SHOUT as 1st single

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Shout as the first single could've saved the albums sales.
It has a meaning, it's innovative, it hits hard, it's fast, it puts Eminem in his place
Shout as first single and the world would've been astonished

I love the song but it lacks a melody which would stay in peoples heads

Most people on here say it's among Michael's worst songs....

How the hell would it be considered a good comeback single 🥴

This thread is about as bad as the time you thought Aaron Carter was really calling Michael on stage during his 30th anniversary show

'Shout' as the first single would not have saved the album's sales because:

- Many fans have complained that they have difficulty in understanding certain lyrics of the song's verses

- 'Shout' thematically rehashes old themes that the singer had already sung in his previous songs ('Jam', 'Man In The Mirror', etc)

- The song is unoriginal and not innovative considering that its chorus is basically the same as the one of the 'Shout' song (released in 1959 by the American group The Isley Brothers)

In any case, it would be interesting to hear the other, not released version of the 'Shout' song which is slightly different to the released one (for example, in this other version, Michael Jackson utters "Let's shout" at the beginning of the song).

The song is really good, but I don't think it would have completely saved the album sales.

Not sure it would’ve worked as the first single, but it’s without question one of the best songs to come out of the Invincible sessions. The vocals are mixed a little too low, but that’s a minor grievance.

Great idea to have a song where people can barely understand what MIchael is saying as the lead single. You Rock My World was the perfect lead single as it was probably the most radio friendly song from the album.

Shout is such an overrated song. Never understood the hype it gets from some fans.

There was only one perfect lead single for Invincible album. It's Unbreakable! Michael knew that, but unfortunately Sony ruined his plans. Invincible had to have 10 singles and 4 mini filmes. But Sony gave money to shoot only one video...

I kinda like it because its so different to other MJ songs but no way would this be a good A side single option.
Happy to have it but I rarely play it….20 years ago or in 2023.

Shout as the first single would've made the people speculating who this new hot rapper is
they would say, he's faster than Eminem!

It's a weird song: is it an attempt of doing a remix of 'Do It' by Guy? Or maybe that track just served as a demo backing and they left it like this..?
It lacks a contagious chorus and the 'shout' reference could be clearer and doper imo. BUT I believe it could be an awesome song because the lyrics and delivery of the verses are just amazing... Imagine a 'Man In The Mirror' type of video overlayed with cool typograpy

Last edited:
2000 Watts with a badass music video would have been dope.
that would have caused some hype, because it's such a special song.
(maybe even a feature with a rapper like Xzibit or Busta would have been insane on 2000 Watts)

vocals/lyrics on Shout are barely audible unfortunately.

true
This is not your ordinary record
Record, re-re-record, re-re-re-cor-cor-cord
"This is not your ordinary record" - this line actually pretty relevant for 2000 Watts song too. Both songs are kinda experiment, though Shout is much better. I wonder, why Michael decided to add weaker one

Back