Remember The Time Vs You Rock My World

I love both songs and their videos.

In the video department, Remember The Time is obviously the better choice. It's probably one of the best and most original music videos. You Rock My World on the other hand looks like a first rate fusion of Remember The Time and Smooth Criminal. The only reason it's not original is because MJ did it before :D.

In the music/vocal/production department, although RTT is certainly timeless and, minus the snare, is as modern as the next R&B hit of today, You Rock My World sounds so much better. Everything from the beat to the violins to the bass can not age. It's one of those perfect, glossy songs which never lose their touch.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

You Rock My World is definitely the better song. I can't help but wonder if the difference in the quality of the shortfilms is clouding peoples judgement on the quality of the songs. What I mean is, RTT obviously has a much better video, MJ in his prime, original concept etc. YRMW video really didn't work, MJ was not in his best shape etc.

I think, although the video for You Rock My World is inferior to that of Remember the Time, it is in no case bad. And believe it or not but MJ looked the most Thriller-like in that video/era than in any other era other than Bad.

Back