Researchers Male Dance Moves That Attract Women, MICHAEL related ;)

Still thinking about Michael's dancing. Found this quote on an old thread:

“Michael had charisma. With Michael Jackson, when he moved, it looked like a martial artist to me. He was quicker than other dancers but he didn’t have muscles; he was just quicker and looked more in control of gravity. He looked like a martial arts master so I tried to steal body movement from him; that’s why I imitate Michael Jackson a little bit.”

Link to thread (very short, not much in it):

@turtleneck_sweater

I'm gonna wait and see if this tag works!

Bumping this as part of one of the convos we had about Michael and his dancing. This wasn't so much about individual gestures, though.

The guy I've quoted here makes an interesting point when he talks about Michael somehow controlling gravity. I don't agree with his comment about Michael and muscles. I think he's buying into conventional ideas about muscular bodies. But his basic point is awesome, imo.

@turtleneck_sweater

I'm gonna wait and see if this tag works!

Bumping this as part of one of the convos we had about Michael and his dancing. This wasn't so much about individual gestures, though.

The guy I've quoted here makes an interesting point when he talks about Michael somehow controlling gravity. I don't agree with his comment about Michael and muscles. I think he's buying into conventional ideas about muscular bodies. But his basic point is awesome, imo.
It is very interesting, indeed! I love the comparison! I noticed sharpness, he noticed "controlling gravity". I'd love to see choreographers' analyses of his movements as Im definitely not a dancing expert. And with muscles - it'd be an anomaly if he hadn't had any as a dancer. He just didn't do lots of strength training but mostly cardio, so no progressive overload. If he ate more and did more strength training, he'd quickly gain "traditional" muscle (ITC bicep). We can hit the gym together, Michael. For health and confidence. You won't say silly things about yourself like in the making of Bow ("I wouldn't look good, I have no muscle..."). But if you don't want to, you're perfectly beautiful anyway. Just don't be wrong with yourself. You look amazing and your body is a dancing machine and a magnet for miracles.

oh, we are back on the subject of muscles! If you look at his dance moves, the smoothness of movements, the control, it comes from muscles! Muscles are what controls your movements not bones! He has to have very strong Abs, and of very strong upper leg muscles for all the up and down movements. If you see Come Together / Dirty Diana, it is very clear!

oh, we are back on the subject of muscles!
Kind of. Not really. We were talking about physical gestures and that made me think of gifs of his hand gestures on the signature dance moves thread and then, cannot remember why, I jumped the convo over here. My mind jumps around like a mad flea.

Anyway, the point is, thinking about Michael's gestures - of any type - is madly fascinating and I've been thinking about this all day. @turtleneck_sweater is doing gesture studies which sounds awesome.

If you look at his dance moves, the smoothness of movements, the control, it comes from muscles! Muscles are what controls your movements not bones! He has to have very strong Abs, and of very strong upper leg muscles for all the up and down movements. If you see Come Together / Dirty Diana, it is very clear!
He is strong but also lean and elegant. Mm ...

Takes a lot of strong muscles to do this.

tumblr_kw0f3rXDMb1qaxmp5o1_500.jpg

Back