that works great! I may try to do some recording of our first jam session on my Boombox. So, it my not be the best quality recording but, you should get the idea and here how we sound. More to come!!!

Remember the Time is going to be having the first official practice next week Wednesday.
We have all talked and we all want the same thing. In short Remember The Time wants to put on a caliber of show that as you sit in the audience we want you to forget that you are watching a tribute band and we want to take you back through the years remember the music and your life. To remember them time of when you and your friends were in the bath room with your heads upside down with 25 cans of hair spray and a teasing comb trying to make the perfect mall bangs! All the while getting everyone together with the MJ tunes blasting through your rad boombox in the back ground while y'all take our first stops out there door to go to your first MJ concert! To Remember the first time MJ walked on to the stage! And that first note he hit! THen Boob! The show starts! Wonderful every step of the way then with the ending just as particular as how it started . \
That is our goal. To make you feel that way again. With non recorded all LIVE music.Real singing. Nothing will be prerecord.

Can't wait to bring you up dates from the practice. Will try to record it if we can
God bless

This sounds so exciting. Good luck with your project.

Back