Rod Tempertons "MYSTERY"

When? I thought Matt Forger went looking for it back when BAD 25 was being made and they couldn't find anything. He couldn't even remember the song being recorded.
IIRC it was present in a box of cassette tapes being sold somewhere. Might be remembering wrong, I do remember seeing a picture of the tape though.

'Groove Of Midnight' was written by Rod Temperton, and it was meant for the 'BAD' album.

American female singer Siedah Garrett revealed (during a Questlove Supreme podcast) that Michael Jackson fully recorded it.

One can easily understand why the song did not make the 'BAD' album.

'Groove Of Midnight' was melodically a very weak and forgettable song, it did not fit the overall aggressive tone of the 'BAD' album, and it was also a song more suitable for a female voice (hence, why Siedah Garrett recorded her own version of it for her 'Kiss Of Life' album).

'Spice Of Life' was written by Rod Temperton, but it is also said that Rod Temperton co-wrote it with British songwriter Derek Bramble.

'Spice Of Life' was recorded by Michael Jackson in 1981 for the 'Thriller' album.

'Stand Tall' was registered with the United States Copyright Office in 1985, and it was meant for the 'BAD' album (it was recorded in 1982).
What
When? I thought Matt Forger went looking for it back when BAD 25 was being made and they couldn't find anything. He couldn't even remember the song being recorded.
I saw it in Google

Yes like that u are right
Found the image in another thread

Screenshot-2017-09-06-13-39-21.png

'Groove Of Midnight' was melodically a very weak and forgettable song, it did not fit the overall aggressive tone of the 'BAD' album, and it was also a song more suitable for a female voice (hence, why Siedah Garrett recorded her own version of it for her 'Kiss Of Life' album).
Siedah’s voice color is much darker than Michael’s, and she can’t hit higher notes than him, so your statement is self-contradictory.

There’s nothing that Siedah’s voice could do on that song, that Michael’s couldn’t, so in what way is her voice, or any female voice for that matter, more suitable to that song than Michael’s?

Groove of Midnight would have some really nice potential if there was a MJ version recorded. I wonder how finished it would be. Would love to hear it.

Did I Just Can’t Stop Loving You fit the overall aggressive tone of the Bad album? Did Liberian girl?
'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' did not fit the overall aggressive tone of the 'BAD' album, either.

It appears that Michael Jackson and his team only cared about replicating the success of what they had already done with the 'The Girl Is Mine' song (a duet as a lead single).

Speaking of 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You', this song should not have been included on any of his albums.

It sounds overly sentimental to the point of mawkishness, and also it lacks that spirit that would make the song a really powerful and memorable ballad.

Note that American female singer Barbra Streisand reportedly turned it down when it was offered to her as a duet with Michael Jackson.

'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' did not fit the overall aggressive tone of the 'BAD' album, either.

It appears that Michael Jackson and his team only cared about replicating the success of what they had already done with the 'The Girl Is Mine' song (a duet as a lead single).

Speaking of 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You', this song should not have been included on any of his albums.

It sounds overly sentimental to the point of mawkishness, and also it lacks that spirit that would make the song a really powerful and memorable ballad.

Note that American female singer Barbra Streisand reportedly turned it down when it was offered to her as a duet with Michael Jackson.
So if IJCSLY didn't fit the aggressive tone of the Bad album but it was still included, that means that the reason for the exclusion of Groove of Midnight wasn't that it didn't fit the aggressive tone of the Bad album. So you are wrong, once again.

I am glad that IJCSLY was included on the Bad album. It is a sweet ballad that was always one of the highlights of Michael's live performances, in my opinion.

And considering what Streisand has to say about Michael after Leaving Neverland, I am glad she turned it down. It would have made the song unlistenable for me. Siedeh Garret complimented Michael well on the song and I am happy that Michael chose her.

Did Michael recorded rolling the dice ? There .what about .Damien shileds he said he heard stand tall there is no Michael voice it's another man

There .what about .Damien shileds he said he heard stand tall there is no Michael voice it's another man
Despite what this guy said about the song, 'Stand Tall' is a song which Michael Jackson kept working on for many years and he considered it for inclusion on 3 different albums ('Thriller', 'BAD', 'Dangerous').

This strongly suggests that he recorded it (with his vocals on it).
Did Michael recorded rolling the dice ?
It appears that Michael Jackson recorded 'Rolling The Dice', but eventually the song was left out from the 'Thriller' album.

Despite what this guy said about the song, 'Stand Tall' is a song which Michael Jackson kept working on for many years and he considered it for inclusion on 3 different albums ('Thriller', 'BAD', 'Dangerous').

It appears that Michael Jackson recorded 'Rolling The Dice', but eventually the song was left out from the 'Thriller' album.
That's very good information from you brother so .what about don't matter to me .that drake release with MJ vocal .did MJ recorded it full .? What about .songs with Paul macartny .remember this night

Who told you about stand tall worked for three albums .from where u bring the information .

So if IJCSLY didn't fit the aggressive tone of the Bad album but it was still included, that means that the reason for the exclusion of Groove of Midnight wasn't that it didn't fit the aggressive tone of the Bad album. So you are wrong, once again.

I am glad that IJCSLY was included on the Bad album. It is a sweet ballad that was always one of the highlights of Michael's live performances, in my opinion.

And considering what Streisand has to say about Michael after Leaving Neverland, I am glad she turned it down. It would have made the song unlistenable for me. Siedeh Garret complimented Michael well on the song and I am happy that Michael chose her.
Quincy Jones chose her, not Michael Jackson.

Siedah Garrett was one of Quincy Jones' staff songwriters at the time.

Quincy Jones asked her if she liked the song and if she could sing it, and she replied in the affirmative.

Then, he sent her to the studio to record her vocals on the song.

Quincy Jones also ordered Michael Jackson to follow her so as to record his vocals on the song, as well.

"Sid, do you like this song? … You think you can sing it? … Well, get up and go in there and sing the song … Michael, go in there" (Quincy Jones)
Are there any songs released by Michael that you think are actually great? Is there any decision he ever made in his life that you think was smart?
His decision to abandon the Jackson 5/The Jacksons in order to begin a career as a solo artist can be considered smart.

Quincy Jones chose her, not Michael Jackson.

Siedah Garrett was one of Quincy Jones' staff songwriters at the time.

Quincy Jones asked her if she liked the song and if she could sing it, and she replied in the affirmative.

Then, he sent her to the studio to record her vocals on the song.

Quincy Jones also ordered Michael Jackson to follow her so as to record his vocals on the song, as well.

"Sid, do you like this song? … You think you can sing it? … Well, get up and go in there and sing the song … Michael, go in there" (Quincy Jones)

His decision to abandon the Jackson 5/The Jacksons in order to begin a career as a solo artist can be considered smart.
Why. There is no information to read about. stand tall. Spice of life . Groove of midnight. . you think they will put those in thriller 40 . I never read about them any informations

Why. There is no information to read about. stand tall. Spice of life . Groove of midnight. . you think they will put those in thriller 40 . I never read about them any informations
They are not going to include any of these songs on the 'Thriller 40' album.

I doubt anything that has Quincy production on it will be released on Thriller 40, unless they've worked something out since the recent court case/dispute.

Bad 25 I'd say is an indicator of what's in store, songs that might have been considered for Thriller, but the demo version of them rather than the final version that was actually close to making the record

apart from the title track, I personally think that rod temperton’s outtakes are better than his contributions to the completed ‘thriller’ album.

The 'Michael Jackson: For The Record' book is one of these sources.

'Rolling The Dice' was written and recorded during the early 'Thriller' album sessions.

It has been said that Michael Jackson and Rod Temperton were not satisfied with the final result of the song, which implies that this song exists in a complete form.
What's your opinion about thriller 40 they will release what lovely way to go .so they can release rolling the dice or spice of life or stand tall ????

What's your opinion about thriller 40 they will release what lovely way to go .so they can release rolling the dice or spice of life or stand tall ????
They are not going to include any of these songs ('Rolling The Dice', 'Spice Of Life', 'Stand Tall') on the 'Thriller 40' album.

Source?
If it's true then not exactly, just because MJ worked on a song for years it isn't a guarantee that it has vocals. Shut Up and Dance was worked on for 10 years and Michael never recorded vocals for it.

No. No, he didn’t.

The only existing copy of “Stand Tall,” so far as any legitimate evidence has ever shown, is sung by a session vocalist (or perhaps one of the Jackson brothers). Furthermore, that title has never once appeared in any interviews or handwritten notes (at least those that are publicly available).

There’s literally a thread entitled “let’s end the confusion about MJ’s unreleased songs,” and yet day in and day out you blatantly lie and sow more confusion. If you’re telling the truth, start posting links.

Back