Second local show added for off the wall Jackson tribute

MJStorm

Proud Member
Second local show added for off the wall Jackson tribute

The StarPhoenix
July 18, 2011 6:03 PM

A second Saskatoon show has been added to Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour, coming in October. Strong demand led to an extra show being added on Oct. 30 at 4 p.m. This is in addition to the original Credit Union Centre performance on Oct. 29.

Tickets became available Monday and can be purchased at ticketmaster.ca or by calling 938-7800. Prices range from $50 to $250.

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour combines the King of Pop’s legendary music and signature choreography with Cirque du Soleil’s high-flying creativity.

The show recently announced that Greg Phillinganes, who was the music director on Jackson’s Bad and Dangerous tours and worked on albums including Thriller and Off the Wall, is joining the Immortal tour as music director.

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/entert...#ixzz1SVMUbF8w

Waw Michael's legacy is truly phenomenal and keeps on going. Eat your hearts out haters!!!

I am very upset with the lack of news about the shows. Will We have an Invincible part III? No commercials and promotions?

Well, it's hard to promote something like this while MJ's killer is still running free.

I think they had hoped the trial would have ended by now...but just yesterday, we finally got confirmation that the trial will go ahead this september.

You think it will be easy to promote such a tour, with the family putting road blocks and during a high profile trial?

They need to proceed cautiously.

Well, it's hard to promote something like this while MJ's killer is still running free.

I think they had hoped the trial would have ended by now...but just yesterday, we finally got confirmation that the trial will go ahead this september.

You think it will be easy to promote such a tour, with the family putting road blocks and during a high profile trial?

They need to proceed cautiously.

I think that big promotion is possible. We were in mourning, fighting for justice, but watching "this is it" commercials on TV.

Well the good news is that since they are adding more shows, it means the word is out there and shows are being sold out. However, I understand what you mean about the promotion to the general public. Let's see what happens on TV later in the summer.

I think that big promotion is possible. We were in mourning, fighting for justice, but watching "this is it" commercials on TV.

I think they are being cautious...rightfully so.

But I, like everyone else, want this to be successful. I am sure promotion will begin soon, same for the reality show they had mentioned earlier last year.

They have a billboard up in Vegas so they are beginning to promote

Second Show Added to Jackson’s ‘Immortal Tour’

Posted by Brian Schultz

A second show has been added for Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson tribute show at MTS Centre this fall.

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour will stop in Winnipeg as previously announced on Wednesday, October 26, as well as the following night on Thursday, October 27.

Tickets for the second show will go on sale through Ticketmaster at noon today. Prices range from $50 to $250 each.

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/42428/mic...-soleil-tour-winnipeg-second-show-mts-centre/

MJStorm;3444340 said:
Second Show Added to Jackson’s ‘Immortal Tour’

Posted by Brian Schultz

A second show has been added for Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson tribute show at MTS Centre this fall.

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour will stop in Winnipeg as previously announced on Wednesday, October 26, as well as the following night on Thursday, October 27.

Tickets for the second show will go on sale through Ticketmaster at noon today. Prices range from $50 to $250 each.

http://www.chrisd.ca/blog/42428/mic...-soleil-tour-winnipeg-second-show-mts-centre/

Cirque adds second date to Michael Jackson show
By: Staff Writer

Posted: 07/26/2011 1:08 PM | Comments: 0 (including replies)
Print E–mail 5 2Share7
Report Error

Michael Jackson is still immortal to his Winnipeg fans.

Another local date has been added to the Cirque du Soleil’s production, Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour, on Oct. 27 at the MTS Centre due to strong demand for the original Oct. 26 show.

Tickets for the new date are on sale now for $61.50 to $190.25 at Ticketmaster.

Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour features a mixture of dancing, music, acrobatics and visuals featuring the late singer’s music as the soundtrack.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/br...d-date-to-Michael-Jackson-show-126195368.html

Back